Discuss Scratch

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why is the default color in Scratch purple?

Why is the default color in Scratch color 72, saturation 60, and brightness 100? This might sound like a pointless question but I'm just wondering why this is.

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Because why not? They had to pick a color to be the default color, and I guess purple was the random picked default color. Some people will like it, others won't, and it's just how it is :P

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NilsTheBest wrote:

Because why not? They had to pick a color to be the default color, and I guess purple was the random picked default color. Some people will like it, others won't, and it's just how it is :P

I have about 3450 posts, 90 shared projects, 180 total created/followed topics, and 425 followers.

-Reshiram-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yes, I wonder why they didn't use 215, 69, 100 – the main color of the Scratch homepage.

I am now @SquirreIstar with an i, as in “I used to be -Reshiram-”
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Reshiram- wrote:

Yes, I wonder why they didn't use 215, 69, 100 – the main color of the Scratch homepage.
Maybe the Scratch Wiki navigation bar color got used as the default color, since it's purple.

-Reshiram-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Maybe the Scratch Wiki navigation bar color got used as the default color, since it's purple.
No, the Scratch Wiki's purple is more vibrant, while the editor purple is lighter.

openPoll
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Reshiram- wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

No, the Scratch Wiki's purple is more vibrant, while the editor purple is lighter.
Huh? My editor is blue?

Moi? Whaddya wahnt from moi?

——

Inactive Scratcher • making memes wen??? • define defineI have Robux >:)1,000+ hours on Splatoon 2 • 250+ hours on Pokémon White • 100+ hours on MinecraftAn 8 bit remix I love • i have lots game • too lazy to make rainbows • still a proud Windows 7 user
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

openPoll wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Huh? My editor is blue?
We're talking the default color for the costume editor, not the navigation bar color in the editor.

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

openPoll wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Huh? My editor is blue?

I am pretty sure they are talking about this:

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

openPoll wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Huh? My editor is blue?

I am pretty sure they are talking about this:
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

-Reshiram-
Scratcher
100+ posts

(by the way i messed up the blue i mentioned is actually close to 60, 60, 100 in the Scratch editor)

Here's your comparison of the purples:
Purple color on the Wiki
Purple color on the project editor

Last edited by -Reshiram- (July 25, 2019 22:01:13)

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Reshiram- wrote:

(by the way i messed up the blue i mentioned is actually close to 60, 60, 100 in the Scratch editor)

Purple color on the Wiki
Ok, I was kind of confused when you said 215 and I was like, “You're probably talking about RGB values, not Scratch color values…”

-Reshiram-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Purple color on the Wiki
Ok, I was kind of confused when you said 215 and I was like, “You're probably talking about RGB values, not Scratch color values…”
(I thought Scratch used normal HSVs )

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Reshiram- wrote:

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

-Reshiram- wrote:

Purple color on the Wiki
(I thought Scratch used normal HSVs )

LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It's because the Scratch Team is Thanos

Default Color

Notice the similarities? I think it's because purple is the color of the “Looks” blocks, and the “Looks” blocks change stuff with costumes/sprites. So I think it's kinda fitting.
I hope you see the connection.

LuckyLucky7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LegoManiac04 wrote:

It's because the Scratch Team is Thanos

Default Color

Notice the similarities? I think it's because purple is the color of the “Looks” blocks, and the “Looks” blocks change stuff with costumes/sprites. So I think it's kinda fitting.
I hope you see the connection.
That makes sense. I think that this answered my question.

Last edited by LuckyLucky7 (July 25, 2019 22:36:30)