Discuss Scratch

ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!


Hi! This is the Super Cat Tales Topic! (Also called Super Cat Bros. On Android.)
Talk about Super Cat Tales/Super Cat Bros., Super Cat Tales 2, and Super Cat Tales: Magic Bridge! and their characters.
Show off your fan art of Super Cat Tales. (that's G-PG rated, of course)
Or even talk about (G-PG rated) theories about Super Cat Tales.
Have Fun!

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

?

If what you say to me sounds mean, don't worry about my feelings; odds are, I'll find it funny.
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
There it is. Post #3000.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

SuperDoom wrote:

?
What?

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
Tortex
Scratcher
14 posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

never heard of it seems chibi

huge fan of cad funniest comic ever
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

Tortex wrote:

never heard of it seems chibi
It's available on the app store/google play for free, if you want to try it.

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

In your opinion, how close is it to “similar enough to SMB that Nintendo would send a cease and desist notice?”

ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

CatsUnited wrote:

In your opinion, how close is it to “similar enough to SMB that Nintendo would send a cease and desist notice?”
Not very similar at all, the music DOES sound it would come from a SNES, the gameplay is much different, and the graphics don't look like SMW or any SNES Mario game. But it doesn't really play like Mario at all, I don't think it could ever get a cease and desist.

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

In your opinion, how close is it to “similar enough to SMB that Nintendo would send a cease and desist notice?”
Not very similar at all, the music DOES sound it would come from a SNES, the gameplay is much different, and the graphics don't look like SMW or any SNES Mario game. But it doesn't really play like Mario at all, I don't think it could ever get a cease and desist.
Okay, I wondered if it was something more like DMCA Royale was

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
Some sort of attack move (besides the helpers) would be very cool, and help against enemies like bats, which you have to run past quickly or else you will take damage, AND THE ENEMIES THAT THROW SNOWBALLS IN THE SNOW WORLD OF 1 WERE SUPER ANNOYING, like, they could two-shot you very easily, with two of them, or just one, for some reason they threw another snowball directly after the first hit which always makes you lose a life.
Maybe something like a scratch move, (like Super Mario 3D World!) or SOMETHING. Because it would be a lot better if you could attack.
It's still really good, but it's low points were those enemies.

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
Some sort of attack move (besides the helpers) would be very cool, and help against enemies like bats, which you have to run past quickly or else you will take damage, AND THE ENEMIES THAT THROW SNOWBALLS IN THE SNOW WORLD OF 1 WERE SUPER ANNOYING, like, they could two-shot you very easily, with two of them, or just one, for some reason they threw another snowball directly after the first hit which always makes you lose a life.
Maybe something like a scratch move, (like Super Mario 3D World!) or SOMETHING. Because it would be a lot better if you could attack.
It's still really good, but it's low points were those enemies.
Super Cat Tales 2 is even worse with enemy placement. It's like they designed the game to have a dedicated jump button but you can only jump when you run off a ledge.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
Some sort of attack move (besides the helpers) would be very cool, and help against enemies like bats, which you have to run past quickly or else you will take damage, AND THE ENEMIES THAT THROW SNOWBALLS IN THE SNOW WORLD OF 1 WERE SUPER ANNOYING, like, they could two-shot you very easily, with two of them, or just one, for some reason they threw another snowball directly after the first hit which always makes you lose a life.
Maybe something like a scratch move, (like Super Mario 3D World!) or SOMETHING. Because it would be a lot better if you could attack.
It's still really good, but it's low points were those enemies.
Super Cat Tales 2 is even worse with enemy placement. It's like they designed the game to have a dedicated jump button but you can only jump when you run off a ledge.
The placement in 1 was bad enough, I've only played 1, but I'm not looking forward to the placement in 2 if so.
Also why did Brutus get replaced by… EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER? Wasn't his ability being the only one strong enough to break blocks? How did the other Cats suddenly gain Brutus' strength?

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
Some sort of attack move (besides the helpers) would be very cool, and help against enemies like bats, which you have to run past quickly or else you will take damage, AND THE ENEMIES THAT THROW SNOWBALLS IN THE SNOW WORLD OF 1 WERE SUPER ANNOYING, like, they could two-shot you very easily, with two of them, or just one, for some reason they threw another snowball directly after the first hit which always makes you lose a life.
Maybe something like a scratch move, (like Super Mario 3D World!) or SOMETHING. Because it would be a lot better if you could attack.
It's still really good, but it's low points were those enemies.
Super Cat Tales 2 is even worse with enemy placement. It's like they designed the game to have a dedicated jump button but you can only jump when you run off a ledge.
The placement in 1 was bad enough, I've only played 1, but I'm not looking forward to the placement in 2 if so.
Also why did Brutus get replaced by… EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER? Wasn't his ability being the only one strong enough to break blocks? How did the other Cats suddenly gain Brutus' strength?
Convenience, I guess? They added big blocks that only he can break to the sequel, I think.
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Super Cat Tales Topic!

Spycapt54 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

These games were cute. I love the art-style, graphics, mechanics, and the different cats you can play as.

The free-to-play aspect really shows its ugly head later on in both games, though. Cheap enemy placements and secrets locked behind specific items that require grinding for coins to unlock. Especially in the second game.
Some sort of attack move (besides the helpers) would be very cool, and help against enemies like bats, which you have to run past quickly or else you will take damage, AND THE ENEMIES THAT THROW SNOWBALLS IN THE SNOW WORLD OF 1 WERE SUPER ANNOYING, like, they could two-shot you very easily, with two of them, or just one, for some reason they threw another snowball directly after the first hit which always makes you lose a life.
Maybe something like a scratch move, (like Super Mario 3D World!) or SOMETHING. Because it would be a lot better if you could attack.
It's still really good, but it's low points were those enemies.
Super Cat Tales 2 is even worse with enemy placement. It's like they designed the game to have a dedicated jump button but you can only jump when you run off a ledge.
The placement in 1 was bad enough, I've only played 1, but I'm not looking forward to the placement in 2 if so.
Also why did Brutus get replaced by… EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER? Wasn't his ability being the only one strong enough to break blocks? How did the other Cats suddenly gain Brutus' strength?
Convenience, I guess? They added big blocks that only he can break to the sequel, I think.
Wait, I thought Brutus was removed in the sequel? The only thing that remains of him are a cameo and some unused sprites from 1.

Check out Sonic Cafe, a game we're working on!
Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile