Discuss Scratch

findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinematography topic

after i first learned about the “hitchcock zoom” it's been like a game for me to spot it in tarantino movies. i will literally pause a scene and be like “hey, that's the hitchcock zoom! rad!”

it me. the bisexual indie softboi. no pronouns (do not refer to me). currents is a bad album
Oooot5
Scratcher
48 posts

cinematography topic

petsounds wrote:

me and the boys at 3am looking for beans
when green flag clicked
play sound [spiffy Pictures.EXE buttons horrorendv]
findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinematography topic

Oooot5 wrote:

petsounds wrote:

me and the boys at 3am looking for beans
when green flag clicked
play sound [spiffy Pictures.EXE buttons horrorendv]
dude such an epic may may haha. you're really contributing to the discussion

(no one report this person, they are innocent, a pure cinnamon roll)

it me. the bisexual indie softboi. no pronouns (do not refer to me). currents is a bad album
findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinematography topic

what i'd like to see, personally, is a film where the camera doesn't move through the entirety of the movie; like a stage play.

Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cinematography topic

findanegg wrote:

what i'd like to see, personally, is a film where the camera doesn't move through the entirety of the movie; like a stage play.

That would be nice, but someone who has ADHD might fall in sleep.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cinematography topic

findanegg wrote:

That would be cool, but I've heard that an important technique in film is to switch camera positions, zooms etc. often (several seconds), so I'm not sure how that'd work out with trying to engage with a mainstream audience, but I would still like to see a movie do that.

bottom text
findanegg
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinematography topic

CatsUnited wrote:

findanegg wrote:

That would be cool, but I've heard that an important technique in film is to switch camera positions, zooms etc. often (several seconds), so I'm not sure how that'd work out with trying to engage with a mainstream audience, but I would still like to see a movie do that.
the cinematography comes from the performance of the actors.

is there a term for “soap-opera” style old timey cinematography as in the twilight zone?

Last edited by findanegg (June 26, 2019 02:29:05)

petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

cinematography topic

findanegg wrote:

maybe have a look at micheal haneke. he's one of my favorite directors and while there's still some camera movement in his films, it usually remains very stoic and “objective”. lots of long takes where the camera never moves that sometimes last up to 10 minutes. my favorite film by him is cache and it's not a bad starting point.