Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Show and Tell
  • » Scratch Battles - A New Way To Explore And Have Fun On The Scratch Website - We Need You! (CURRENTLY BEING REDEVELOPED) [RSS Feed]
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Battles - A New Way To Explore And Have Fun On The Scratch Website - We Need You! (CURRENTLY BEING REDEVELOPED)

Nambaseking01 wrote:

-snip-
Lol

I think we really need to stop derailing this thread…

Hey, wait a minute, this just gave me an idea, should I add a meme battle?

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Battles - A New Way To Explore And Have Fun On The Scratch Website - We Need You! (CURRENTLY BEING REDEVELOPED)

EZ-Games wrote:

~snip~
Hey, wait a minute, this just gave me an idea, should I add a meme battle?

Of course! I'll be a nice idea! Lemme get some random memes on here for any upcoming battles…

*searches up* Okay never mind these memes are crazy

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

let's stop goofing off before paddles closes the topic

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

let's stop goofing off before paddles closes the topic

Oh no please don't…

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ranks:
What is a rank?
A rank describes how experienced you are, it can also affect how many points your team earns each battle.

Ranks And Their Description:
None - currently redeveloping Scratch Battles.

Last edited by EZ-Games (Feb. 14, 2020 19:50:43)

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

Ranks:
What is a rank?
A rank describes how experienced you are, it can also affect how many points your team earns each battle.

Ranks And Their Description:
1st Class
- You have to be in a total of 50 battles to have this rank, you also earn 100 points for your team each battle if you participate!
2nd Class - You have to be in a total of 40 battles to have this rank, you also earn 80 points for your team each battle if you participate!
3rd Class - You have to be in a total of 30 battles to have this rank, you also earn 60 points for your team each battle if you participate!
4th Class - You have to be in a total of 20 battles to have this rank, you also earn 40 points for your team each battle if you participate!
5th Class - You have to be in a total of 10 battles to have this rank, you also earn 20 points for your team each battle you participate!
6th Class - You have to be in a total of 5 battles to have this rank, you also earn 10 points for your team each battle you participate!
Noob - You have to be in at least 1 battle to get this rank, you earn no points for your team.
New Borns - This is the starting rank for everyone who starts Scratch Battles, you have participated in no battles if you have this rank.

Nice idea! You already have written this somewhere else, but it's great you decided to add this to the discussion thread!

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Winning Battles:

Losing Battles:

Last edited by EZ-Games (Feb. 14, 2020 19:51:35)

Advice:
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

-snip-
Nice idea! You already have written this somewhere else, but it's great you decided to add this to the discussion thread!

Thanks! Yeah, I thought I might give ranks a purpose instead of them just being used to show off, although it can still be used for that.

Advice:
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

Winning Battles:
Whenever your team wins a battle, not only does your team get one more win, your team will get double the number of points then they would if they lost! For example, say you had two (2) teammates that participated in a recent battle, they both had a 1st Class rank, since those ranks would usually give you 100 points, each teammate would instead get 200 points since they won the battle! So in the end, if their team won, that team would have earned 400 points.

Losing Battles:
Sadly, this will add a loss to your team, but, you will still get points depending on who participated and what their ranks were. For example, say you were on the losing team for a recent battle, and you had only one (1) teammate that was in that battle, his/her rank was 1st Class. Since they lost, they would only get 100 points, since 1st Class members get 100 points for their team.

Nice idea! This makes it more tempting to win, but it's good you made a system like everyone gets point, losing or winning.
But hey, what if some gets 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000███████████?
Will we have seperate seasons like in Fortnite?

EZ-Games wrote:

although it can still be used for that.

Last edited by Nambaseking01 (July 15, 2019 14:02:29)

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

-snip-
Nice idea! This makes it more tempting to win, but it's good you made a system like everyone gets point, losing or winning.
But hey, what if some gets 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000███████████?
Will we have seperate seasons like in Fortnite?
-snip-

I had an idea where the points might reset every month, and whichever team has the most points at the end of the month wins a monthly points battle. This would be a more special win and might not count as a “normal win”, I will probably make a new special win sorta thing, but I am still trying to figure that part out.

Advice:
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Advice:
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

-snip-
I had an idea where the points might reset every month, and whichever team has the most points at the end of the month wins a monthly points battle. This would be a more special win and might not count as a “normal win”, I will probably make a new special win sorta thing, but I am still trying to figure that part out.

Oh, okay. Now I understand.

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Last edited by EZ-Games (July 16, 2019 15:06:20)

Advice:
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vote:
Should I add a Scratch Trivia Battle?

Supporters:
  • @Nambaseking01

Non-Supporters:

Last edited by EZ-Games (July 17, 2019 17:58:01)

Advice:
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

Vote:

~snip~

What do you mean by a Trivia Battle? I don't exactly know what that means. I found the meaning in Wikipedia, but I'm not sure how that could be a battle.

Trivia Wikipedia Article

The trivia (singular trivium) are three lower Artes Liberales: grammar, logic, and rhetoric. These were the topics of basic education, foundational to the quadrivia of higher education, and hence the material of basic education and an important building block for all undergraduates.

The ancient Romans used the word triviae to describe where one road split or forked into two roads. Triviae was formed from tri (three) and viae (roads) – literally meaning “three roads”, and in transferred use “a public place” and hence the meaning “commonplace.”

The pertaining adjective is triviālis. The adjective trivial was adopted in Early Modern English, while the noun trivium only appears in learned usage from the 19th century, in reference to the Artes Liberales and the plural trivia in the sense of “trivialities, trifles” only in the 20th century.

The Latin adjective triviālis in Classical Latin besides its literal meaning could have the meaning “appropriate to the street corner, commonplace, vulgar.” In late Latin, it could also simply mean “triple.” In medieval Latin, it came to refer to the lower division of the Artes Liberales, namely grammar, rhetoric, and logic. (The other four Liberal Arts were the quadrivium, namely arithmetic, geometry, music, and astronomy, which were more challenging.) Hence, trivial in this sense would have meant “of interest only to an undergraduate.”

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

EZ-Games wrote:

Vote:

~snip~

What do you mean by a Trivia Battle? I don't exactly know what that means. I found the meaning in Wikipedia, but I'm not sure how that could be a battle.
-snip-

It's basically a quiz.

Advice:
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EZ-Games wrote:

~snip~
It's basically a quiz.

Oh!

I think I'm good at quizzes! Sure, I support for it.

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump (yes, I did my job as backup bumper!)

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Advice:
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

Advice:
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Show and Tell
  • » Scratch Battles - A New Way To Explore And Have Fun On The Scratch Website - We Need You! (CURRENTLY BEING REDEVELOPED) [RSS Feed]