Discuss Scratch

Remixxtehsmol
Scratcher
49 posts

Ability to delete your own projects from a studio you don't curate/manage!!

I found that even if you yourself add one of your projects to a studio while not curating/managing, you cannot remove it from the studio. I find this a little odd. If it's your own project, why can't you remove it from a studio?

What if you misclicked and added the wrong project? You have no way to remove it besides waiting for a curator or manager, which can take a while.

When I used to add a few projects to studios, it was nice to have the ability to delete them if I happened to add the wrong one, and not have to wait for someone else to delete it for me

I believe this used to be a feature, but apparently, you can't do it anymore?

Last edited by Remixxtehsmol (June 19, 2019 02:45:23)

Screaming noises

Interested in joining a MAP? Click here!
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Do you mean “Ability to delete projects from a studio you don't manage”?

Your title and description seem to suggest two very different things.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Remixxtehsmol
Scratcher
49 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Do you mean “Ability to delete projects from a studio you don't manage”?

Your title and description seem to suggest two very different things.

Yeah, that'd probably be a better way to word it. I'll change it right now. Maybe manage/curate? You can't remove a project unless you curate or manage

Ack I've never posted in the suggestions form over all 3 of my accounts, so apologies for any misunderstandings–

Screaming noises

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In that case, I think if you don't curate a studio, then you can only remove your projects from studios. Being able to remove anyone's projects from a studio would make it considerably easier to abuse studios.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Remixxtehsmol
Scratcher
49 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

In that case, I think if you don't curate a studio, then you can only remove your projects from studios. Being able to remove anyone's projects from a studio would make it considerably easier to abuse studios.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking for. If it's your own project, you should be able to remove it. I feel like it wouldn't really harm much.

Screaming noises

NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You can already remove your project from a studio you don't curate.

1. Go to your project's page.
2. Click “Add to Studio.”
3. You'll get a list of studios your project is in and studios you're a curator of. Any studios that are green are studios that your project is in. Click on it and your project will be removed from the studio.

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

Remixxtehsmol
Scratcher
49 posts

NanoRook wrote:

3. You'll get a list of studios your project is in and studios you're a curator of. Any studios that are green are studios that your project is in. Click on it and your project will be removed from the studio.

Whoops- Didn't know this, thanks! I'm still trying to catch up with 3.0, haha. It'd be a little easier if it were more obvious and I could delete it directly from the studio, but a ST member can close this now if they'd like. Thank you!

Screaming noises

Anonymous1212144
Scratcher
100+ posts

NanoRook wrote:

The problem with that is that the number of studios it shows is limited, so if you have that project in many studios, it will only show a few of them.
Remixxtehsmol
Scratcher
49 posts

Anonymous1212144 wrote:

NanoRook wrote:

The problem with that is that the number of studios it shows is limited, so if you have that project in many studios, it will only show a few of them.

Ah- Conflict ensues. I feel like you should still have the option to “See more” then :I

Screaming noises

great_elmo
Scratcher
100+ posts

support!, this should come

Recovering Scrstch user. Joining YT hopefully this year.