Discuss Scratch

I_Me_Mine70
Scratcher
100+ posts

Special Containment Procedures

ManOnRoad wrote:

Can we not comment loads of random SCP proposals that will never make it out of scratch?

No
I_Me_Mine70
Scratcher
100+ posts

Item #: SCP-5621

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: The entire supply of SCP-5621 is to be kept in a secure container at Site-57 Site-60. Personnel are advised not to use SCP-5621 unless if their request was granted by an O5 council member.

Description: SCP-5621 is a group designation for a supply of 84 pharmaceutical tablets labeled “consumption pill by dado”. SCP-5621 possesses a cognitohazard which affects 5% of people, making them buy the pill. When SCP-5621 is consumed, the subject will become hungry, and capable of consuming anything. Within 4 hours after consumption, the subject, now designated as SCP-5621-A, will attempt to attack and consume any human within a 10 km radius. Within 17 hours after consumption, the SCP-5621-A instance will immediately suffer cardiac arrest followed by death. After this event takes place, the dead SCP-5621 will start to melt.

Addendum 5621.1: Discovery:

SCP-5621 was discovered the parking lot of a McDonald’s after someone had reported someone else suffering the effects of SCP-5621. By the time the MTF Zeta-12 (“dado pills”) had arrived at the location, the victim of SCP-5621 had succumbed to cardiac arrest.

Addendum 5621.2: Data Recovery Log #345:

The following data was recorded:

dado Wrote:

consumption pill by dado, buy it now

Anonymous:

Ok

kittiesrule247
Scratcher
100+ posts

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

Item #: SCP-6191978-J

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6191978-J is to be contained in a 60 m x 60 m x 60 m x 60 m containment chamber at Site-55555 in Research Sector-03. SCP-6191978-J must be fed 10 metric tons of lasagna every 4 or 5 hours in order to prevent SCP-6191978-J-A from happening. If SCP-6191978 attempts to breach containment, he should be fed lasagna until he passes out.

Description: SCP-6191978-J is a specimen of the species Felis catus. Specifically an orange tabby cat. SCP-6191978-J has abnormally large eyes, is overweight, and is capable of speaking and communicating in English. If not fed a sufficient amount of lasagna every 4 or 5 hours, SCP-6191978-J will manipulate any orange objects within a 40 m radius of him, using what is believed to be telekinesis, and attack anyone within a 45 m radius of him with it. This anomaly is referred to as SCP-6191978-J-A.

Addendum 6191978-1: SCP-6191978-J is capable of consuming lasagna 10 meters away from him.
sounds like garfield

Last edited by kittiesrule247 (Nov. 3, 2019 00:27:30)

LGBTQIAPNDO+ PRIDE
guanglai-kangyi
Scratcher
100+ posts

ManOnRoad wrote:

Can we not comment loads of random SCP proposals that will never make it out of scratch?
I agree

It's been so long since I last seen this website lost to that monster, the disinterest behind not posting
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Whoa, I still remember the good old days of this topic… I miss them…

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Meatlejuice
Scratcher
1000+ posts

guanglai-kangyi wrote:

ManOnRoad wrote:

I agree
Thirding. There should be another thread in M&C for those.

StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here's what I've got for the uncontainable box. Please give me some feedback, it's not quite done. (I eventually decided it was Euclid since it can be contained easily but if containment procedures are not followed it can do that to people) (See incident report 5929-3)

Item #: SCP-5929
Special Containment Procedures: SCP-5929 is not to be contained using any means possible. Instead, it is to sit on a pedestal labeled “DO NOT TOUCH” behind Site-44444 in an indent in the wall (see Incident Report 5929-3) sit on a pedestal labeled “DO NOT TOUCH” on the roof of Site-44444. SCP-5929 is to be monitored by video cameras, which should be turned off for ten minutes at a time at midnight, 3 AM, 6 AM, 9 AM, noon, 3 PM, 6 PM, and 9 PM. (See Incident Report 5929-2.) Tripwires placed with at least five centimeters between them (see Incident Report 5929-1) should be placed around SCP-5929's pedestal, and sound alarms when triggered.
Description: SCP-5929 is a sealed cubic cardboard box, five centimeters on a side. Attempts to cut through the cardboard, peel apart the flaps, or otherwise damage the box have proven futile. Other than its apparent invulnerability, the box shows no anomalous properties if left alone. However, if it is “contained,” the box can teleport up to three meters away. Further investigation reveals that this teleportation is really just swapping places with a cube of matter. The exact parameters of “containment” are uncertain, but things that have caused SCP-5929 to teleport include being placed in a box, shut inside a room or vehicle, teleported partially or fully into solid material, surrounded by traps (see Incident Report 5929-1), surveyed by video cameras for three continuous hours (see Incident Report 5929-2), covered by a tarp (see Incident Report 5929-3), or inside a [DATA EXPUNGED] (see Incident Report 5929-3) (Note from Dr. Suttac: Shouldn't that last one be categorized under “teleported partially into solid material?”
Incident Report 5929-1: SCP-5929's original containment procedures were acted out, and the SCP was carried to its pedestal. As soon as it was brought over the tripwires, it teleported to a location one meter away inside the tripwires, then immediately teleported back out and landed on D-17928's head. D-17928 was not injured by the impact. SCP-5929's containment procedures were updated accordingly.
Incident Report 5929-2: SCP-5929 was placed on its pedestal and monitored by video cameras. After exactly three hours had elapsed, it teleported inside Site-44444, apparently decided that being inside a building counted as “containment,” and teleported around Site-44444 until it ended up on the roof of the building. While teleporting, it carved full or partial holes in several things, including the main door to SCP-5255's containment chamber, the wall of Dr. Tuwos's office, and Dr. Suttac's potted plant. (Note from Dr. Suttac: I liked that plant. But seriously, we're lucky it didn't go all the way through that door. If it had, we'd be in serious trouble.) SCP-5929's containment procedures were updated accordingly.
Incident Report 5929-3: SCP-5929 had a tarp knocked over it and decided that that counted as “containment.” It swapped places with a large chunk of [DATA EXPUNGED], killing D-71293. Immediately after, likely due to the fact that it was surrounded on all sides by D-71293's [DATA EXPUNGED], it teleported back out into open air. When D-71293's body was examined, there was a perfect cube-shaped hole inside [DATA EXPUNGED]. This item had no traces of [DATA EXPUNGED] on it following the incident. SCP-5929's containment procedures were updated accordingly.

Last edited by StrixCattus (Nov. 2, 2019 20:49:29)

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
I_Me_Mine70
Scratcher
100+ posts

kittiesrule247 wrote:

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-6191978-J is to be contained in a 60 m x 60 m x 60 m x 60 m containment chamber at Site-55555 in Research Sector-03. SCP-6191978-J must be fed 10 metric tons of lasagna every 4 or 5 hours in order to prevent SCP-6191978-J-A from happening. If SCP-6191978 attempts to breach containment, he should be fed lasagna until he passes out.

Description: SCP-6191978-J is a specimen of the species Felis catus. Specifically an orange tabby cat. SCP-6191978-J has abnormally large eyes, is overweight, and is capable of speaking and communicating in English. If not fed a sufficient amount of lasagna every 4 or 5 hours, SCP-6191978-J will manipulate any orange objects within a 40 m radius of him, using what is believed to be telekinesis, and attack anyone within a 45 m radius of him with it. This anomaly is referred to as SCP-6191978-J-A.

Addendum 6191978-1: SCP-6191978-J is capable of consuming lasagna 10 meters away from him.
sound like garfield

It’s not 3166, but it is Garfield related
ManOnRoad
Scratcher
23 posts

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

kittiesrule247 wrote:

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

sound like garfield

garflef you bad cat

i wish for death

Hello and welcome to this forum that I commented on.

About me: Read my profile.

I_Me_Mine70
Scratcher
100+ posts

ManOnRoad wrote:

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

kittiesrule247 wrote:

I_Me_Mine70 wrote:

sound like garfield

garflef you bad cat

I’m sorry Jon
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

ManOnRoad wrote:

The main idea of the thread was to promote the writing and creation of SCP articles of all kinds. I see that you may be annoyed by the amount that's getting pumped out of this thread though, so everyone please slow down a bit and focus on quality, not quantity.

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Very good. I see you put a lot of effort into this. What I must suggest though is reclassing it as Keter. Here's why:

One way people determine the class of a scip is through the Box model. It works like this.

• If you lock it in a box, and it doesnt do anything, it's probably Safe.
  • If you lock it in a box, and it does something that you don't expect, it's Euclid.
  • If you lock it in a box, and it easily escapes, it's clearly Keter.
  • + If you lock it in a box, and if messing up causes the destruction of the world, it's automatically Apollyon. Also applies if you can't even put it in the box.
  • If it is the box, it's Thaumiel.

Thus, the OC of a scip doesn't depend on the danger level presented, but on how difficult containment is. A button to destroy the whole universe would actually be considered Safe, since it's pretty safe if you leave it alone. On the other hand, a cat that randomly switches places with another random cat would be Keter, since it's pretty harmless but difficult to contain.

For your case, I don't think Euclid fits, since the box is predictable and almost harmless (all harm was purely accidental, with D Class being in the wrong place at the wrong time), but it's virtually impossible to contain, due to its nature.

But of course, the final choice belongs to you.

Last edited by ResExsention (Nov. 6, 2019 14:59:34)

Infrequently active.

It feels weird to see how far we've come. I hope you're well, wherever you are!
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

ResExsention wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Very good. I see you put a lot of effort into this. What I must suggest though is reclassing it as Keter. Here's why:

One way people determine the class of a scip is through the Box model. It works like this.

• If you lock it in a box, and it does something that you don't expect, it's Euclid.
  • + If you lock it in a box, and if messing up causes the destruction of the world, it's automatically Apollyon. Also applies if you can't even put it in the box.

Thus, the OC of a scip doesn't depend on the danger level presented, but on how difficult containment is. A button to destroy the whole universe would actually be considered Safe, since it's pretty safe if you leave it alone. On the other hand, a cat that randomly switches places with another random cat would be Keter, since it's pretty harmless but difficult to contain.

For your case, I don't think Euclid fits, since the box is predictable and almost harmless (all harm was purely accidental, with D Class being in the wrong place at the wrong time), but it's virtually impossible to contain, due to its nature.

Yeah, this was kind of hard. I went with Euclid mostly because I have no idea where it would fit. I thought about it being Safe, because you could literally leave it sitting in a field somewhere, and as long as no one and nothing messes with it, nothing will happen. But, as you said, it's virtually impossible to contain, so it could be Keter… But if you don't mess with it, nothing happens, so you could argue that it's Safe… Basically I have absolutely no idea what it should fit into.

For the box test, I guess this is what would happen:

You lock it in a box, and it teleports out the second you shut the lid. (Or before you get anywhere near the box, if the box is in a building.) Then it maybe teleports around a little if it winds up somewhere it's contained. After that, it doesn't do anything unless you try to lock it in a box again.

This seems like a combination of Safe and Keter? I have no idea what its class should be, really.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
guanglai-kangyi
Scratcher
100+ posts

What if we played all star on 3636

It's been so long since I last seen this website lost to that monster, the disinterest behind not posting
ManOnRoad
Scratcher
23 posts

guanglai-kangyi wrote:

What if we played all star on 3636
What if we played Christmas at Ground Zero?

i wish for death

guanglai-kangyi
Scratcher
100+ posts

I saw somebody describe skips as spicy pokemon

sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StrixCattus wrote:

ResExsention wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-

Yeah, this was kind of hard. I went with Euclid mostly because I have no idea where it would fit. I thought about it being Safe, because you could literally leave it sitting in a field somewhere, and as long as no one and nothing messes with it, nothing will happen. But, as you said, it's virtually impossible to contain, so it could be Keter… But if you don't mess with it, nothing happens, so you could argue that it's Safe… Basically I have absolutely no idea what it should fit into.

For the box test, I guess this is what would happen:

You lock it in a box, and it teleports out the second you shut the lid. (Or before you get anywhere near the box, if the box is in a building.) Then it maybe teleports around a little if it winds up somewhere it's contained. After that, it doesn't do anything unless you try to lock it in a box again.

This seems like a combination of Safe and Keter? I have no idea what its class should be, really.
Make your own class.

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

sowut123 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Make your own class.
So a class for things that are only dangerous if contained?

So the “box test” for this class would be:
If you put it in the box and it escapes easily but then does nothing else, it is [this class]

I feel like it should be a bit broader though, I'm open to ideas here.

EDIT:

I have an idea for making it broader:
Things that are difficult to contain under certain circumstances but easy to contain under other circumstances.

Box test:
You put it in the box, and if [x], it escapes easily, but otherwise, it does nothing. (In the case of my SCP the condition is being in a box, but I guess a well-defended empty space can be a “box,” I mean it's not like they built a room around that IKEA SCP.)

Last edited by StrixCattus (Nov. 9, 2019 03:45:59)

W A L L F I S H
coco-animator
Scratcher
2 posts

think :: #ff5050
ManOnRoad
Scratcher
23 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

sowut123 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Make your own class.
So a class for things that are only dangerous if contained?

So the “box test” for this class would be:
If you put it in the box and it escapes easily but then does nothing else, it is [this class]

I feel like it should be a bit broader though, I'm open to ideas here.

EDIT:

I have an idea for making it broader:
Things that are difficult to contain under certain circumstances but easy to contain under other circumstances.

Box test:
You put it in the box, and if [x], it escapes easily, but otherwise, it does nothing. (In the case of my SCP the condition is being in a box, but I guess a well-defended empty space can be a “box,” I mean it's not like they built a room around that IKEA SCP.)

Objects that are dangerous only when contained would have an esoteric class.

i wish for death