54 posts

New Scratchblocks!

Scratchblocks that should be removed:
turn ccw (15) degrees
In stead, you can do…
turn cw (-15) degrees

heres another vvv

(1) mod (1)
I don't understand this block! How does it work?
Suggested blocks:
<key [shift v] pressed?>
<key [delete v] pressed?>
This could be useful as a turbo mode detector.
when green flag clicked
if <key [shift v] pressed?> then

say [you are in turbo mode right now]

else
say [turbo mode is off]
end
Here's some more effects:
set [blur v] effect to (0)
set [stretch v] effect to (0)
set [pointilize v] effect to (0)
set [glitch v] effect to (0)
set [glow v] effect to (0)
Here's some more blocks now.
set variable [var v] to x (0) y (0)
(note)
(user id)
stop [all v] for [Sprite1 v]
remove costume [costume1 v]
switch [costume v] type to [vector v]
show text [Hello world!]
show text [Hello world!] for (1) secs
hide all text
undo
redo
set font to [Sans Serif v]
set text size to [100%]
change text size by (0)
set text color to [#afe22d]
Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

New Scratchblocks!

Please write a separate topic for each suggestion, and check that there aren't any duplicates before suggesting.

No support for removing

turn ccw (15) degrees

That's like saying the “subtraction” block should be removed because you can just put negative numbers into the “addition” block.

Also, no support for removing

((5) mod (2))

Just because you don't know what it does, doesn't mean it should be removed. In fact, this block is very useful — x mod y returns the remainder of x/y. For example, 5 mod 2 = 1, and 1 mod 1 = 0.

It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
meoecat
Scratcher
61 posts

New Scratchblocks!

set stage color to [#FF0000]::looks

when green flag clicked
pick random (meoecat) - (10)::operators
Luingus221
Scratcher
14 posts

New Scratchblocks!

1. The “show text” and “show text for x seconds” are just the “say” and “think” blocks.
2. Turbo mode doesn't work like that. You activate turbo mode by shift-clicking the flag. You don't need to hold it down.
3. What does the “glitch” effect do?
4. Glow is pretty much just brightness.
5. “Stop all for sprite x” is unnecessary, as you can just put “stop other scripts in this sprite” and “stop this script” together in a sprite.
6. How would “undo” and “redo” blocks work? What would they be redoing and undoing?
ResExsention
New to Scratch
1000+ posts

New Scratchblocks!

Luingus221 wrote:

1. The “show text” and “show text for x seconds” are just the “say” and “think” blocks.
2. Turbo mode doesn't work like that. You activate turbo mode by shift-clicking the flag. You don't need to hold it down.
3. What does the “glitch” effect do?
4. Glow is pretty much just brightness.
5. “Stop all for sprite x” is unnecessary, as you can just put “stop other scripts in this sprite” and “stop this script” together in a sprite.
6. How would “undo” and “redo” blocks work? What would they be redoing and undoing?

I think the OP is suggesting that glitch instance some sort of computer effect that makes it look like it's glitching. No support for that.

Hi, I'm ResExsention, a New Scratcher who refuses to press that button! I hope we get to know each other and become friends!

If you see "[DATA EXPUNGED]", you'll know it was deleted by me. It's a lot easier.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

New Scratchblocks!

Please use a separate topic for each new block idea so that the conversation doesn't get confused and each idea can be given the attention it deserves.

Before making new topics, please check the list of rejected topics and the list of previously suggested topics. Add to an existing topic, if there is one. Thanks!

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;