Discuss Scratch

etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Welcome to LaserDice!

Overview

~~~~~~~What is LaserDice!?~~~~~~~
LaserDice! is a group that will work together to create games and projects. We are always looking to recruit people! We're very friendly, so feel free to send us an application. We will create games together, with @etherian_bow and @contagious-nerdery being the directors/managers. We hope that this will help you if you feel like you have trouble with certain things in a project or would like to work with others to create something. We will be serious about this, though, and you will most likely have deadlines for you assignments.


~~~~~~~How do I join?~~~~~~~~~
Simple! Just fill out an application(or if you were invited, just reply telling us), found below, and we'll review it to see if you're hired. As long as you have some experience in one category or another and seem like you'd be nice to work with, we'll probably accept you. Don't be shy! We're always hiring.


~~~~~~~What are we working on now?~~~~~~~~
LaserDice! is currently working on a platformer style game titled “Not Your Average Platformer”. It is a story based platformer with a theme of peace. We won't say anything beyond that No spoilers! We will also be accepting ideas from members!


~~~~~~Not sure what role to choose?~~~~~~~
We have several roles listed for you to join, but if you think you could work on multiple sections or aren't sure what role you fall under, just ask us! We don't bite, so feel free to talk it out with us. If you don't think you're fit for any of the roles and just want to join in for a chance at having fun or to get some credit, we can always use help advertising our games! You may also be allowed to take multiple roles, especially when we first start recruiting.


~~~~~~~Any other questions?~~~~~~~
Just ask! We'll try to be as helpful as we can.



Applications

Jobs Available - You may apply for multiple jobs

Managers/Directors - They are the ones who run the group. They will act as the jack of all trades, helping out wherever help is needed. They will make the big decisions of the group, and hand out assignments to the members. They may also take on any unfilled roles. If you ever have questions, these are the people that you ask. Other than that, I'm pretty sure you know what a Manager's Job is.
@etherian_bow
@contagious-nerdery

Planning/Writing
Team Head - The team head of planning/writing will be in charge of the planning/writing team. They make decisions for the team and help hand out assignments. They will help Managers/Directors with decisions. They may also take unfilled roles within their team. They will also be given assignments for the planning/writing portion. This is a big role: we want experienced people for this.
OPEN

Ideas - For most of our projects, this role will be filled by the managers or it will be discussed by the whole team. If an opening is available, we'll let you know.
@MajesticMeowMeow

Plot - These are the ones that take all the brilliant ideas from the team, and write the plot with them. These will mostly be used for story-based games, or if we're doing anything other than games. This may also include setting. (This is another role that may be taken by the managers for certain projects. If an opening is available it will be posted below)

Characters - These are the ones who will take more brilliant ideas from the team, and design characters. They will collaborate with the art team, offering a written description or idea along with a quick sketch if needed.
OPEN

Game Design - These are the people who will design the game concept from ideas and designs from the team. This includes level design, in level based games, or other things such as how battles work, how the characters move around, etc. Managers/directors will be helping with this.
OPEN

Art
Team Head - Same as other team heads
OPEN

Characters - These are the people who will take the beautiful written designs from the planning/writing team, and turn them into beautifully drawn designs for the characters. (I'm just saying beautiful for the effect of it and repetition. This isn't about how high the standards are). They will also create the bases for characters used in the games.
OPEN

Settings - These people will draw the settings for the game. Pretty simple.
OPEN

Other - These people will do art that doesn't fall into the categories above. This might include thumbnails or the like.
OPEN

Coding
Team Head- same as other team heads
OPEN

Coding Team - they will use the designs made by the team to actually code the game and project. Very important!
@PinkTabbyHunterLargo
OPEN

Animating
Team Head - Same as team heads above
OPEN

Animators - Animators will animate whatever might be needed in the game. This might include somebody walking, things in the background, etc.
OPEN

Audio
Team Head- same as team heads above
OPEN

Music/Sound effects - These people will find or create the music and sound effects used in the games.
OPEN
@little_old_lady

Voice Actors - These are only used in some projects, not most, in case we have characters that talk. If your a voice actor, you know the routine.
OPEN

Advertising
Team Head- same as team heads above
OPEN

Advertising Team - They will help the team head to advertise LaserDice! and it's projects.
OPEN

~~~~~~~~~~~
As you can see, there are a ton of roles to choose from! Please, don't be shy! We need some recruits.

Application Form
Username(s):
Activity Level:
Previous Experience(include some links):
Why should we hire you?:
Role(s) wanted:
Anything else:

Last edited by etherian_bow (April 24, 2019 21:33:44)


etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Members
(this is a condensed version of above)

Managers
@etherian_bow
@contagious-nerdery

Planning/Writing
Team Head
OPEN

Ideas
@MajesticMeowMeow
OPEN

Plot
OPEN

Characters
OPEN

Game Design
OPEN

Art
Team Head
OPEN

Characters
OPEN

Setting
OPEN

Other
OPEN

Coding
Team Head
OPEN

Coding Team
@PinkTabbyHunterLargo
OPEN

Animating
Team Head
OPEN

Animators
OPEN

Audio
Team Head
OPEN

Music/Sound Effects
@little_old_lady
OPEN

Voice Actors
OPEN

Advertising
Team Head
OPEN

Advertising Team
OPEN

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Feel free to apply!

Last edited by etherian_bow (April 24, 2019 21:33:57)


etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Some Rules For Members

1. You need to be active and actually work on the assignments you are given. Yes, of course there will be activity checks! We will be checking in with you probably daily, sending reminders, and you should check the discussion often. You should be following the discussion! We will also make a project and/or studio, so check in with that.

2. Be nice! This is meant to be a collaboration, not telling other people what to do. Talk it out, compromise, and make sure that everyone's ideas are heard.

3. Try your best! We want to make quality games and projects, so if you're going to slack off on everything, this might not be for you.

4. I can't currently think of anything else. Will be updated. Thank you.

Notes

1. Not all roles need to be filled all the time and you're welcome to join in for little bits of projects. For instance if you want to help out with one game but don't have time to do more, you can participate in only the one game.

2. These jobs don't fill up everything! We'll probably be taking lots of requests and such from scratchers for certain things. However, this does NOT mean that you can take art/code/etc from other scratchers! If you take someone's stuff without permission from us or the scratcher, you will be asked to leave the team.

3. This is something we're taking seriously, so please, please, work hard, don't settle for anything less than quality, and get things done on time. LaserDice! is a good experience for collaborators to get used to working with people on a deadline, which will probably be applied in future ( or current ) jobs.

4. We are always welcoming beta testers! If you'd like to help debug our projects, applications are the same.

Last edited by etherian_bow (April 20, 2019 16:48:00)


etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Reserved

etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Reserved

etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Reserved

little_old_lady
New to Scratch
1 post

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Username(s): little_old_lady
Role(s) wanted: Music/Sound Effects
contagious-nerdery
Scratcher
3 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

little_old_lady wrote:

Username(s): little_old_lady
Role(s) wanted: Music/Sound Effects
Of course m'lady
etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

bump

TabbyLargosCollab
Scratcher
3 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Username(s): PinkTabbyHunterLargo, TabbyLargosCollab
Activity Level: (weekends) 6-9 (weekdays) 1-7
Previous Experience(include some links): Slimemon: Chapter 1, Slimemon: Chapter 2, Slimemon: Chapter 2 Special (made by TabbyLargosCollab, a collab between JxsnTheTangleTabby and PinkTabbyHunterLargo)
Why should we hire you?: I can help with the Coding Team, although I am really bad at Platformers and Raycasters.
Role(s) wanted: Coding Team
Anything else: I may not be very active in the week.
say [Hi there people. Can I join?] for (2) secs:: looks
check if anyone else is going to steal a spot anywhere:: sensing
Do the Buttwiggle!:: #ffaaaa
Pounce on unsuspecting [Hen Hen v]:: pen cap

Last edited by TabbyLargosCollab (April 21, 2019 12:54:00)

PinkTabbyHunterLargo
Scratcher
31 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Oh, accidentally did this with TabbyLargosCollab.
Also, I can make some decent vector backgrounds.

Last edited by PinkTabbyHunterLargo (April 21, 2019 13:03:21)


I'm a Pink Tabby Hunter Largo!
AKA a limus animalia rosea feles bellus callidus.
I sometimes work on TabbyLargosCollab, and sometimes JxsnTheTangleTabby does.
About me as a Scratchertotally nothing here…hoi there
highlight here for something! –> hi there! so you highlighted it. good for you! want some music? here's ome music! need a random username? yeah lots of stuff here hidden

is there stuff hidden here? you'll never know until you look!
contagious-nerdery
Scratcher
3 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

TabbyLargosCollab wrote:

Username(s): PinkTabbyHunterLargo, TabbyLargosCollab
Activity Level: (weekends) 6-9 (weekdays) 1-7
Previous Experience(include some links): Slimemon: Chapter 1, Slimemon: Chapter 2, Slimemon: Chapter 2 Special (made by TabbyLargosCollab, a collab between JxsnTheTangleTabby and PinkTabbyHunterLargo)
Why should we hire you?: I can help with the Coding Team, although I am really bad at Platformers and Raycasters.
Role(s) wanted: Coding Team
Anything else: I may not be very active in the week.
say [Hi there people. Can I join?] for (2) secs:: looks
check if anyone else is going to steal a spot anywhere:: sensing
Do the Buttwiggle!:: #ffaaaa
Pounce on unsuspecting [Hen Hen v]:: pen cap
We'll take you! Your projects show potential and we'll be happy to work with you . Since our first game will be a platformer, and you said you're bad at that, maybe we can work to help you get better.
MajesticMeowMeow
Scratcher
11 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

(I had an invitation from @etherian-bow) Maybe I could join the ideas team? I'm not so great at coding and my art is no where near good quality, but unfortunately I always have things I want to do.
when [ Meow v] key pressed
forever
play sound [REEEEEE v] until done
end
etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

MajesticMeowMeow wrote:

(I had an invitation from @etherian-bow) Maybe I could join the ideas team? I'm not so great at coding and my art is no where near good quality, but unfortunately I always have things I want to do.
when [ Meow v] key pressed
forever
play sound [REEEEEE v] until done
end
Sounds good

MajesticMeowMeow
Scratcher
11 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

etherian_bow wrote:

MajesticMeowMeow wrote:

(I had an invitation from @etherian-bow) Maybe I could join the ideas team? I'm not so great at coding and my art is no where near good quality, but unfortunately I always have things I want to do.
when [ Meow v] key pressed
forever
play sound [REEEEEE v] until done
end
Sounds good

Thank you!
PinkTabbyHunterLargo
Scratcher
31 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

contagious-nerdery wrote:

TabbyLargosCollab wrote:

Username(s): PinkTabbyHunterLargo, TabbyLargosCollab
Activity Level: (weekends) 6-9 (weekdays) 1-7
Previous Experience(include some links): Slimemon: Chapter 1, Slimemon: Chapter 2, Slimemon: Chapter 2 Special (made by TabbyLargosCollab, a collab between JxsnTheTangleTabby and PinkTabbyHunterLargo)
Why should we hire you?: I can help with the Coding Team, although I am really bad at Platformers and Raycasters.
Role(s) wanted: Coding Team
Anything else: I may not be very active in the week.
say [Hi there people. Can I join?] for (2) secs:: looks
check if anyone else is going to steal a spot anywhere:: sensing
Do the Buttwiggle!:: #ffaaaa
Pounce on unsuspecting [Hen Hen v]:: pen cap
We'll take you! Your projects show potential and we'll be happy to work with you . Since our first game will be a platformer, and you said you're bad at that, maybe we can work to help you get better.
Oof. Well then, if there's another part, like a shop or options then maybe I could help on that.

Last edited by PinkTabbyHunterLargo (April 22, 2019 11:51:02)


I'm a Pink Tabby Hunter Largo!
AKA a limus animalia rosea feles bellus callidus.
I sometimes work on TabbyLargosCollab, and sometimes JxsnTheTangleTabby does.
About me as a Scratchertotally nothing here…hoi there
highlight here for something! –> hi there! so you highlighted it. good for you! want some music? here's ome music! need a random username? yeah lots of stuff here hidden

is there stuff hidden here? you'll never know until you look!
contagious-nerdery
Scratcher
3 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

PinkTabbyHunterLargo wrote:

contagious-nerdery wrote:

TabbyLargosCollab wrote:

Username(s): PinkTabbyHunterLargo, TabbyLargosCollab
Activity Level: (weekends) 6-9 (weekdays) 1-7
Previous Experience(include some links): Slimemon: Chapter 1, Slimemon: Chapter 2, Slimemon: Chapter 2 Special (made by TabbyLargosCollab, a collab between JxsnTheTangleTabby and PinkTabbyHunterLargo)
Why should we hire you?: I can help with the Coding Team, although I am really bad at Platformers and Raycasters.
Role(s) wanted: Coding Team
Anything else: I may not be very active in the week.
say [Hi there people. Can I join?] for (2) secs:: looks
check if anyone else is going to steal a spot anywhere:: sensing
Do the Buttwiggle!:: #ffaaaa
Pounce on unsuspecting [Hen Hen v]:: pen cap
We'll take you! Your projects show potential and we'll be happy to work with you . Since our first game will be a platformer, and you said you're bad at that, maybe we can work to help you get better.
Oof. Well then, if there's another part, like a shop or options then maybe I could help on that.
We'll see what there is for you!
god286
Scratcher
100+ posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

Username(s): god286
Activity Level: 7/10???
Previous Experience(include some links): Song Player V2.0 Statuspage (idea from INFIN1TY) Gobo - A Platformer Scratch Cat - A Platformer
Why should we hire you?: Because I am really good at coding and I have been on the site for 2 years, after losing access to my old account. I have used many different coding programs.
Role(s) wanted: Coding team.
Anything else: April fools day is funny. I guess LOL



etherian_bow
Scratcher
32 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

god286 wrote:

Username(s): god286
Activity Level: 7/10???
Previous Experience(include some links): Song Player V2.0 Statuspage (idea from INFIN1TY) Gobo - A Platformer Scratch Cat - A Platformer
Why should we hire you?: Because I am really good at coding and I have been on the site for 2 years, after losing access to my old account. I have used many different coding programs.
Role(s) wanted: Coding team.
Anything else: April fools day is funny. I guess LOL
I'm not sure if we should hire you, for a few reasons. 1. your projects could use some work 2. When you're trying to get hired, you shouldn't blatantly say “I am really good at this”, it's incredibly annoying and makes you seem stuck up, especially when you're not the best at it. It doesn't make me want to work with you, not because of skill but because of personality.

Killaship
Scratcher
25 posts

- LaserDice! - Gaming Team (NOW HIRING)

nevermind

Last edited by Killaship (May 3, 2019 12:24:05)


GENERATION 365: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.

why

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile