Discuss Scratch

Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

platformer artists wanted

this post last updated: 4/20/2019
Here is the base project
This is an action platformer.

The player is the youngest monster in a clan of monsters, sent to gather spell parts for a special spell to be cast at an upcoming festival. To get them you must seek out and defeat a series of tougher monsters and heroes culminating in a boss fight against the scariest monster of all.

The player begins the game at the site of the upcoming Awakening Festival. This is the event at which new monsters are created via a powerful spell cast by the monster wizard Sour. The player was created at the last festival. Sour needs ingredients for the spell and is sending the player to get them from older, scary monsters that don;t want to give them up. The player is scared of the older monsters and doesn't want to go.
Sour summons Tense the ghost to help you on your quest. The two of you journey into the Monster Castle to complete the quest. There are a series of increasingly tougher monsters the player must defeat as well as a few scattered heroes. The player must complete quests to gain new abilities enabling passage into more difficult game areas.
The toughest monsters reside in the castle's dungeon. The player must enter as fully equipped as possible as there is no going back. The final dungeon boss is super difficult and will defeat the player. But some previously defeated enemies revive the player, powering up the player and sending them to battle the dungeon boss again. After defeating the dungeon boss the player receives the final ingredient for Sour's spell.
The player returns and is hailed as the hero of the festival. But when Sour's spell is cast it turns out the dungeon boss monster rigged the ingredient causing the spell to spawn a monstrous demon instead of a baby monster. The player must defeat the spawned demon to save the monster clan. Afterwards, the festival begins again only this time the player helps Sour cast the spell successfully.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
needed art..

main monsters..
player monster - gonna be a cute lil green monster - Locomule
Sour the wizard -

boss monsters (from weakest to strongest)
Bilious (ill-natured) 1st dungeon boss -
Gloomy 2nd dungeon boss -
Bleak (grim and hopeless) 3rd dungeon boss -
Sanguine (bloodthirsty) final dungeon boss -
Withering (devastating) unexpected true final boss (I may do something different here like a full screen size enemy, enemy so big only head is poking up, etc) -

locations.. (might be best to do sketches of these first since this is a platformer)
festival area -
more areas to be determined (some inside the castle, some in the castle's dungeon, some will be boss fight areas)
backgrounds - such as the brick background currently being used (need outdoors, castle, and castle dungeon)

Last edited by Locomule (April 20, 2019 19:15:59)

happy happy joy joy
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Added: simple player image, re-spawning pendulum trap with blade-only collisions

happy happy joy joy
CatOverload
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'd be happy to work with you, but know that I'm not professional lol

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid.
- Albert Einstein
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greets and thanks! I wrote a game story last night so today I plan to organize it into a list of art I need, then let people submit anything they want to work on. I'll update this again later today.

happy happy joy joy
Locomule
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Check the top post

happy happy joy joy