Discuss Scratch

Doublecoin
Scratcher
41 posts

"Let's go. Wait, where's the exit?"

So, on Scratch, the border prevented you from going past it since the earliest days. Well, I want to change that. Maybe we should add an option in our project where it says “border/no border”? You will choose whichever option pleases you, and then boom, you can allow sprites to go out of bounds.

Hello.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support!
I hate the borders. Also, would the border being disabled allow variables to go out of bounds?

-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support

The border was implemented in order to make sure that new Scratchers couldn't “lose” sprites off the stage.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

I am currently attending university for a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry.

“If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate”
dave4681
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Accio- wrote:

No support

The border was implemented in order to make sure that new Scratchers couldn't “lose” sprites off the stage.
You think that only New Scratchers would have that problem?
Doublecoin
Scratcher
41 posts

-Accio- wrote:

No support

I didn't say that we should just remove it. I said that there should be an option. An option that can be changed from border to no border, and back if you want it back.

Hello.
calulord
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm pretty sure there is a duplicate, however I can't find it.

epicRedHot
Scratcher
500+ posts

calulord wrote:

I'm pretty sure there is a duplicate, however I can't find it.
This used to be a fairly common suggestion, but the threads are all so old that it would take ages to find them. If anyone is willing to go looking, feel free to post a link, but until then this should be an okay place to talk about it.

Back on topic, I support this suggestion completely. The only “workarounds” are to hide sprites right before they go “offscreen”, or to create a makeshift border, which in turn reduces the amount of screen space you have to work with in the project.

I occasionally do things.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here's the duplicate, if I've gotten this right.

Please continue the discussion on that thread.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Here's the duplicate, if I've gotten this right.

Please continue the discussion on that thread.
Thanks for the link! It does look like this is a duplicate topic so I'll close it to keep the conversation all in one place.

Please use the existing topic in the link above.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;