Discuss Scratch

Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

⭐⚔⭐ Kιɴɢ'ѕ Deғeɴѕe ⚔ ♦️ GamesKingdom Collαв ⭐⚔⭐ | ↪ Designers needed! ↩

26averyj wrote:

Could we change our alphabet just a little bit to include ? That would make it abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ1234567890 ~!@#$%^&*()-_=+\|;:'",<.>/?éêàçù߀ and 99 characters (00-98) allowing for 99 to be a separator.
OK that's fine.

Last edited by Jimmyrooster (April 2, 2020 14:24:47)

Remember, we live in a bread based economy.
-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
ScratcherOfWorld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jimmyrooster wrote:

I have created the buy card request. The server code is on the GitHub and the client test is here (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/381246958/).

Would someone create scratch code to parse the server's response to the request values into gems, coins, points and cards. (I'm looking at you @26averyj)
Great thank you!

26averyj
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratcherOfWorld wrote:

Jimmyrooster wrote:

I have created the buy card request. The server code is on the GitHub and the client test is here (https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/381246958/).

Would someone create scratch code to parse the server's response to the request values into gems, coins, points and cards. (I'm looking at you @26averyj)
Great thank you!
Yeah I'm working on it.

Declaring yourself to be operating by “Crocker's Rules” means that other people are allowed to optimize their messages for information, not for being nice to you. Crocker's Rules means that you have accepted full responsibility for the operation of your own mind - if you're offended, it's your fault. Anyone is allowed to call you a moron and claim to be doing you a favor. (Which, in point of fact, they would be. One of the big problems with this culture is that everyone's afraid to tell you you're wrong, or they think they have to dance around it.) Two people using Crocker's Rules should be able to communicate all relevant information in the minimum amount of time, without paraphrasing or social formatting. Obviously, don't declare yourself to be operating by Crocker's Rules unless you have that kind of mental discipline.

Note that Crocker's Rules does not mean you can insult people; it means that other people don't have to worry about whether they are insulting you. Crocker's Rules are a discipline, not a privilege. Furthermore, taking advantage of Crocker's Rules does not imply reciprocity. How could it? Crocker's Rules are something you do for yourself, to maximize information received - not something you grit your teeth over and do as a favor.

“Crocker's Rules” are named after Lee Daniel Crocker.

definition from http://sl4.org/crocker.html
-NanoPlex-
Scratcher
31 posts

Plz notify me if u need jobs

From @-NanoPlex-
light_cloud
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-NanoPlex- wrote:

Plz notify me if u need jobs
here these are the weekly goals

My Profile | My Projects | Underrated Scratcher

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration | Forum | Studio | Github

See If Im Online | Been Scratching for 5+ years | “I'm ready. I'm ready.” - Sponge Bob
LightCloudGreatester
Scratcher
87 posts

we have a lot of blank space that were not using, I think we should fill it, it will look nicer.

hey this is a test account for @Light_Cloud
Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LightCloudGreatester wrote:

we have a lot of blank space that were not using, I think we should fill it, it will look nicer.
With what though?
An over complicated user interface tends to intimidate the user.

-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
26averyj
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've made the cloud structure for the matches here. Hopefully the code is logical enough that you guys can understand how it works. I will start working on the interactions with the server.

Declaring yourself to be operating by “Crocker's Rules” means that other people are allowed to optimize their messages for information, not for being nice to you. Crocker's Rules means that you have accepted full responsibility for the operation of your own mind - if you're offended, it's your fault. Anyone is allowed to call you a moron and claim to be doing you a favor. (Which, in point of fact, they would be. One of the big problems with this culture is that everyone's afraid to tell you you're wrong, or they think they have to dance around it.) Two people using Crocker's Rules should be able to communicate all relevant information in the minimum amount of time, without paraphrasing or social formatting. Obviously, don't declare yourself to be operating by Crocker's Rules unless you have that kind of mental discipline.

Note that Crocker's Rules does not mean you can insult people; it means that other people don't have to worry about whether they are insulting you. Crocker's Rules are a discipline, not a privilege. Furthermore, taking advantage of Crocker's Rules does not imply reciprocity. How could it? Crocker's Rules are something you do for yourself, to maximize information received - not something you grit your teeth over and do as a favor.

Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was just inputting the prices of the cards to the server when I noticed that no cards cost any gems…
Should this change?
If not, what will gems be used for?

-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
26averyj
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jimmyrooster wrote:

I was just inputting the prices of the cards to the server when I noticed that no cards cost any gems…
Should this change?
Don't you think we should only have 1 currency? So we can remove coins and have gems be used for everything.

ScratcherOfWorld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jimmyrooster wrote:

Should this change?
Yes, it shoud be great if one or two “secret” cards cost gems
We could also use it to unlock extra emotes, or to get truhen, or to convert them to coins…

Last edited by ScratcherOfWorld (April 3, 2020 07:11:21)

ScratcherOfWorld
Scratcher
500+ posts

26averyj wrote:

I will start working on the interactions with the server.
Okay thanks!

light_cloud
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jimmyrooster wrote:

LightCloudGreatester wrote:

With what though?
An over complicated user interface tends to intimidate the user.
yes I totally agree, I was think of maybe a news page/UpdateLog or some sort of filler that fits into the default page.

See If Im Online | Been Scratching for 5+ years | “I'm ready. I'm ready.” - Sponge Bob
Tezereth
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username: Tezereth
Alternate account(s) (if any): no
Job(s) you want: Designer
Why? : because I like collaborating with other scratcher to make game.
How active are you on Scratch (on a scale of 1/10): 6,5/10
Are you following this topic (yes/no): I think (I'm not sure at 100% of the meaning of topic coz I'm French)
The languages you speak: French, and I know enough English to make a proper discussion
Comments (if any):
One of your projects to see (if possible): Knight and dark 2

telle me if I said all of that in the wrong place,

Literally an unregular forum user

Make games and animations and spend most of my time questioning things about myself
Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

Tezereth wrote:

Username: Tezereth
Alternate account(s) (if any): no
Job(s) you want: Designer
Why? : because I like collaborating with other scratchers to make game.
How active are you on Scratch (on a scale of 1/10): 6.5/10
Are you following this topic (yes/no): I think (I'm not sure at 100% of the meaning of topic because I'm French)
The languages you speak: French, and I know enough English to make a proper discussion
Comments (if any):
One of your projects to see (if possible): Knight and dark 2

tell me if I said all of that in the wrong place,
The follow discussion is the blue button on the right at the top or bottom of this page.

-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster
light_cloud
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey i'm free right now anything I can do?

fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, you guys mentioned something about a win/lose loop. Would that be like a shortish song ? That'd be the easiest thing to approach first I think.
26averyj
Scratcher
100+ posts

fivehead wrote:

Hey, you guys mentioned something about a win/lose loop. Would that be like a shortish song ? That'd be the easiest thing to approach first I think.
I think it's up to you. If that's the easiest thing, then sure, do that.

ScratcherOfWorld
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey!

What's up?

Jimmyrooster
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratcherOfWorld wrote:

Hey!

What's up?
*Looks up*
The sky.

-Them

That's exciting!
-Jimmyrooster