Discuss Scratch

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is All this Kaj Stuff Disrespectful Mockery to Him/Her?

Paddle2See wrote:

You are right to be concerned about the ethics of focusing a lot of public attention on a single Scratcher. Respect for the individual is important. But Kaj is more than just a single Scratcher - more than an individual. He/she is a mythological figure now, like the boogie-man or the tooth fairy. Something about his/her angry calls to “destroy Scratch” (or something along those lines) resonated with other drama seekers and it became quite fashionable, for a time, to make a “Kaj” account and threaten to destroy Scratch and/or “hack” people - just for the lulz.

My creation of the KajTheModerator account on April Fools day was an attempt to poke fun at the people using the “Kaj” mantle to troll other people, many of which used to make an appearance on April Fools day. I thought it would “confuse and amuse” our community to put the “Kaj” mask into a new role - one of helping. It was not my intent to mock the original account holder.in any way or to make some sort of statement about the consequences of not following the Community Guidelines.
Ah, that clears things up! So after all KajTheModerator was actually for a good purpose by making “Kaj” moderate and help out! Thank you Paddle for clearing that up! I will also fix that on the Wiki now with a great reference.