Ok, thanks, I will.

^ banner by @clove-

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ hey, i'm sydney!

// INFJ-T // she/they // hufflepuff // aquarius // aspiring artist & writer //
JetJet_Projects
Scratcher
39 posts

DREAMCHILD — A Scratch RPG

Yay! I have finally finished the engine. I was a hard process but I did the best I can

here it is

Stay Hydrated

when I receive [Life v]
forever
broadcast [LEMONS v]
end
--Snowball--
Scratcher
500+ posts

Category wanted: Writing
Skill in category: 7
Activity Level: 8
Reason for joining: I want to help out with this game, because the concept sounds really cool!
Do you solemnly agree that you will contribute wholeheartedly and respectfully to the DREAMCHILD collaboration? Yeah, sure.
Are you following this thread? Yep.

I've since moved on from Scratch, and now I'm making games in the Godot Engine, music in LMMS, art in Photoshop, and other various things that aren't involving this website anymore. Thanks to Scratch for getting me interested in this stuff!
Codeman12323
Scratcher
100+ posts

--Snowball-- wrote:

Reason for joining: I want to help out with this game, because the concept sounds really cool!
Do you solemnly agree that you will contribute wholeheartedly and respectfully to the DREAMCHILD collaboration? Yeah, sure.
Cool! You're in!

Joshua wrote:

wait he can't write
--Snowball--
Scratcher
500+ posts

Codeman12323 wrote:

--Snowball-- wrote:

Cool! You're in!

Yay! So is there anything I have to do now, or do I start working on this later?

I've since moved on from Scratch, and now I'm making games in the Godot Engine, music in LMMS, art in Photoshop, and other various things that aren't involving this website anymore. Thanks to Scratch for getting me interested in this stuff!
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Do you have any other assignments for me right now?

Welcome to my signature! This short message shows up after everything I post on the forums here.

I compose music. If you want to see some of what I have made, go here

Have you read Animal Farm before and want to make a Scratch movie adaptation of it? Go here
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

I’ve just about finished the next part of the story, sorry about slow progress on it.

Qwertykid44: Currently transitioning.

I'm an INTP “Logician” personality with a passion for D&D. I'm largely retired in terms of attempting massive projects, but if you need something done, I do it or direct you to someone else who can do it.

Working on the DREAMCHILD collab.

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
Cassandra20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Category wanted: Writing/bug fixing/hacking other people's accounts
Skill in category: (1-10) I'm writing a book. (6? 7.5?)
Activity Level: (1-10) Daily, but I'm occasionally gone for three days or even more (8)
Reason for joining: (Optional) I want experience/power/fun
Do you solemnly agree that you will contribute wholeheartedly and respectfully to the DREAMCHILD collaboration? I do so consent, giving my legal and full compliance to this term…
Are you following this thread? (you should) I am

Join the SKYWOLVES: Ignited! cast! Looking for everyone.

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/350831/

Not for you? Join the Aurae at https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/351507/

and do programming, do art, or compose music.
Codeman12323
Scratcher
100+ posts

Partial wrote:

For now, try to extend the first theme and add more instruments

Joshua wrote:

wait he can't write
Codeman12323
Scratcher
100+ posts

qwerty wrote:

I’ve just about finished the next part of the story, sorry about slow progress on it.
Cool! Could you share it here, so the other writers can see it?

Joshua wrote:

wait he can't write
JetJet_Projects
Scratcher
39 posts

Hello! You got anything I have to start? I'm ready.

Stay Hydrated

when I receive [Life v]
forever
broadcast [LEMONS v]
end
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

This story part has several blanks, of which need to be filled.

So far…
Our heroes have crossed the threshold into the land of fantasy.

After a little bit of time oohing and ahhing the new landscape, Annie will notice a path down into the hills below. The rest of the party will follow, awaiting your arrival. If you do, a small cutscene happens in the background as your party wanders down the twisting path below. After this walk into the hills, you'll find yourself inside the _______ Village (I'm calling it the “A” Village for this draft.) It's one wide grass path with a forest to the east (North is the top of the screen.) Have a talk with a few of the villagers (during which Marcus is rather on edge), and learn about a group of red-clothed ruffians who have been giving some trouble to the locals. If you choose to go visit the Town Hall, the Governor will officially give you the Quest to Defeat the Ruffians. He then gives you 50 Gold Portions (GP) and promises a much larger reward if you can come back with proof of their defeat. (Maybe add some way to prove yourselves to him) Go back to the shop, buy some gear (i.e. potions, your first armor, weapons (each character can wield certain types of weapons, like the PC can wield most short swords, daggers, enchanted sticks, and most small melees in general)) and go to the local Inn for advice on where the Ruffians are. The Innkeeper (who's actually a member of the Ruffians) seems happy to oblige, and tells you of one of her guests was complaining about being attacked on the way to the attached Tavern. (You won't be able to enter the Tavern. You're children.) She says you can find him in the Shop. Talk to him, and he says you should be able to find the Ruffian hideout in the forest. Marcus seems rather enthused at the idea of taking down a gang. As soon as you exit, however, three Ruffians will corner you and force you into a combat situation. You have no choice but to ___ them (insert euphemism for “defeated”) in combat. They drop some coin as they run, and also provide a map to the hideout. Eva suggests that the party go to the hideout, but the next screen you attempt to go to, puts you in a glitch that sends you to the hideout. Enter it, and you'll get into a MASSIVE SCRAP (i.e. 12 Ruffians.) Beat them, and you'll take on the Innkeeper. She runs away halfway through, and if you try and find her at the Inn, the door to the Tavern will be open, and she won't be there. Enter, and another series of SCRAPs play out with Ruffians, until you can work your way to the bar, where the Innkeeper (now wearing an Eyepatch) reveals herself as the leader of the Ruffians. She pulls out two bottles, breaks them, and leaps up to beat your party up… when suddenly half the town arrives and corners the Innkeeper. The Governor will congratulate you as the mob arrests the Innkeeper, and you'll get your 200GP reward, in addition to a recommendation to the nearby cleric. Visit him, and the whole Child of the Prophecy thing happens that I described earlier. If you leave the Town, you'll discover the long winding path leading into the distance, and also that it's midnight. Hurry along to the next village, where you'll learn about the oppressive king and his secret bid for power via the Force Jewels.

WOOSH
First Town – done!

Things to be made
Name for the Town
Side quests in the Town
What the Shop sells
Dialogue
Design for the Ruffians (aside from them wearing red)

Also note: all aspects of the story are still subject to change. I think also that we should have a dedicated dialogue writer (NOT ME) who can fill in the blanks, in addition to someone who can do all the stats for the characters.

I also highly recommend that anyone who wants to follow the story should read this whole thread and look for my posts. You'll pick up the story fairly quickly.

I'm an INTP “Logician” personality with a passion for D&D. I'm largely retired in terms of attempting massive projects, but if you need something done, I do it or direct you to someone else who can do it.

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
qwertykid44
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wow that was long!

Ace/Aroflux
She/Her
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Codeman12323 wrote:

Partial wrote:

The very first theme or the revision of it?

Welcome to my signature! This short message shows up after everything I post on the forums here.

Have you read Animal Farm before and want to make a Scratch movie adaptation of it? Go here
teecee3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

qwertykid44 wrote:

-snip-
Ok, sounds awesome!

^ banner by @clove-

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ hey, i'm sydney!

// INFJ-T // she/they // hufflepuff // aquarius // aspiring artist & writer //
Codeman12323
Scratcher
100+ posts

Partial2Partials wrote:

Codeman12323 wrote:

Partial wrote:

Your choice.

Joshua wrote:

wait he can't write
Codeman12323
Scratcher
100+ posts

--Snowball-- wrote:

Yay! So is there anything I have to do now, or do I start working on this later?
Work with qwerty and improve the plot they've currently got

Joshua wrote:

wait he can't write
--Snowball--
Scratcher
500+ posts

Codeman12323 wrote:

--Snowball-- wrote:

Work with qwerty and improve the plot they've currently got

Okay!

--Snowball--
Scratcher
500+ posts

qwertykid44 wrote:

Things to be made
Name for the Town
Side quests in the Town
What the Shop sells
Dialogue
Design for the Ruffians (aside from them wearing red)

I could help with all that!

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
500+ posts

Codeman12323 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

Codeman12323 wrote:

Partial wrote:

Your choice.
Got it.