Discuss Scratch

Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Welcome to The Vietnam Hack (TVH)!


What is forex?
Foreign exchange (Forex) is the act of taking advantage of small fluctuations in currency prices. If someone using American dollars (USD) exchanges 5 USD for 10 Belizean dollars (BZD) and the price of BZD goes up 10%, the 10 BZD becomes 11 BZD, which, when transferred back to USD, is 5.50 USD. The trader just made 50 cents. A trader might use over a billion dollars. Forex can generate huge profits.

Plot:
In The Vietnam Hack, the Wall Street-based characters plan to hack into Vietnamese records of the value of the dong (Vietnamese currency) and illegally make them higher to create massive profits from forex. However, this requires many skills such as hacking, economics, money laundering, and more. More importantly: Do they have the skill to not get caught?

Structure:
The Vietnam Hack will function somewhat like a TV show, with the story being split into episodes. They will not be released on a regular basis.

Studio is here.

Characters:
Hackers:
Alex: The mastermind behind the whole operation. Determined but naïve.
Liza: An experienced forex trader. Often the voice of reason.
Mack: A former ethical hacker for the CIA fired for “accidentally” hacking the US nuclear system. Thinks of himself as a tough CIA agent rather than what he is, sitting at a desk from 9:00 to 5:00.
Sammy: Another former ethical hacker for the CIA, fired for spilling some soup on a 200 million dollar supercomputer. Exact opposite of Mack, skinny and quiet.
Bill: A long-time gangster who was just released from 5 years in prison. Provides general criminal know-how.
Phuong: A Vietnamese woman who translates and provides other knowledge about Vietnam. Passive-aggressive.
CIA:
Jack: A CIA agent tasked on stopping the hackers and finding enough evidence to charge them in court. Bossy.
Jill: Jack's fraternal twin, working with him to stop the hackers. Prankster.

Jobs:

Managers:
Leader: @Partial2Partials
Co-leader (Takes over when Leader is away): AFNNetworkK12

Artists/animators:
Character artist (Designs and animates characters): @Sailor-Jupiter-girl
Background artist (Designs the background): @G_A_C
Miscellaneous artist (Does everything else in the art section): @glitterspring1

Sound/voice actors:
Alex: @heine
Liza: @FollowCherryBlossom
Mack: OPEN
Sammy: @Cassandra20
Bill: @Stabbed-Tyrant
Phuong: @Luna_Phoenix
Jack: OPEN
Jill: OPEN
Musician (Finds or creates songs): @heine
Sound effects (Finds or creates sound effects: @WhiirlWorld

Unassigned voice actors (Voice actors who do not know what character they want to play yet):



Application form (Applicants must be following the topic):
Job wanted:
Skill in job (1-10):
Activity (1-10):
Other things we should note:

Last edited by Partial2Partials (Today 01:48:05)

heine
Scratcher
86 posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

This looks interesting…
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

heine
Scratcher
86 posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Job wanted: Voice actor/musician
Skill in job (1-10): 5/8
Activity (1-10): 5?
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

heine wrote:

Job wanted: Voice actor/musician
Skill in job (1-10): 5/8
Activity (1-10): 5?
Accepted! I think the first piece should be a title sequence-y thing. It should be slightly dark, though I'll leave most of the exact feeling up to you.
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

My Suggestions:
Jobs
I think there should be more job in managers, (ex. Manager of voice acting, Manager of art / animation,)
Also there should be more job that would require leadership, (ex. Second Co-Leader, Supervisor, Co-Supervisor, Secretary of Supervision, Secretary of Voice Acting, Main Secretary, Admin of Supervision, Admin of Project, Admin of Substitutes) Also you should add a new section called subs (short for substitutes) you can use these people for guest characters, minor characters, or new characters. also add coders for special effects, backdrops, and other stuff that will need programming.
My idea of episodes
You should put these into projects, put some effects, animation, coding, and make them look good, and also give a description by making a studio that will fill these episodes, and you would put the episodes in there, each first episode of a season, you will create a studio for that season. smart, right?
I'm still working on these requests!

Last edited by AFNNetworkK12 (April 1, 2019 18:10:19)


Find out the riddle:
I like pie, what type of pie, I can't eat it!
Regards,
AFNNetworkK12
Manager of the AfterNetwork Shop
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

My Suggestions:
Jobs
I think there should be more job in managers, (ex. Manager of voice acting, Manager of art / animation,)
Also there should be more job that would require leadership, (ex. Second Co-Leader, Supervisor, Co-Supervisor, Secretary of Supervision, Secretary of Voice Acting, Main Secretary, Admin of Supervision, Admin of Project, Admin of Substitutes) Also you should add a new section called subs (short for substitutes) you can use these people for guest characters, minor characters, or new characters. also add coders for special effects, backdrops, and other stuff that will need programming.
My idea of episodes
You should put these into projects, put some effects, animation, coding, and make them look good, and also give a description by making a studio that will fill these episodes, and you would put the episodes in there, each first episode of a season, you will create a studio for that season. smart, right?
I'm still working on these requests!
I'm not sure what advantages having leaders of every branch would do. Unless we become very big, the projects created will be easily sorted and created. I will keep that in mind, though. I think the “subs” section will be added after I write the script, which will be decided once we get enough members. I want to do everything democratically with lots and lots of voting.
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.

Find out the riddle:
I like pie, what type of pie, I can't eat it!
Regards,
AFNNetworkK12
Manager of the AfterNetwork Shop
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.
This might be a little hard, as the co-leader needs to be active when I'm not. I might be inactive during weekends and you're always inactive during weekends, so I might have to deny you the role. If you want another job, I can get you that, though.
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.
This might be a little hard, as the co-leader needs to be active when I'm not. I might be inactive during weekends and you're always inactive during weekends, so I might have to deny you the role. If you want another job, I can get you that, though.
I can be active on weekends, though it may not fit my schedule.

Find out the riddle:
I like pie, what type of pie, I can't eat it!
Regards,
AFNNetworkK12
Manager of the AfterNetwork Shop
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.
This might be a little hard, as the co-leader needs to be active when I'm not. I might be inactive during weekends and you're always inactive during weekends, so I might have to deny you the role. If you want another job, I can get you that, though.
I can be active on weekends, though it may not fit my schedule.
About how active will you be on weekends? Can you check at least once a day?
AFNNetworkK12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.
This might be a little hard, as the co-leader needs to be active when I'm not. I might be inactive during weekends and you're always inactive during weekends, so I might have to deny you the role. If you want another job, I can get you that, though.
I can be active on weekends, though it may not fit my schedule.
About how active will you be on weekends? Can you check at least once a day?
like a 5 on a scale to ten and yes.

Last edited by AFNNetworkK12 (April 2, 2019 19:20:49)


Find out the riddle:
I like pie, what type of pie, I can't eat it!
Regards,
AFNNetworkK12
Manager of the AfterNetwork Shop
Partial2Partials
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Vietnam Hack - A Scratch series (Looking for artists, animators, and voice actors)

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Partial2Partials wrote:

AFNNetworkK12 wrote:

Job wanted: Co-Leader
Skill in job (1-10): 6
Activity (1-10): 8
Other things we should note: Inactive on weekends.
This might be a little hard, as the co-leader needs to be active when I'm not. I might be inactive during weekends and you're always inactive during weekends, so I might have to deny you the role. If you want another job, I can get you that, though.
I can be active on weekends, though it may not fit my schedule.
About how active will you be on weekends? Can you check at least once a day?
like a 5 on a scale to ten and yes.
Alright, that's much better. Accepted!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile