Discuss Scratch

92ebuddy20
Scratcher
70 posts

Privacy Policy

It legit says in the Scratch Privacy Policy that the Scratch Team has the right to look at your unshared projects! Someone suggested that I make a forum about this, and I thought this would be the best place to do so. There is a studio for this: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/6041058

Last edited by 92ebuddy20 (March 9, 2019 20:01:57)

When green flag clicked
forever
Scratch on!
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

92ebuddy20 wrote:

It legit says in the Scratch Privacy Policy that the Scratch Team has the right to look at your unshared projects! Someone suggested that I make a forum about this, and I thought this would be the best place to do so. There is a studio for this: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/6041058
What is your suggestion?

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

I am currently attending university for a Bachelor's of Science in Chemistry.

“If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate”
bts_love37
Scratcher
12 posts

Privacy Policy

My arguments against this are basically, we don't share projects for a reason either, 1), The project isn't done, or 2) you don't want ANYONE TO SEE IT! I honestly don't understand. (I've already said this in the studio.)
92ebuddy20
Scratcher
70 posts

Privacy Policy

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

What is your suggestion?
For them to change the privacy policy, so we don't have to worry about this anymore.

When green flag clicked
forever
Scratch on!
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

92ebuddy20 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

What is your suggestion?
For them to change the privacy policy, so we don't have to worry about this anymore.
Why are you worried about it? The Scratch Team is a team of trusted adults. It's not like they're going to leak your game to the world. If you don't want something to be seen by the Scratch Team, simply don't put it in a project.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

bts_love37
Scratcher
12 posts

Privacy Policy

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

What is your suggestion?
Why are you worried about it? The Scratch Team is a team of trusted adults. It's not like they're going to leak your game to the world. If you don't want something to be seen by the Scratch Team, simply don't put it in a project.
Touche. Although one of my reasons is that I don't want anyone to see some of my art, which is why I put it in UNSHARED projects. (because I want to make it better) It kinda defeats my point, but eh.

Last edited by bts_love37 (March 9, 2019 20:48:30)

StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

This is what they are talking about…

Scratch Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy wrote:

User-generated Content
We collect any information that you provide to us when you create Scratch projects (including unshared projects), write comments, or post on our forums.

Honestly I see nothing wrong with this, it's most likely so you can't hide things from them that aren't allowed on the site, and so they can help people with recovery of things or what not.

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (March 9, 2019 20:52:26)

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

bts_love37 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

What is your suggestion?
Touche. Although one of my reasons is that I don't want anyone to see some of my art, which is why I put it in UNSHARED projects. (because I want to make it better) It kinda defeats my point, but eh.
Again, the Scratch Team is a Team of trusted adults and it's not like they will share your art with the world. They need to view unshared projects to make sure that nothing inappropriate or unsafe is going on. They also probably won't view the project unless they have a good reason to.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

bts_love37
Scratcher
12 posts

Privacy Policy

-Accio- wrote:

bts_love37 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

-Accio- wrote:

92ebuddy20 wrote:

What is your suggestion?
Again, the Scratch Team is a Team of trusted adults and it's not like they will share your art with the world. They need to view unshared projects to make sure that nothing inappropriate or unsafe is going on. They also probably won't view the project unless they have a good reason to.
Again, touche. Based on yours and others opinions, I'm now neutral about this.
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

The Scratch Team is made up of good, trusted adults. They aren't going to leak what you are making or anything… And I seriously doubt that they just go around looking into people unshared projects.
Allowing then to have this ability is actually quite important. Let's say someone makes an offensive project. The viewer then reports the user with the offensive project, but, the user then unshares the project before the Team has a chance to see it. Because the Scratch Team can see unshared projects, they will able to see this offensive project and act accordingly.
Or let's say you are making a project and you are a bit worried about something in it that may not be appropriate for Scratch. You then can go to a Team member, and they will be able to view it without you having to share it.

All in all, no support. This is a feature that is important for the moderation of Scratch, and really won't cause anyone any trouble.

Last edited by LegoManiac04 (March 9, 2019 21:20:26)

bts_love37
Scratcher
12 posts

Privacy Policy

LegoManiac04 wrote:

The Scratch Team is made up of good, trusted adults. They aren't going to leak what you are making or anything… And I seriously doubt that they just go around looking into people unshared projects.
Allowing then to have this ability is actually quite important. Let's say someone makes an offensive project. The viewer then reports the user with the offensive project, but, the user then unshares the project before the Team has a chance to see it. Because the Scratch Team can see unshared projects, they will able to see this offensive project and act accordingly.
Or let's say you are making a project and you are a bit worried about something in it that may not be appropriate for Scratch. You then can go to a Team member, and they will be able to view it without you having to share it.

All in all, no support. This is a feature that is important for the moderation of Scratch, and really won't cause anyone any trouble.
Touche for about the third time.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

Once again, no support.

There are very illegal things that can be done using Scratch, even if the project is unshared — things that I probably shouldn't mention on this website. It might be a good idea for the Scratch Team to view some unshared projects if they have suspicions about someone, and report it accordingly.

If you're really worried, I suggest downloading the offline editor and working on projects from there. I don't think the Scratch Team would be able to view projects shared on your computer.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
sillycrab
Scratcher
12 posts

Privacy Policy

Idc about this because i have nothing in my projects that should not be seen by the scratch team so im fine
92ebuddy20
Scratcher
70 posts

Privacy Policy

sillycrab wrote:

Idc about this because i have nothing in my projects that should not be seen by the scratch team so im fine
Same here, but isn't it creepy?

When green flag clicked
forever
Scratch on!
LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

92ebuddy20 wrote:

sillycrab wrote:

Same here, but isn't it creepy?
I mean, I guess it's kinda creepy, but I personally feel the the importance overcomes the creepiness.

MittensDaAwesomeCat
Scratcher
4 posts

Privacy Policy

IDC if I get banned! Scratch shouldn't do this to us! We have a right to scratch! if u agree, #LetAllScratchersBeFree!
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

MittensDaAwesomeCat wrote:

IDC if I get banned! Scratch shouldn't do this to us! We have a right to scratch! if u agree, #LetAllScratchersBeFree!
Why would you get banned? Also Scratch has all rights to viewing unshared projects, because you agreed to it from the beginning when you made your account… so yeah…

Also

LegoManiac04 wrote:

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
MittensDaAwesomeCat
Scratcher
4 posts

Privacy Policy

LegoManiac04 wrote:

“The Scratch Team is made up of good, trusted adults.”

Last edited by MittensDaAwesomeCat (March 9, 2019 23:08:40)

MittensDaAwesomeCat
Scratcher
4 posts

Privacy Policy

Really!? r u sure about that!? there's been some crazy things popping up online! like psycho crazy!! Im SERIOUS! what if some of the “Trusted adults” are hackers and are part of it!? WHO KNOWS!!!???
-Accio-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Privacy Policy

MittensDaAwesomeCat wrote:

Really!? r u sure about that!? there's been some crazy things popping up online! like psycho crazy!! Im SERIOUS! what if some of the “Trusted adults” are hackers and are part of it!? WHO KNOWS!!!???
If you feel that unsafe using Scratch, just don't use it.

Hi There! I'm -Accio-