Discuss Scratch

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

Core Crew: Helping at the core

cCheese wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

cCheese wrote:

Hello! I am interested in joining the Core Crew, here is my application to the team.

» How often are you on scratch (be honest: we will confirm this): On a weekly basis, Mon-Friday, I am usually active on Scratch about 2 hour on average a day, sometimes more or less however as an average, probably resulting to about 2 or 3. On this more or less basis can be resulted to about 4hours or on the occasion of less, an hour or so. On weekends however, the time can extend very much to over 5 hours each on both Saturday and Sunday. On Holidays, unless I am away and do not have any access to internet, 5 hours or a time like that can be on a daily basis.
» How many other collaborations are you/or have you been in? I have actually not been part of any other collaborations yet, as this is my first account here on the Scratch Website and have only been around for a few days.
» What division (Read on to find out) are you interested in? I would be interested in either Division 1 or Division 4.
» Your most pride-worthy project in that division field: I actually have 2 projects I'm personally proud of, the first being “Cheese Mania” (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19895830/) and the second being my Regular Platform Engine. (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20064323/)
» What do you want to improve on scratch? I have quite a few things I'll like to improve on Scratch. First above most of the things is my Graphics. I am very new to making graphics and would greatly want to improve on this, eventually moving onto simple but more sophisticated designs for my projects. I am also interested in improving on my programming/math skills on Scratch. Mainly my math skills however. Because I am not a sophisticated programmer yet, I have not quite grabbed the way of programming and math yet, as it together anyway. I look to improve on this.
» How do you think we should attack this problem? I have a few ideas to attack this problem. Firstly, maybe give he/she a demo lesson as a project. I am also a person who gets extremely bored with tutorials and I would say that you may expect people who share this same dislike. My idea is to when creating a tutorial, make it interactive. A tutorial is kind of telling somebody what to do but when it is interactive, it makes it more enjoyable for the person to actually be able to try it out.

Thanks for reading my application.

-cCheese

Thank you. Unfortunately you have been temporarily placed on the waitlist due to our inability to grade your projects (an error pops up at the link).

Here are the links, they should be working fine now: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19895830/ and http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20064323/. Thanks.

I love your ideas! I think you have great ambitions! You will actually however be put on the waitlist. As I see you are a fairly new scratcher, I would like to see a few more projects from you before I can accept you. You are a great candidate. We will contact you for further notifications.

cCheese
Scratcher
43 posts

Just a few questions if you don't mind. How exactly does the team function, how is the team organized and this is the new team AU if I am correct? Sorry for all the questions and overloading you. x)

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

cCheese wrote:

Just a few questions if you don't mind. How exactly does the team function, how is the team organized and this is the new team AU if I am correct? Sorry for all the questions and overloading you. x)

Team function? That's a little general… could you explain? I tried to explain as best as possible XD in the discussion forum post Also, yes this is the new Team Au.

cCheese
Scratcher
43 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

cCheese wrote:

Team function? That's a little general… could you explain? I tried to explain as best as possible XD in the discussion forum post Also, yes this is the new Team Au.

Maybe as in how the team communicates and exactly how they deal with “clients”?

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

There will be a separate forum post for clients to apply for help. We will then assign you based on what division you are part of to help certain clients with certain problems.

cCheese
Scratcher
43 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

cCheese wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

cCheese wrote:

Hello! I am interested in joining the Core Crew, here is my application to the team.

» How often are you on scratch (be honest: we will confirm this): On a weekly basis, Mon-Friday, I am usually active on Scratch about 2 hour on average a day, sometimes more or less however as an average, probably resulting to about 2 or 3. On this more or less basis can be resulted to about 4hours or on the occasion of less, an hour or so. On weekends however, the time can extend very much to over 5 hours each on both Saturday and Sunday. On Holidays, unless I am away and do not have any access to internet, 5 hours or a time like that can be on a daily basis.
» How many other collaborations are you/or have you been in? I have actually not been part of any other collaborations yet, as this is my first account here on the Scratch Website and have only been around for a few days.
» What division (Read on to find out) are you interested in? I would be interested in either Division 1 or Division 4.
» Your most pride-worthy project in that division field: I actually have 2 projects I'm personally proud of, the first being “Cheese Mania” (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19895830/) and the second being my Regular Platform Engine. (http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20064323/)
» What do you want to improve on scratch? I have quite a few things I'll like to improve on Scratch. First above most of the things is my Graphics. I am very new to making graphics and would greatly want to improve on this, eventually moving onto simple but more sophisticated designs for my projects. I am also interested in improving on my programming/math skills on Scratch. Mainly my math skills however. Because I am not a sophisticated programmer yet, I have not quite grabbed the way of programming and math yet, as it together anyway. I look to improve on this.
» How do you think we should attack this problem? I have a few ideas to attack this problem. Firstly, maybe give he/she a demo lesson as a project. I am also a person who gets extremely bored with tutorials and I would say that you may expect people who share this same dislike. My idea is to when creating a tutorial, make it interactive. A tutorial is kind of telling somebody what to do but when it is interactive, it makes it more enjoyable for the person to actually be able to try it out.

Thanks for reading my application.

-cCheese

Thank you. Unfortunately you have been temporarily placed on the waitlist due to our inability to grade your projects (an error pops up at the link).

Here are the links, they should be working fine now: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19895830/ and http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20064323/. Thanks.

I love your ideas! I think you have great ambitions! You will actually however be put on the waitlist. As I see you are a fairly new scratcher, I would like to see a few more projects from you before I can accept you. You are a great candidate. We will contact you for further notifications.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you and your team. (:

cCheese
Scratcher
43 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

There will be a separate forum post for clients to apply for help. We will then assign you based on what division you are part of to help certain clients with certain problems.

And thanks for the answers.

Crystollo
Scratcher
86 posts

So am I in division 3 or 4?

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

Crystollo wrote:

So am I in division 3 or 4?

ivorytoon
Scratcher
12 posts

Oh sorry i didnt know i had to fill it in

» How often are you on scratch (be honest: we will confirm this)
I am in boarding school, hence during the school days i can only use for around 30 mins, but during the holidays (which will start in a week) i can be online 24/7 (Literly!!!)

» How many other collaborations are you/or have you been in?
Well, till now i wasnt really interested in collabs because they didnt seem to be fun,, but this looks different and fresh!!!

» What division (Read on to find out) are you interested in?
I have started to learn inkscape and inkpad, so if possible, i would like to join division 3!!

» Your most pride-worthy project in that division field
I have temporally stopped using this account, but if you would like to, then i can upload some of my works
even though this site is in korean, im sure that you can find the picture there… uploading picture directly isn't working for me right now
Link: http://m.cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=20162475&articleid=4804&page=1&boardtype=L

» What do you want to improve on scratch?
I really want to make every scratcher to be good at graphics!!

» How do you think we should attack this problem?
By making projects which will inspire them, that they will be interested in good graphics!!

Last edited by ivorytoon (April 2, 2014 11:19:27)

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

ivorytoon wrote:

i would like to join!!!

Ah. Never mind.

Last edited by pigletdiglet (April 2, 2014 10:23:19)

ivorytoon
Scratcher
12 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

i would like to join!!!

Please read the entire post.

yes i have, and i have filled in the details
Crystollo
Scratcher
86 posts

In the members list, don't you think it would be a good idea to also put our divisions, next to our name?

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

ivorytoon wrote:

I am in boarding school, hence during the school days i can only use for around 30 mins, but during the holidays (which will start in a week) i can be online 24/7 (Literly!!!)

Well, till now i wasnt really interested in collabs because they didnt seem to be fun,, but this looks different and fresh!!!

I have started to learn inkscape and inkpad, so if possible, i would like to join division 3!!

I have temporally stopped using this account, but if you would like to, then i can upload some of my works

By making projects which will inspire them, that they will be interested in good graphics!!

I love your mission to make good graphics. That's one of our focuses. However, from your projects, it seems as if you are just starting down that path. I would like to see a bit more from you. In addition, it seems you are a little inactive for this; this is quite long term.

Note to all:

Waitlisted members are members who are not on on team, can use the signature, but are not on the team unless notified.

Last edited by pigletdiglet (April 2, 2014 10:34:14)

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I WOULDN'T BE A GOOD MEMBER: I WOULD ALWAYS SAY, I HELPED SOME PEOPLE, BUT I FORGOT THE NUMBERS AND NAMES!

Plus I am officially in one ACTIVE collab, and unofficially in another pretty inactive collab.

Last edited by braxbroscratcher (April 2, 2014 11:14:45)

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
ivorytoon
Scratcher
12 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

I love your mission to make good graphics. That's one of our focuses. However, from your projects, it seems as if you are just starting down that path. I would like to see a bit more from you. In addition, it seems you are a little inactive for this; this is quite long term.

Note to all:

Waitlisted members are members who are not on on team, can use the signature, but are not on the team unless notified.

I have told you… i was not using this account, but other account, as you can see from my profile
also, for around 2 months, i haven't been using scratch at all, but was learning inkpad
let me show you some of my work, once i go back to home. Can you please wait till then?
cCheese
Scratcher
43 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

Note to all:

Would I officially be counted as waitlisted? (:

pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

ivorytoon wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

Note to all:

I have told you… i was not using this account, but other account, as you can see from my profile
also, for around 2 months, i haven't been using scratch at all, but was learning inkpad
let me show you some of my work, once i go back to home. Can you please wait till then?

I will wait then. However, you have not told me that you were using another account; it wasn't clear. All you said was… “I'm not using this account.” That doesn't mean that you were using another account. You can't expect me to know that. In addition, please register with the account you want to register with. Thank you.

ivorytoon
Scratcher
12 posts

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

Note to all:

I will wait then. However, you have not told me that you were using another account; it wasn't clear. All you said was… “I'm not using this account.” That doesn't mean that you were using another account. You can't expect me to know that. In addition, please register with the account you want to register with. Thank you.

sorry if it wasnt clear… my bad.. i have uploaded a link, and you can look at the picture that i have created (even though the site is in korean)
and also, if i am registering, i will do it with this account, because i am not willing anyone to know my other account
pigletdiglet
Scratcher
100+ posts

ivorytoon wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

pigletdiglet wrote:

ivorytoon wrote:

Note to all:

sorry if it wasnt clear… my bad.. i have uploaded a link, and you can look at the picture that i have created (even though the site is in korean)
and also, if i am registering, i will do it with this account, because i am not willing anyone to know my other account

Alright. I'm really confused of what you're saying now. I thought you wanted to use the other account, and so you wanted me to wait.