Discuss Scratch

UniverseOfGaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can you connect scratch to arduino?

I heard Lego's working with Scratch to make some LEGO Classroom sets. I figure if they made a LEGO Coding set with motion and sound motor bricks I can make a robotic tank with wheels that moves around the table. That would be cool!
And please fix the forum blocks

For more, see -InsanityPlays-!
dhrupal93
New to Scratch
1 post

Now we can connect any Arduino Uno or Nano or Mega prototyping board for Scratch programming using PictoBlox.
https://thestempedia.com/tutorial-hub/pictoblox-tutorial/arduino-with-pictoblox-tutorial

It looks cool stuff.
100-cat-project
Scratcher
1 post

Lots of ways to use an Arduino or other electronics with scratch.

1. Simplest is to run Scratch on a Raspberry Pi. You can then access the GPIO pins. If you still need to use an Arduino, just connect the pins together (not forgetting the 3.3v and 5v mismatch).
2. Snap4arduino is based on Scratch but is far more powerful and simple to use. You run firmata on the Arduino and control everything using the Snap blocks.
3. If you purely want to control robotics using Scratch you can use Scratch Link. Its very simple to control EV3 robotics projects.
4. The simplest single board computer to access is the Microbit. Again just load Scratch link and the Microbit control code. Scratch will then have access and control.

All the above are relatively simple and can be used in a children's code club.

There's no end of things you can do if you use GPIO to control things by running Scratch on a Raspberry Pi (simple and lots of examples out there). If you have 2 PIs then you run Scrach on one and the other can do whatever one want as you have WiFi, Bluetooth, I2C, and serial ports available in addition to lots of libraries. In addition to controlling and monitoring the physical world with Scratch you could always link to through to graphics programs such as Processing.

Lots of cool stuff.
mathematicteacher
Scratcher
7 posts

Is there an Arduino Uno extension for Scratch 3? Where is it located?

I recall two year ago using Scratch 2 for Arduino Uno. It worked great. But now I can not find anything for extensions for Scratch 3.
Do I need to use Scratch 2?

Is their any books or information on this? I do not want to use Pictorial scratch unless it is my only option.

I greatly appreciate your help.

Michael
minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

I see mention of Arduino here.

John Conway

☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels

Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)

these blocks have been hidden for your safety

scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
-ae-
Scratcher
58 posts

This topic

ramsom11 wrote:

Is there any way at all to connect scratch to an arduino board. I would love to be able to control motors and lights.
It's a very short topic! Make it more long!!!

My pfp goes up to 255s
minor-edit
Scratcher
500+ posts

s3-extend Control an Arduino Uno, Circuit Playground Express, ESP-8266, Picoboard or Rasberry Pi From Scratch 3

John Conway

☁️

• ω •

HSL and RGB levels

Whoops! Our server is Scratch'ing its head
We couldn't find the page you're looking for. Check to make sure you've typed the url correctly.
You can try searching for what you're looking for here:
Search
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ 404 ┻━┻ ╰(°□°╰)

these blocks have been hidden for your safety

scroll around the scripting area while holding a block of code.
hi
necroposting is allowed on the Suggestions forum for comments relevant to the discussion
Ziad8
New to Scratch
1 post

comment se connecter a arduino
MeStev
New to Scratch
1 post

SimpleScratch wrote:

Not that I've heard about

I'm close to releasing a method of using Scratch 3 to control GPIO pins on a Pi - I should be able to adapt it to interface to Firmata running on Arduino - timescale estimate - a month

Hi Scratcher,
Were you able to adapt this to connect to Arduino using Scratch 3.0? Does anyone else have updates? I tried to use the ScratchX extension for Arduino but am struggling with the plugin, so I thought I'd look around for other options.
ykoubo
Scratcher
11 posts

I made Scratch3 extension to connect Arduino named ‘Scrattino3’.
Scrattino3 – Yengawa Lab https://lab.yengawa.com/project/scrattino3/
Download the FirmataStandard sketch on your Arduino and start Scrattino3 desktop app then you can connect and control Arduino from Scratch3 via USB.
SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

@ykoubo Nice work

itchy20
Scratcher
100+ posts

Take a look at this link. Scratch3 extensions for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, CircuitPlayGround Express, and ESP-8266.
namnguyen1177
New to Scratch
2 posts

ykoubo wrote:

Download the FirmataStandard sketch on your Arduino and start Scrattino3 desktop app then you can connect and control Arduino from Scratch3 via USB.

It is really nice work! Can I use the Ultrasonic sensor SR04 with this tool?
ykoubo
Scratcher
11 posts

namnguyen1177 wrote:

ykoubo wrote:

It is really nice work! Can I use the Ultrasonic sensor SR04 with this tool?

No, you should need to change arduino program to use HC-SR04 with Scrattino..

Last edited by ykoubo (July 30, 2020 10:55:00)

Kelp_on_Scratch
Scratcher
14 posts

ramsom11 wrote:

Is there any way at all to connect scratch to an arduino board. I would love to be able to control motors and lights.

I would recommend using a raspberry pi if you want to use scratch
ekotete
New to Scratch
1 post

@dru

dhrupal93 wrote:

Now we can connect any Arduino Uno or Nano or Mega prototyping board for Scratch programming using PictoBlox.
https://thestempedia.com/tutorial-hub/pictoblox-tutorial/arduino-with-pictoblox-tutorial

It looks cool stuff.

can you help me, to tell me how to make arduino-scratch based application like pictoblox ? is there any github sources that I can fork or used as references ? thank you
b3rl1nc0d3r
Scratcher
1 post

Another option is Codecraft. Since we could not talk to our Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2 from Codecraft directly (MacOS Catalina), we just used the Codecraft editor to layout our sketch with scratch blocks. Then switched to code view, copied the text, pasted it in the Arduino IDE and uploaded it to Arduino, voilà!
matilda1234576
Scratcher
1 post

Last edited by matilda1234576 (July 8, 2021 04:09:54)

Unithlees3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No, they removed that feature I think

this is a signature, it goes beneath my posts and a link here isn't considered advertising

meh youtube channel is here