Discuss Scratch

IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

Anyone know any tutorial or any code to help?
MystreyTurtle96
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a TD game?

What do you mean by a TD game? I don't know what it stands for.

Last edited by MystreyTurtle96 (Feb. 5, 2019 13:51:35)

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
-J.R.R. Tolkein
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

Tower Defense
deck26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a TD game?

Have you tried searching for similar projects - this is something we see regularly here so there must be a few.
MystreyTurtle96
Scratcher
100+ posts

How to make a TD game?

I have nothing that I can think of for you. The only tower defense I've ever seen was Minecraft Tower Defense on YouTube.

Last edited by MystreyTurtle96 (Feb. 5, 2019 22:24:15)

“Not all those who wander are lost.”
-J.R.R. Tolkein
Magicguy04
Scratcher
68 posts

How to make a TD game?

First, you would have to make a sprite for each “tower”. Then you would have to make a sprite for the attacking enemies. The enemies would need a cloning script, a movement, and a health script. The towers would need a cloning, targeting, shooting, and placing script. You would also need a projectile that spawns whenever a tower shoots.
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

Ok well ill post on this thread when i need future health thanks!
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

ok after experimenting i can nver mke my spirets point toward the object the face a diffrent way why is this?
deck26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a TD game?

IAMSEAHAWKpro wrote:

ok after experimenting i can nver mke my spirets point toward the object the face a diffrent way why is this?
In the costume editor the costume appears as it will when pointing right. If you don't follow that rule you'll have problems.
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

Ok i fixed the costume issue but a problem is how do i make the towers sense the enemy and fire?
deck26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a TD game?

IAMSEAHAWKpro wrote:

Ok i fixed the costume issue but a problem is how do i make the towers sense the enemy and fire?
Search for ‘nearest clone’ and look at some of the projects that gives you.
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

i did but alot of the are showcases and dont really help me learn how to make it
deck26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How to make a TD game?

I assume you're aware of the blocks

(distance to [ v])
point towards [ v]
So is the problem that you're using clones? If it is you probably do need to be willing to look inside some of thsoe projects to see how they do what they do. @TheLogFather's one is fully commented and the one by @gtoal only has 3 scripts.
IAMSEAHAWKpro
Scratcher
31 posts

How to make a TD game?

thanks for the help i got it figured out i was just having a huge brain block and i couldn't think so u figured it out thanks on to all the other hard bits

Last edited by IAMSEAHAWKpro (Feb. 6, 2019 15:02:36)

coolboy1609
Scratcher
1 post

How to make a TD game?

when green flag clicked
move (5) steps
Gameatonics
Scratcher
4 posts

How to make a TD game?

It will be hard because most of the times your tower does not face the clones, only the original (which should be hiding.) It will also be hard to make multiple towers. Good luck! I can help once I have enough experience, Right now I do not have the knowledge to do facing and complex point in directioning.

My Profile | -Shortevity- Developer Studio

Evil kamquat virus will invade you if you spam, or necropost. To stop the evil kumquat army, follow me and I will follow you as well.
cybercode13
Scratcher
38 posts

How to make a TD game?

You need to make a enemy list with the sprite name sin this list and make the towers attack only those sprite names, then if you want to be even more complex like the balloon monkey game you can make camouflaged enemy’s that only specific towers can attack
when green flag clicked
add [Enemy name’s] to [enemy list v]
when green flag clicked
forever
if <“name” = (enemy)> then

“Attack”

else
“Don’t attack”
end
end
nyonplayz
Scratcher