Discuss Scratch

AlexINF
Scratcher
76 posts

More keys to be pressed

Just, you can hack the .JSON file on the project and change the code.

Also, There's a project here showing some hacked blocks.
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

AlexINF wrote:

In order for a workaround to be valid, it must be possible to create in vanilla Scratch- no JSON hacks or mods.

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
pkexe
Scratcher
85 posts

More keys to be pressed

Better num lock home end pgup pgdn prtsc sysrq window key for windows

CLICK HERE or else CLICK HERE!

I need a better signature.
Some Windows stuff:
when [Ctrl+ScrollLock(2x) v] keys pressed :: hat events
if < <Registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\i8042prt \(or kbdhid)\\Parameters equals 0x01 :: control> and <Current keyboard is PS/2 \(or USB for kbdhid) ::sensing>> then
immeadiately BSoD ::sensing
scan for errors :: control
reboot :: control
end

when [ Ctrl+Alt+Del v] keys pressed :: hat events
Show loading sign and message [ Preparing Security Options... ] :: control
Display security options {
Lock ::control
Switch User :: control
Signout :: control
Change a Password :: control
Task Manager :: control
} and display Cancel button :: control

when [ Win+R v] keys pressed :: hat :: events
Open Run dialog :: control
Inputs {
"cmd" Open Command Prompt at C:\\Windows\\System32\\cmd.exe :: control
"explorer" Open Windows/File Explorer at C:\\Windows\\explorer.exe :: control
"regedit" Open Registry Editor at C:\\Windows\\regedit.exe :: control
} :: control

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Dangerous bash commands that your Linux computer isn't fond of:
sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root / :: control // It recursively deletes as much as it can in your Linux computer.

chmod -R 777 / :: control // See the many issues at https://serverfault.com/questions/364677/why-is-chmod-r-777-destructive.

dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda :: control // /dev/random contains random data that is written onto /dev/sda, aka your hard drive. Replacing /dev/random with /dev/zero completely zeroes out your drive.

:\()\{ :|:& };: :: control // This command is known as a fork bomb. It consumes all memory by creating duplicates of itself.

This is a visualization of a fork bomb:

Yup, definitely need to cut down my signature eightfold
Roaring_Inferno
Scratcher
100 posts

More keys to be pressed

Support as per above.

Test project! (NEW) Link: <——
Go check out the Mario Wiki! Link: <——
(Super Mario Fanatic, Trombone Player, and Lover of Card Games.)
DaSpudLord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

pkexe wrote:

Better num lock home end pgup pgdn prtsc sysrq window key for windows]

(unnecessary quotes removed by DaSpudLord)

CLICK HERE or else CLICK HERE!
Please don't quotespam or advertise on the suggestions forum. Thanks!

U^ェ^U::motion//This is Blocky. He lives in my signature. He is a trained attack block. He protects my siggy from kumquats.
BobbyF_Extras
Scratcher
7 posts

More keys to be pressed

Definitely support. If we could have the option to use the Enter, Ctrl and Shift Key, that'd be awesome by itself. Makes controls for a 2nd player in any game or simulation very difficult for them.

Extras Account for @BobbyF. Veteran Scratcher, decent animator, yet rookie programmer.
Informinity
Scratcher
100+ posts

More keys to be pressed

There are some hacked blocks that do that, but It would be easier just having them in the vanilla scratch program. Support.
pvz_pro
Scratcher
500+ posts

More keys to be pressed

Support!

if you are reading this, ok
Candylanguagegirl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

Greatguy123 wrote:

I have an idea! I think it would be a great idea to add more keys. It might get a little irritating, however, because the list of letters is already pretty long. Maybe the ST could make it so that you choose the key by clicking into the block and typing in the key you want!

Just an idea. If you don't want this here, that's fine. I just thought it might be ok because its kind of the same topic. I can make this a new topic if you want.
Support for this block. Nice and small and I could seriously use it.

~Fail spectacularly~
Ottertamer
Scratcher
60 posts

More keys to be pressed

I support this! We also need stuff like
when [shift v] key pressed

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

1) Not all keyboards have the same symbols and some of them would have extra symbols not included here. This would discriminate against them and ruining Scratch's purpose of being for everyone
2) Apple computers display backspace, enter, and ctrl as delete, return, and command. Not to mention Windows has a delete button which Apple only has on larger keyboards as delete (with a forward delete icon). These keys will cause confusion.
3) At the moment, Flash can't tell the difference between shift, ctrl, alt, fn, etc. nor can it detect esc.

So only support for keys that are on all keyboards and aren't named differently between OS's in Scratch 3.0

Last edited by Sheep_maker (July 7, 2016 00:44:53)

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

What about a new block input slot:

<key (space v) pressed :: sensing>

clicking inside the box focuses it and waits for the user to press a key. That key is then the one the block will detect.

ChatUser2
Scratcher
100+ posts

More keys to be pressed

xlk wrote:

Griffpatch made an ascii key detector, or something' like that, so any keyboard key can be detected…
But it's an obscure hack and you need to do all this work instead of just selecting the keyboard key

My cloud draw project (64x64, 12 colors): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147125133/
ChatUser2
Scratcher
100+ posts

More keys to be pressed

theonlygusti wrote:

What about a new block input slot:

clicking inside the box focuses it and waits for the user to press a key. That key is then the one the block will detect.
Or maybe a small keyboard from dropdown that allows to click a key, just like the “play note” block has a piano keyboard in dropdown.

My cloud draw project (64x64, 12 colors): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147125133/
ChatUser2
Scratcher
100+ posts

More keys to be pressed

Sheep_maker wrote:

1) Not all keyboards have the same symbols and some of them would have extra symbols not included here. This would discriminate against them and ruining Scratch's purpose of being for everyone
2) Apple computers display backspace, enter, and ctrl as delete, return, and command. Not to mention Windows has a delete button which Apple only has on larger keyboards as delete (with a forward delete icon). These keys will cause confusion.
3) At the moment, Flash can't tell the difference between shift, ctrl, alt, fn, etc. nor can it detect esc.

So only support for keys that are on all keyboards and aren't named differently between OS's in Scratch 3.0
All keyboards have the same 95 standard symbols we have but accessed differently. So in addition to normal `1234567890-=\[];',./ we would also need ~!@#$%^&*()_+|{}:“<>? which are shifted versions but may be located differently. Also maybe a text box if someone wants to make a German or French project. For the flash key confusion, Scratch will shift to HTML5, or it will be named ”shift/ctrl/alt/fn/…". For the Apple confusion, same.

Empty-Map
Scratcher
100+ posts

More keys to be pressed

That's possible through hack blocks but I fell like Scratch should make it official. Full Support.

Pokemon Showdown (Battle Simulator) - 6 Game Modes With 17 Pokemon To Choose From! Buy Items In The Shop!

↑..Click The Image To Go to The Project..↑
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

ChatUser2 wrote:

theonlygusti wrote:

Or maybe a small keyboard from dropdown that allows to click a key, just like the “play note” block has a piano keyboard in dropdown.
Not all keyboards are the same.

kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

More keys to be pressed

I suggest that the menu for the key pressed block should accept inputs. That's all I ask.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

DaSpudLord wrote:

AlexINF wrote:

In order for a workaround to be valid, it must be possible to create in vanilla Scratch- no JSON hacks or mods.
you can do it using any text editor, provided you can unzip .zips. Pretty sure it's acceptable since everyone has a text editor (All OSes come with one) and since there are many different programs for extracting zips.

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

More keys to be pressed

It looks like this is a duplicate topic of this one over here so I'll close it to keep the conversation all in one place.

Please use the existing topic in the link above.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;