Discuss Scratch

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

What do you do to prank others on April Fools? Discuss!

Moderator note - let's also use this topic to discuss pranks taking place today
happy April Fool's Day!

Last edited by Paddle2See (April 1, 2014 14:20:41)

haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

*immediately checks to see if it's April Fools Day*
Okay it's not *whew*.
Anyways, I usually don't prank people on April Fools, but I can't wait to see what YouTube and Scratch does this year, since last year's pranks were pretty good.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
CN12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

The Pico thing last year was kind of cheesy, I thought. But the Youtube one was really good; my cousin and I believed it for like an hour

I have some awesome ones I'm going to do to my dad, though. And I have a good one planned for one of my friends.

Last edited by CN12 (March 24, 2014 16:43:54)

You and 11 others like this post. Unlike?
———————————————-

Album 2 coming soon eventually!
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

I used to be into this (meaning, as recently as last year), but now I find the prospect irritating and depressing. Then again, I say that about nearly everything now.

Ugh. I'm not looking forward to school during this. It's already painful enough…

*shiver* Populars…

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

April Fools Pranking

A good prankster never reveals his pranks to anyone! ^~^

The end.
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

Anny, is that SERIOUSLY necessary? As for the prank itself, it doesn't sound like it was funny to the person in question, and as for the post, I think most of us would rather not see that.

Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

April Fools Pranking

StarscreamClone wrote:

Anny, is that SERIOUSLY necessary? As for the prank itself, it doesn't sound like it was funny to the person in question, and as for the post, I think most of us would rather not see that.

Well this is a site for kids, no matter how crazy they are.

The end.
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

lol90 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Would you really think it is fine to post that when a six-year-old might wander through the forums and decide to try it out for himself?

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

StarscreamClone wrote:

lol90 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Would you really think it is fine to post that when a six-year-old might wander through the forums and decide to try it out for himself?
It was inappropriate, no doubt. An “lower parts” reference does not belong here.

MidnightMystique
Scratcher
100+ posts

April Fools Pranking

I had a Scratch account a long time ago….sadly, I lost it. However, I do remember “Kaj the Moderator”, which kind of freaked me out until I found out it was @Paddle2See ….. although, I didn't have one during early 2013, so I don't remember the Pico prank.

pls not the bees guys no bees or else i will scream
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

April Fools Pranking

turkey3 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

lol90 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

It was inappropriate, no doubt. An “lower parts” reference does not belong here.

Yeah. You're right.

The end.
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

Anyway, one minor prank I did a while back (back when the cruddy computer was installed) was make an error message with an error message generator that basically said the computer wouldn't work anymore, hit ‘preview’ in the image options, told my bro I wanted to show him something, brought him over, acted like I really did mess something up, and he went and got Mum, who fell for it until she tried to click the ‘next’ option on it. XD

Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

I have plans for my profile.

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

StarscreamClone wrote:

Anyway, one minor prank I did a while back (back when the cruddy computer was installed) was make an error message with an error message generator that basically said the computer wouldn't work anymore, hit ‘preview’ in the image options, told my bro I wanted to show him something, brought him over, acted like I really did mess something up, and he went and got Mum, who fell for it until she tried to click the ‘next’ option on it. XD
A long time ago (I was less tech-savvy) someone flipped the screen and I thought it was broken. Also, I want to go onto someone's computer when they're gone for a minute and open up Scratchpad on JavaScript and alert a message to them such as “computer will selfdestruct in 10 minutes. Save all files to an external drive” XD

Or even better, I can make it a prompt message and ask if they are okay with it, and if they say no I'll say “Ha, well I am anyways”

Last edited by turkey3 (March 25, 2014 00:22:40)

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

turkey3 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

A long time ago (I was less tech-savvy) someone flipped the screen and I thought it was broken. Also, I want to go onto someone's computer when they're gone for a minute and open up Scratchpad on JavaScript and alert a message to them such as “computer will selfdestruct in 10 minutes. Save all files to an external drive” XD

Or even better, I can make it a prompt message and ask if they are okay with it, and if they say no I'll say “Ha, well I am anyways”
XD Oh, that is awesome.

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

CN12 wrote:

The Pico thing last year was kind of cheesy, I thought. But the Youtube one was really good; my cousin and I believed it for like an hour

I have some awesome ones I'm going to do to my dad, though. And I have a good one planned for one of my friends.
The Neigh scratch prank was by far the best because people believed it.
“OMG I DON'T LIKE PONEEES EWW SCRATCH THATS 4 4 YEER OLDZ.”
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

April Fools Pranking

Although I'm breaking my own rule to never tell anyone a good prank, I might as well. I am thinking of making a fake Windows 7 Shop, made in VBS, and make it “delete” System32 and “charge” the user a * load of money.

The end.
Blueinkproductions
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

I'm considering replacing all my projects with jokes and annoying stuff. Or maybe just flipping some names around.

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
____                  _____  _______              
| \ | | | | | |\ | | /
|___/ | | | |__ | | \ | |/
| \ | | | | | | \ | |\
| | | | | | | | \ | | \
|___/ L____ \___/ |_____ ___|___ | \| | \
PRODUCTIONS

Here's a hint: support = support.

<shameless self promotion>follow me! follow me! follow me! love my stuff! love my stuff! love my stuff! follow me! love my stuff! remix my stuff! follow me! follow me! </shameless self promotion>
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

April Fools Pranking

lol90 wrote:

Although I'm breaking my own rule to never tell anyone a good prank, I might as well. I am thinking of making a fake Windows 7 Shop, made in VBS, and make it “delete” System32 and “charge” the user a * load of money.
How would you manage to physically do it to someone?

lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

April Fools Pranking

turkey3 wrote:

lol90 wrote:

How would you manage to physically do it to someone?

It's a prank, not a personal attack. I'd do it by making a series of message boxes, save the file, get it onto a portable hard drive, transfer it, and run it before the person notices.

The end.