How to import image on scratch 3.0?

I do not know how! I need help.

when green flag clicked
say [How i import an image on scratch 3.0 i need help]

when green flag clicked
say [wario show you fun]
broadcast [show (insert someone's name here) fun]

I have made an mario 64 beta remake.

Hey! Something is coming, an collecting game i will be making!: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/495592180/
willowmint-
Scratcher
500+ posts

To import an image for a new sprite or backdrop:
Look at the bottom right corner of the editor. There should be two circular icons, one of the scratch cat, and one of a background. Hover your mouse over the scratch cat icon if you want the image for a sprite, and hover it over the background icon if you want a backdrop. A list of options should appear; click on the top one (it should look like a line with an arrow pointing up) to import an image.

To import an image for a costume:
Go to the costumes tab on your sprite. On the bottom left corner, you will see the scratch cat icon. Hover your mouse over it, and click on the second option on the list to import an image.

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Psalm 46:1 <3
mar-bear2007
Scratcher
1 post

Thank you that is very helpful! Honestly, I'm good with normal scratch, or the 3.0. The normal one was a little easier.
Nailstrom
Scratcher
26 posts

How do you add an image (such as a .SVG) to a pre-existing image? I know how to add images as their own costumes/backdrops, but what if I wanted to add a transparent image on top of a picture? (Like importing into a picture like what 2.0 had)
CatGuyAnimates
Scratcher
100+ posts

Then create it as a costume then highlight of all than hit copy. Go to where you want add it and hit paste. Now you can delete the first costume.

(she/her) Mostly inactive nowadays. stand with ukraine.
jasmineotp
Scratcher
9 posts

willowmint- wrote:

Look at the bottom right corner of the editor. There should be two circular icons, one of the scratch cat, and one of a background. Hover your mouse over the scratch cat icon if you want the image for a sprite, and hover it over the background icon if you want a backdrop. A list of options should appear; click on the top one (it should look like a line with an arrow pointing up) to import an image.

Go to the costumes tab on your sprite. On the bottom left corner, you will see the scratch cat icon. Hover your mouse over it, and click on the second option on the list to import an image.

Can you insert in a picture to a pre-existing sprite?

Last edited by jasmineotp (April 8, 2019 09:57:42)

14152cool
Scratcher
100+ posts

jasmineotp wrote:

willowmint- wrote:

Can you insert in a picture to a pre-existing sprite?
This was alraedy answered, see

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

Then create it as a costume then highlight of all than hit copy. Go to where you want add it and hit paste. Now you can delete the first costume.

Annoyingly, my signature was eaten by a small, white dog. How annoying.

Ank572
Scratcher
1 post

how do i import an image onto a costume/background on scratch 3.0
BallGamer45
New to Scratch
1 post

No import image
AnimeDetective
Scratcher
34 posts

NanjisMapping2 wrote:

3.0 sucks it is hard
no it isn't

when green flag clicked
say [I love Scratch, Javascript, and C#]
set [going mad] to [yes]
bywok
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here's the easiest way:
- Go to the circular icon in the bottom right corner of the sprites
- Click on ‘Upload Sprite’
- Go to the desired image
- It'll appear on the screen

- Put this sprite in your backpack
- Go to the sprite where you want to add your image
- Go to the backpack, pull out the sprite and hover it over Costumes tab
- RELEASE DAT MOUSE
- Done!
teecee3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

Sorry, I don't really understand those instructions. Could you please give more detail?

^ banner by @clove-

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ hey, i'm sydney!

// INFJ-T // she/they // hufflepuff // aquarius // aspiring artist & writer //
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am going to assume that this topic is sufficiently answered, and will close it to prevent more necroposts.

If the OP needs it re-opened, they just have to use the Report button and ask for it to be re-opened.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay