Discuss Scratch

awesomegames123
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

dracae wrote:

The first one can be abused, and the second one is not very necessary.


Regarding the first suggestion - Letting a project have control over ANY key pressed is possibly abusable. Either way, you can hack it in if you REALLY want it…

As for the second suggestion, what's so hard about clicking the check button or pressing enter?
Also, you can program your own answering script if you REALLY wish, and I'm sure there are alreadu projects out there with that implemented.

So sorry, but no support.

how can they be abused???!!!! and for the second one in a typing test or when typing something it will be a pretty hard script if you have to check more than one word at a time, and that is impossible for now without having to move you mouse or press enter. Ok, you might not use it but many other people may. Ok, looks like i'll have to hack the keys again!

Last edited by awesomegames123 (June 28, 2014 07:05:59)

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

awesomegames123 wrote:

dracae wrote:

The first one can be abused, and the second one is not very necessary.


Regarding the first suggestion - Letting a project have control over ANY key pressed is possibly abusable. Either way, you can hack it in if you REALLY want it…

As for the second suggestion, what's so hard about clicking the check button or pressing enter?
Also, you can program your own answering script if you REALLY wish, and I'm sure there are alreadu projects out there with that implemented.

So sorry, but no support.

how can they be abused???!!!! and for the second one in a typing test or when typing something it will be a pretty hard script if you have to check more than one word at a time, and that is impossible for now without having to move you mouse or press enter. Ok, you might not use it but many other people may. Ok, looks like i'll have to hack the keys again!
1st If something is a duplicate of a topic add a extension to the non-duplicate topic to keep the forums organised. Second it can easily be abused; They could use it to stop you from leaving the project….
savaka
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Blaze349 wrote:

awesomegames123 wrote:

dracae wrote:

The first one can be abused, and the second one is not very necessary.


Regarding the first suggestion - Letting a project have control over ANY key pressed is possibly abusable. Either way, you can hack it in if you REALLY want it…

As for the second suggestion, what's so hard about clicking the check button or pressing enter?
Also, you can program your own answering script if you REALLY wish, and I'm sure there are alreadu projects out there with that implemented.

So sorry, but no support.

how can they be abused???!!!! and for the second one in a typing test or when typing something it will be a pretty hard script if you have to check more than one word at a time, and that is impossible for now without having to move you mouse or press enter. Ok, you might not use it but many other people may. Ok, looks like i'll have to hack the keys again!
1st If something is a duplicate of a topic add a extension to the non-duplicate topic to keep the forums organised. Second it can easily be abused; They could use it to stop you from leaving the project….
How can you use key press detection to stop you from leaving the project?

Also, this would maybe be better so there's no long dropdown
Harakou
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Merged several threads into one here; sorry for any confusion. Also, bump!

;
savaka
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Harakou wrote:

Merged several threads into one here; sorry for any confusion. Also, bump!
This doesn't really work well for like dracae's post since that info no longer exists.
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support!

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
- thanks to brainyquote.com for the quotes -


awesomegames123
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

VoltageGames wrote:

Griffpatch has made a hack so you can use Tab, Enter and Shift.

Symbols are not common knowledge and I usually have to go through each of my symbols to find the one I want, and they differ from hardware to hardware. So I don't support symbols.

you can't backpack them
PH-zero
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support
when (key::events) pressed::events hat
switch costume to (key::events)
stamp

Ever wanted to rotate the stage? Or to
go to x:() y:() z:() ::custom
Click me!
Braeden5454
Scratcher
500+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Yep. Support.

No text here-> Haha April Fools, You spent 3 seconds highlighting this.
move () steps

If you think my post was helpful, you may want to Follow me to receive updated and useful tips.
I am raeden5454. You can check out some more projects at My Prof
404 Error. Cannot find page “signature”. Reason: Kumquat consumption
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

awesomegames123 wrote:

VoltageGames wrote:

Griffpatch has made a hack so you can use Tab, Enter and Shift.

Symbols are not common knowledge and I usually have to go through each of my symbols to find the one I want, and they differ from hardware to hardware. So I don't support symbols.

you can't backpack them
I can tell you how to do it yourself. First download the .sb2 file and change it to .zip. Open the json file and change the key presses to whatever but use unicode keys.
sup090890809
Scratcher
16 posts

All keys on keyboard

i tthink this is not going well...

when green flag clicked
forever
say [oh...] for (9) secs
end
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

+1
This seems useful.

when she said
forever
play sound [aaaaaaaaaaaaa v] until done
end
i really felt that
Dylan5797
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Come on guys. REALLY
Hacks?
They are technically just using any old text editor to have setups that the GUI doesn't allow
For example:
You can't put a variable in a read-only drop-down slot like this:
set (settingvar) to (value)
but that doesn't mean that Scratch can't run that.
In fact, Scratch won't crash if you make a mistake using custom block modifying (Unless you like, delete the whole children key in the stage object)







im so ocd about ip addresses


can you guess what my user icon is

new record


dylan beswick · writing · github · soundcloud

I enjoy coding, writing electronic music, building computers and servers, and playing the piano. I am a big fan of F-777's music, you should really check it out.

I have written a few semi-common pieces of code that are used in scratch projects, like scratchapi.

I'm kind of lonely, I'd like a bit of attention, if that's possible.












i maxed out geoguessr at 25,000 points – https://geoguessr.com/results/GiXQHzXVQSEeWiYT
i truly feel sorry for everybody else in my country
LBMCompany
Scratcher
37 posts

All keys on keyboard

Support!
fan_of_pixels
Scratcher
45 posts

All keys on keyboard

LOOK THE GOLDEN ARCHES —>https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19199766/


GOD BLESS HAVE MERCY ON MY COMPUTERS RAM


This is the MIDI file in case your interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBbyckKgOM
fan_of_pixels
Scratcher
45 posts

All keys on keyboard

awesomegames123 wrote:

VoltageGames wrote:

Griffpatch has made a hack so you can use Tab, Enter and Shift.

Symbols are not common knowledge and I usually have to go through each of my symbols to find the one I want, and they differ from hardware to hardware. So I don't support symbols.

you can't backpack them
yeah but I just did a few minutes ago


I wonder why anyway
<k
<key [unknown v] pressed?>
^possible?

Last edited by fan_of_pixels (April 18, 2015 12:03:55)



GOD BLESS HAVE MERCY ON MY COMPUTERS RAM


This is the MIDI file in case your interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBbyckKgOM
elijahf10
Scratcher
33 posts

All keys on keyboard

savaka wrote:

I think you should be able to do any key you want on the keyboard for the key press block. I know Flash can do this so it is possible. Maybe you could click on the field in the key press block and instead of a drop down menu it says “Press the key you want” and then you press it and it goes in the block.

You can do other keys, but you need to hack them.

Wanna relive 1992? Check out my Windows 3.1 emulator!

Dylan5797
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

VoltageGames wrote:

Kyle2Death wrote:

MeDiaMond wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?

I don't spport people who breake Scratch bounderys by hacking to get features thay need. Scratch was ment to be easy to learn.
It IS easy to learn! And people can get more useful tools thanks to griffpatch! Really, I'm surprised nobody thought of this during 1.4
In 1.4 Scratch had it's own file format that couldn't be hacked







im so ocd about ip addresses


can you guess what my user icon is

new record


dylan beswick · writing · github · soundcloud

I enjoy coding, writing electronic music, building computers and servers, and playing the piano. I am a big fan of F-777's music, you should really check it out.

I have written a few semi-common pieces of code that are used in scratch projects, like scratchapi.

I'm kind of lonely, I'd like a bit of attention, if that's possible.












i maxed out geoguessr at 25,000 points – https://geoguessr.com/results/GiXQHzXVQSEeWiYT
i truly feel sorry for everybody else in my country
Pot-of-Gold
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

support


Click to play
-Io-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile