Discuss Scratch

savaka
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

I think you should be able to do any key you want on the keyboard for the key press block. I know Flash can do this so it is possible. Maybe you could click on the field in the key press block and instead of a drop down menu it says “Press the key you want” and then you press it and it goes in the block.

EDIT: except the Windows key, menu key, volume/media keys, or anything else that is not used by other applications

Last edited by savaka (Feb. 8, 2017 20:38:08)

Mickey_Fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Seems good. Support.
Kyle2Death
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

I like to see more keys for “When key pressed” because there is only up, down, left, right, space, A-Z and 0-9. I like to see more keys like tab and other ones like symbols, enter, and shift.


VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Griffpatch has made a hack so you can use Tab, Enter and Shift.

Symbols are not common knowledge and I usually have to go through each of my symbols to find the one I want, and they differ from hardware to hardware. So I don't support symbols.

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.


derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support!

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
Z-zap
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support!

chooper100
Scratcher
500+ posts
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

<key [backspace v] pressed?> // category=sensing

Last edited by derpmeup (April 24, 2014 23:27:05)


hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
MeDiaMond
Scratcher
500+ posts

All keys on keyboard

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?
Kyle2Death
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

MeDiaMond wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?

I don't spport people who breake Scratch bounderys by hacking to get features thay need. Scratch was ment to be easy to learn.

GyroscopeBill
Scratcher
500+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Kyle2Death wrote:

MeDiaMond wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?

I don't spport people who breake Scratch bounderys by hacking to get features thay need. Scratch was ment to be easy to learn.
Why don't you support Griffpatch? This is an example of the ingenuity that Scratchers use. Although Scratch is easy to learn, a new scratcher probably won't need these extra keys.

Last edited by GyroscopeBill (April 25, 2014 15:55:48)


Pingu is learning about politics with this amazing project.
VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Kyle2Death wrote:

MeDiaMond wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?

I don't spport people who breake Scratch bounderys by hacking to get features thay need. Scratch was ment to be easy to learn.
It IS easy to learn! And people can get more useful tools thanks to griffpatch! Really, I'm surprised nobody thought of this during 1.4

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.


Kyle2Death
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

VoltageGames wrote:

Kyle2Death wrote:

MeDiaMond wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

Not enter, it is used for starting the project.

As for a lot of other keys, they can't be reliably detected by Flash because they are named different things for different keyboards, so that would end up causing a lot of confusion when some people could use projects which other people couldn't.
You're right Ithink, but how could griffpatch make a hack then?

I don't spport people who breake Scratch bounderys by hacking to get features thay need. Scratch was ment to be easy to learn.
It IS easy to learn! And people can get more useful tools thanks to griffpatch! Really, I'm surprised nobody thought of this during 1.4

It was meant to be a bad thing.
The thing is that if you get something from hacking, you have an adventage over most others, and hacking is different from Scratch so not many people know how to hack. People have to use what thay get, not from people that has more then others then taking from it. I do NOT support hacked games for Scratch and never will.

Tramcrazy
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

I support this idea. Also, you should be able to get to a key quickly rather than having to scroll through a huge list.

-Tramcrazy
PS: Apologies for any errors in the above post.
Links:
The Commute: Test your mouse skills by getting the car to its destination.
Interactive characters: Converse with a pair of fictional character who react to what you say.
Magic 8 ball: What is your fortune?
Randomized mental maths test: Test your brain.

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like.

Kyle2Death
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Tramcrazy wrote:

I support this idea. Also, you should be able to get to a key quickly rather than having to scroll through a huge list.

I got a better idea, when you select what key you want, you just type it in and not use the list.

Kyle2Death
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Uber bump. (What?)

spgame05
Scratcher
100+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support!

Last edited by Kaj (Jan. 1 1111 1:11:11)
1234abcdcba4321
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All keys on keyboard

Support

I'd highly appreciate it if you were to follow me. Don't forget to go to my profile.
All of my programming suggestions <— You should really get the suggestions move back to the suggestions forum!
Five hundred posts! I never expected to get up there… In only 2-3 months.
Does anyone know what a signature is? I mean, I've already seen 6-7 people get confused.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile