Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Reading Camp || April Planning Thread

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

Guys, I'm working on a tentative schedule (mostly week one.) I have 6 daily activities. So I need another daily activity and a weekly activity. Doggyee, any else that's here, would LOVE some feedback/input/ideas PLEASE.
Ok so a weekly activity should maybe be 5% of your page count to give people a kick start and a daily… SHIP WARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Ooh, okay! Yeah ship wars are week 3 i think.

doggiecake wrote:

Annika can u give dystopian to eliela she's better suited for it than me I can take sci-Fi under my wing
aww…okay. i mean, i would take dystopian or reali-fi. maybe mystery. but yea i will give you sci-fi ill give her dystopian, probably, unless she has a second choice

ooh hey.
i’d love to take dystopiaaaaaan but if you or doggyee want to take it, i’m happy to lead another cabin.

Do you have any second/third choices? We can war for it

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

Guys, I'm working on a tentative schedule (mostly week one.) I have 6 daily activities. So I need another daily activity and a weekly activity. Doggyee, any else that's here, would LOVE some feedback/input/ideas PLEASE.
Ok so a weekly activity should maybe be 5% of your page count to give people a kick start and a daily… SHIP WARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

doggiecake wrote:

Annika can u give dystopian to eliela she's better suited for it than me I can take sci-Fi under my wing
aww…okay. i mean, i would take dystopian or reali-fi. maybe mystery. but yea i will give you sci-fi ill give her dystopian, probably, unless she has a second choice

ooh hey.
i’d love to take dystopiaaaaaan but if you or doggyee want to take it, i’m happy to lead another cabin.

God help the innocents

Dogyee
YIAAJSSIDTAI creator ❤ Fangirl ❤ Animator

EleiIa
Scratcher
19 posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

ooh hey.

oh no….

i'd love to lead mystery or fantasy as my second choices (lol why are we talking about this before signups are even closed?) xD
doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

ooh hey.

oh no….

i'd love to lead mystery or fantasy as my second choices (lol why are we talking about this before signups are even closed?) xD
I CHOOSE YOU PICACU PICAQUE PICACHUE AGHHH

Dogyee

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

well uh there's like six signups so we could only have 3-5 cabins…NEED MORE SIGNUPS. might have to get campers to be cos? IDK

doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

well uh there's like six signups so we could only have 3-5 cabins…NEED MORE SIGNUPS. might have to get campers to be cos? IDK
OOf maybe?

Dogyee

EleiIa
Scratcher
19 posts

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

OOf maybe?
ok im gonna go tell a load of people about src and potentially ruin my chances of leading
doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

EleiIa wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

OOf maybe?
ok im gonna go tell a load of people about src and potentially ruin my chances of leading
*Applauds*

Dogyee

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

doggiecake wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

OOf maybe?
*Applauds*
That UPS your chances…

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OK GUYS! So here's the leader situation so far. Really sorry if you don't get chosen, but it's not because we don't like you or your app. There's just not enough cabins/campers to go around. Plus, you can still be picked by a leader to co-lead. And the person who doesn't get chosen (rip you XD) will lead a backup cabin and replace an inactive co or leader! They can also help with adding points.

@Coder_Annika to @doggiecake: Including us two, there are 9 potential leaders. I want Dystopian. You want Fantasy. @FollowCherryBlossom wants Mystery. @CodingPython1 wants Fantasy or Sci-Fi. @Creativegirl9 wants Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Classics. @Bareera wants Classics, Mystery, Fantasy or Real-Fi. @MiraculousLover05 wants Fantasy, Classics, or Graphic Novel. @clove- wants Real-Fi. @MareMollyBarrow/@Eleiia/@Artemis- wants Dystopian or Mystery.
12 minutes ago

Also @Coder_Annika to @doggiecake: I think we should do 4 cabins: Dystopian, Fantasy, and two others. Plus a backup. Out of Mystery, Classics, and Sci-Fi, two are cabins and one is backup. Equal demand. You pick! We have 1 leader 1 co per cabin, and the last leader is a back-up leader or co in case of inactivity and will lead the backup if it becomes a thing. So me= Dystopian. You= Fantasy. Then I think Artemis should lead one other maybe; she was super active. We could recommend cos but leaders make the final call. Respond asap

EleiIa
Scratcher
19 posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

OK GUYS! So here's the leader situation so far. Really sorry if you don't get chosen, but it's not because we don't like you or your app. There's just not enough cabins/campers to go around. Plus, you can still be picked by a leader to co-lead. And the person who doesn't get chosen (rip you XD) will lead a backup cabin and replace an inactive co or leader! They can also help with adding points.

@Coder_Annika to @doggiecake: Including us two, there are 9 potential leaders. I want Dystopian. You want Fantasy. @FollowCherryBlossom wants Mystery. @CodingPython1 wants Fantasy or Sci-Fi. @Creativegirl9 wants Fantasy, Sci-Fi, or Classics. @Bareera wants Classics, Mystery, Fantasy or Real-Fi. @MiraculousLover05 wants Fantasy, Classics, or Graphic Novel. @clove- wants Real-Fi. @MareMollyBarrow/@Eleiia/@Artemis- wants Dystopian or Mystery.
12 minutes ago

Also @Coder_Annika to @doggiecake: I think we should do 4 cabins: Dystopian, Fantasy, and two others. Plus a backup. Out of Mystery, Classics, and Sci-Fi, two are cabins and one is backup. Equal demand. You pick! We have 1 leader 1 co per cabin, and the last leader is a back-up leader or co in case of inactivity and will lead the backup if it becomes a thing. So me= Dystopian. You= Fantasy. Then I think Artemis should lead one other maybe; she was super active. We could recommend cos but leaders make the final call. Respond asap

heyyy… (i know i’m not a leader or a host, but i’m nosy, okay) i feel like fewer cabins is a good idea because we don’t know how many campers will apply, and it evens out the competitition a bit more equally.

sorry, i shouldn’t really be suggesting things on here
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

-snip-

heyyy… (i know i’m not a leader or a host, but i’m nosy, okay) i feel like fewer cabins is a good idea because we don’t know how many campers will apply, and it evens out the competitition a bit more equally.

nah it's fine. *potential leader
so i agree. waiting for DOGGYEE HURRY UP XD so we can send out camper sign-ups. and pick cos

doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

-snip-

so i agree. waiting for DOGGYEE HURRY UP XD so we can send out camper sign-ups. and pick cos
WE ARE IN DIFFERENT TIMEZONES AND I HAVE SCHOOL god * school okay so i'm gonna see all the apps

Last edited by doggiecake (March 1, 2019 16:36:20)

Dogyee

doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

doggiecake wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

EleiIa wrote:

Coder_Annika wrote:

-snip-

WE ARE IN DIFFERENT TIMEZONES AND I HAVE SCHOOL gawd i hate school okay so i'm gonna see all the apps

Dogyee

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

aah sorry doggie. now to pick the last leader and who leads backup sci-fi. then we choose cos. i think i know who i want.

doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

aah sorry doggie. now to pick the last leader and who leads backup sci-fi. then we choose cos. i think i know who i want.
Whom do u want
EDIT: I want tiv

Last edited by doggiecake (March 3, 2019 09:31:54)

Dogyee

Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EVERYBODY:
Here are leader announcements!
Dystopian: Coder_Annika (annika)
Fantasy: Doggiecake (doggyee or doggie)
Mystery: -Artemis (artie)
Classics: MiraculousLover05 (mira)
Sci-Fi: Bareera (no nickname that I know of)

We have 4 confirmed cabins: Dystopian, Fantasy, Mystery, Classics. Sci-Fi will be the backup cabin if there are lots of signups.
Every leader (not bareera, sorry) needs to pick a co-leader within 24 HOURS or doggie and I may end up picking one for you as this info is needed for camper signups.

Bareera will replace any inactive leader or co AND they will lead the backup cabin if it ends up existing.

LEADER TASKS:
1. Pick co-leader and notify them.
2. Create cabin studio. PLEASE FOLLOW TEMPLATE, BUT YOU MAY CUSTOMIZE IT. Send me link
2a. Create cabin branding. You may do the following: 2 colors, 2 fonts, 1 “stamp” (ex: hearts, stars, dots, etc)
2b. Create cabin banner that will fit inside a signature. Must include at least one font and color from the branding and may include the stamp all over it.
2c. Duplicate banner and resize it to the size of a thumbnail for your studio.
2d. Put all this in a project and add to your studio.
2e. Put the banner in your sig.
3. Give me your page goal for the month of April along with any inactivity notices.
4. Give me one activity idea (optional).
5. Give me your bio.
6. Spread the word to potential campers!
7. Find us a writing crawl that we can book-ify and post the link.
8. Work with your leader to create some daily activities FOR YOUR OWN CABIN (not camp-wide unless they are a huge success)
9. Ask other cabins- time to form world powers for the wars! You may ally with one cabin and become enemies with two cabins. However, both of your enemy cabins are allied. So one will be your straight-out enemy, and the other will be your “neutral enemy”. Neutral enemies are not attacked as much, but still attacked. Allies are NEVER attacked. Maybe once on War Week. MAYBE. Anyway, both you and your co must agree with both the leader and co of the cabin you wish to ally/enemy/neutral enemy with.
10. Create a discuss/forum thread for your campers and post some stuff there if you wanna (optional).

CO-LEADER TASKS:
1. Join cabin studio (manager)
2. Help leader with branding/banner/thumb if they want BUT YOU BOTH MUST AGREE.
2e. Same as above.
3. Same as above.
4. Same as above.
5. Same as above.
6. Same as above.
7. Same as above.
8. Same as above.
9. Same as above.
10. Create (or join, if you're not the first one. If you have a thread created, YOU MUST POST THE LINK HERE OR IT WILL NOT BE OFFICIAL.) a thread for co-leaders so you can work with each other to find ways to improve the camp. Leaders may have their hands full - that's what you're here for! (optional)

BAREERA TASKS:
You have a very unique position! You are halfway between co-leader and camper statuses. You will lead the back-up cabin. You are not eligible to co-lead. However, you will manage your studio and add points and pages and help with activity and in the main studio. If the backup cabin becomes a thing, you will do normal leader duties instead. (task number)a means IF BACKUP CABIN NOT A THING. (tasknumber)b means IF BACKUP CABIN IS A THING. like, 12a if it not but 12b if it is. (<— example) (tasknumber) means REGARDLESS WHETHER IT IS A THING OR NOT.
1a. Same as LEADER TASK 1.
1b. Same as CO-LEADER TASK 1.
2a. Same as LEADER TASKS 2 through 2e.
2b. Same as LEADER TASK 2e.
3. Same as LEADER TASK 3.
4. Same as LEADER TASK 4.
5. Same as LEADER TASK 5.
6. Same as LEADER TASK 6.
7. Same as LEADER TASK 7.
8. Same as LEADER TASK 8.
9a. Same as LEADER TASK 9.
9b. Do nothing
10a. Same as LEADER TASK 10.
10b. Same as CO-LEADER TASK 10.

LEADERS PICK CO-LEADERS BY 11:00 PM EASTERN TIME (halfway between annika and doggie's times) SUNDAY MARCH 3rd. OR WE WILL PICK FOR YOU.
Recommendations (remember, this is JUST A RECOMMENDATION. YOU PICK):
Annika: I already chose clove-
Doggie: Wants “tiv” (CreativeGirl9)
Mira and Artie: So Mira is in the USA, and Artie is GMT. The remaining co-leaders are Python and Cherry. Python is also in the USA, and Cherry is GMT. You guys could either co with someone who is in the same time as you, to make it easy as you'd both be on around the same times. Or you could pick whoever isn't in the same time as you so that someone is on almost all day (multiple people being online at different times throughout the day) to make sure that campers get questions answered and points added quickly. AND prevent being caught unaware during wars and challenges.
So, you know, just decide among yourselves what works best for you. Please make sure you all agree

RECAP:
Okay, so this was a looooong update, sure. So: Mira and Artie need to pick co-leaders. Everyone (leaders, co-leaders, Bareera) has some stuff to do.
So, Bareera: You don't need to pick a co or create a studio or branding unless we let you know Sci-Fi will be a thing, but you can if you WANT to. We do need you to do BAREERA TASKS 3-8, please! Also, we'd like you to not do allies until we can confirm Sci-Fi as existing. You don't need to create a cabin forum until we confirm, but you may if you'd like. But please join the co-leader forum! We'd love for you to take part in the wonderful discussions of spam and off-topic-ness

THANKS GUYS AND WE HOPE SRC IS A SUCCESS!!!!

doggiecake
Scratcher
500+ posts

Elila will our cabins be allies? NYEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dogyee

Bareera
Scratcher
55 posts

A lot of things to do… I 'll do them

Last edited by Bareera (March 3, 2019 19:01:55)

MiraculousLover05
Scratcher
500+ posts

I don't think I can look at applications on my phone, so I will get on a computer later today and do what I can.

Quick note, I haven't done a banner before so I may ask for help on that.

Have fun everyone!

mira ⭒ she/her
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bareera: Thanks!
Mira: That's fine, your co might be able to help.
Also everyone: Here's an example studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/6016198/