Discuss Scratch

Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Changes to Paint Editor:
Added bitmap mode, along with numerous icon changes / edits!
Please try it out, and share your thoughts and suggestions on the Give feedback on paint editor, bitmap mode (1st draft!) thread!

Changes to website:
- password reset and password change functionality
- ‘studios I follow’ and ‘studios i own and curate’ added to userprofile
- static pages are now searchable at /search
- fixed remix count on homepage “community remixing” row
- Comment replies after the 4th are hidden by default, can be expanded.
- modal login with sign up message added to “Join Scratch” on homepage
- fixed scrolling in news/blog page
- numerous cloud variable fixes
- changed “/blog” to “/news”
- fixed image alignment with text on news/blog page
- link user icons in comments to their profiles

Scratch On!

Last edited by Lightnin (March 24, 2013 03:11:31)

Hinds
Scratcher
47 posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Yay!

Click to play Dodge it!
Can you get top highscore?
Give it a comment and a love-it too! I always love to see a ^^

tlangster
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Great!

Test account for FireNinjaGAME.
bullelk12
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Nice

Scratch 2.0 = Cloud Variables!
cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Bitmap editor! YAY!
ke1235
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Cool! Nice updates! could you make it so when you shift-click the set costume center it makes it the exact center? That would be very helpful.


It's the interrobang‽Hey! You found the hidden text!
CODE:0110010001100111011010000110010001100110011001110111001101101001011100000111001100110101001101010011010101110000011001110110011001110011011001110110011000000011

Some of my projects:
———————————
Cloud Lists (230char and caps!) is letter () capital? Saving Platformer test Random question of the (usually) day! Voting Engine (limit 9 options) <You can only vote once!
Lightnin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

ke1235 wrote:

Cool! Nice updates! could you make it so when you shift-click the set costume center it makes it the exact center? That would be very helpful.

Oh, it doesn't make it the exact center now when you just normal click? Can you explain how it is off (and a link to an example might help too.) Thanks!
ke1235
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Lightnin wrote:

ke1235 wrote:

Cool! Nice updates! could you make it so when you shift-click the set costume center it makes it the exact center? That would be very helpful.

Oh, it doesn't make it the exact center now when you just normal click? Can you explain how it is off (and a link to an example might help too.) Thanks!
I made a quick video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nfyt6hy962d7l9/Paint-setcostumecenter.wmv
It would be nice if you could make it the exact center instead of estimating where it is.

Last edited by ke1235 (March 21, 2013 19:10:07)



It's the interrobang‽Hey! You found the hidden text!
CODE:0110010001100111011010000110010001100110011001110111001101101001011100000111001100110101001101010011010101110000011001110110011001110011011001110110011000000011

Some of my projects:
———————————
Cloud Lists (230char and caps!) is letter () capital? Saving Platformer test Random question of the (usually) day! Voting Engine (limit 9 options) <You can only vote once!
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Cool!


cmot
Scratcher
89 posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cmot (March 21, 2013 20:02:25)



(YOU JUST LOST THE GAME.)
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

HEY!!! You can't put Vector and Bitmap in a costume together! I wanted to have Bitmap act as just another layer!

Last edited by Failord (March 22, 2013 00:52:47)


Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
Nomolos
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Whoo! I would like it if it was more like the 1.4 editor, but thanks anyway!

This account quit, but I'm still active on my other account, SilverEagle.

Hey! Are you not sure what you shouldn't be doing on Scratch? Reread the Community Guidelines, they'll help.
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Failord wrote:

HEY!!! You can't put Vector and Bitmapin a costume together! I wanted to have Bitmap act as just another layer!
Yeah… but it would be “confusing to young scratchers”.


7734f
Scratcher
500+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

YAY BITMAP! Thank you Scratch Team I shall now be innovative with 2.0!

AnimationsGalore
Scratcher
19 posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Can you please fix this or add the functionality? http://beta.scratch.mit.edu/forums/topic/2185/
PS good updates, so happy to have bitmap editing again

Last edited by AnimationsGalore (March 22, 2013 04:13:35)


Community-driven innovation, that's my vision.
That's why I have a passion for Scratch.
Follow the Dream, SCRATCH ON!
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Lightnin wrote:

- Coment replies after the 4th are hidden by default, can be expanded.
*Comment

Yay for bitmap!!!!


Want to write text in rainbow? How about uʍop-ǝpısdn? Or just sdrawkcab? Get the TextTools Chrome extension!
My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
axorion
Scratcher
14 posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Failord wrote:

HEY!!! You can't put Vector and Bitmap in a costume together! I wanted to have Bitmap act as just another layer!

I agree. Although you can mix vectors with a single bitmap object. This is the same as importing a bitmap. In ether case there is no way to edit the bitmap once you've moved on to the vector portion of costume creation. In short there is nothing added here I could not do with an external editor and a screen capture. (And I was hoping for multiple bitmaps in a single costume. Ha!)

Scratch is such an amazing product, I wish more adults would take interest. Of course I understand the primary goal is to make learning fun for young people. Over all 2.0 is a huge improvement. Plus, it seems ungrateful to complain when all this is offered free of charge. Thank you MIT.

EDIT: Not you, Failord. I'm trying to control my own complaining.

Last edited by axorion (March 23, 2013 07:00:36)

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Sorry if I sounded ungrateful. I'm really happy they finally added it. I'd just like one that acts like the old one. _meow_

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

ke1235 wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

ke1235 wrote:

Cool! Nice updates! could you make it so when you shift-click the set costume center it makes it the exact center? That would be very helpful.

Oh, it doesn't make it the exact center now when you just normal click? Can you explain how it is off (and a link to an example might help too.) Thanks!
I made a quick video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nfyt6hy962d7l9/Paint-setcostumecenter.wmv
It would be nice if you could make it the exact center instead of estimating where it is.
I think by “exact center” you mean the computed center - half way between the left and right image bounds and the upper and lower image bounds? That would be a very nice feature!

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
ke1235
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/21/13 Bitmap mode in paint editor, changes to the website

Paddle2See wrote:

ke1235 wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

ke1235 wrote:

Cool! Nice updates! could you make it so when you shift-click the set costume center it makes it the exact center? That would be very helpful.

Oh, it doesn't make it the exact center now when you just normal click? Can you explain how it is off (and a link to an example might help too.) Thanks!
I made a quick video:https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nfyt6hy962d7l9/Paint-setcostumecenter.wmv
It would be nice if you could make it the exact center instead of estimating where it is.
I think by “exact center” you mean the computed center - half way between the left and right image bounds and the upper and lower image bounds? That would be a very nice feature!
Yep!


It's the interrobang‽Hey! You found the hidden text!
CODE:0110010001100111011010000110010001100110011001110111001101101001011100000111001100110101001101010011010101110000011001110110011001110011011001110110011000000011

Some of my projects:
———————————
Cloud Lists (230char and caps!) is letter () capital? Saving Platformer test Random question of the (usually) day! Voting Engine (limit 9 options) <You can only vote once!

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile