Discuss Scratch

DudeAn1mat1ng
Scratcher
14 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

mcook1218 wrote:

So i'm trying to use a song that I want to use in one of my projects, but every time I drag it to my backpack it always says “Error loading backpack”. I've tried to get the same audio from different projects as well as using a different device to do this, but its always the same outcome. People have said its bc the audio is too long, but majority of my audio that's already in my backpack is the same length or longer. I've tried to put the audio into a different sprite and then put the sprite in the backpack, but that also failed.
yes this happened to me too @mcook1218
mcook1218
Scratcher
9 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

I have found a solution to everyone in need of assistance:

1. Go to the audio you'd like to put into your backpack

2. Highlight half of the audio, then copy it and delete the highlighted part of audio

3. Pick another random audio off the website (I used A Bass)

4. Delete the only the audio, not the slot its in

5. Paste the other half of audio you highlighted earlier

6. For it to come out as a full song in projects,
when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [ Part 1] until done
play sound [ Part 2 until done
end

I hope this helped anyone <3
garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Gaz0510 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 71.0.3578.98, No Flash version detected

This bug occurs when I try and move audio into my backpack in the 3.0 editor. It simply displays “Error loading backpack” upon dragging the audio into the backpack.
It started on the 3rd of January 2019, although it may have occurred before this.
It is in the backpack section of the 3.0 editor.
Find an audio file, upload it to Scratch and drag it to the backpack. If it displays “Error loading backpack”, then you have reproduced the glitch.
I would expect the audio file to drop into my backpack for use in other projects, like it did in 2.0.
It displays the message “Error loading backpack” instead.

Thanks, Gaz0510.
I have that same issue too! My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 81.0.4044.138, No Flash version detected

-BlueSocks-
New to Scratch
1 post

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

ME TOO! Sometime when I put a sprite into my backpack, it just loads and says Error Loading Backpack
Abcpunit
Scratcher
85 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

It happens to me as well. Try right-clicking a thing already in your backpack that you don't want anymore, then delete it by pressing the delete button. Then try, it should work.

I make 3D projects on scratch.
Kami-ko
Scratcher
100+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

same problem

Check out Super Battle Machine Boxing here!!!

Kami-ko is short for kami no ko (神の子)
mcook1218
Scratcher
9 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

If there is any code inside of the sprite, get rid of it & put it into the backpack separately than the sprite, try that it works for me
LeonB28
Scratcher
9 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

when green flag clicked
repeat until <>
<(costume #) = [50]>
next costume
end
SORRY I TRIED TO DO SOMTHING PLZ DON'T REPORT PLZ

Last edited by LeonB28 (June 3, 2020 09:20:23)

LeonB28
Scratcher
9 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

So I was grabbing huntedskellys sprite into my backpack It was loding for 12secs the it just said Error loding backpack plz fix this!
I was going to give credit

Last edited by LeonB28 (June 3, 2020 09:23:14)

Virus6120
Scratcher
100+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Its now happening to me. I am trying to put a sprite into my backpack. All the other sprites worked fine but this one doesn't work. The only thing unique about this one is that it has a blank sprite.

Welcoming all contributors, explorers, and kumquats

Heya there, I'm currently doing some renovations to my signature, but you're welcome to stay if you like.
firerubyx
Scratcher
8 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Try Reloading the page if not then you are on your own
firerubyx
Scratcher
8 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

OK i will try that
Spritesmasher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

pondermake wrote:

Thank you for sharing, and for giving all those helpful details! We're aware of the “Error Loading Backpack” and doing our best to fix this soon. Stay tuned.
i also have problems!
i tried to load an outro into my backpack and it displayed “error loading backpack” even though the backpack was practically empty at that time.
please fix all bugs of this kind!
Virus6120
Scratcher
100+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

I think this error is caused by the lack of a thumbnail scratch can produce for the item in the backpack. I had an error with a sprite with a blank costume, and others had an error while trying to put audio into the backpack. Scratch cannot produce a thumbnail from a blank sprite since there are no elements of the costume to center on when making the thumbnail. For the audio, I guess that scratch hasn't created a thumbnail for that, or maybe it had an error while trying to load in the audio thumbnail. However, I'm not the scratch team, so most likely I am wrong.

Last edited by Virus6120 (June 17, 2020 15:26:04)

Welcoming all contributors, explorers, and kumquats

Heya there, I'm currently doing some renovations to my signature, but you're welcome to stay if you like.
Saventa
Scratcher
2 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Mine does not work even tho I tried

Last edited by Saventa (June 17, 2020 19:43:25)

Mr_Bloxy
Scratcher
41 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

I found a workaround - export the sprite rather than backapck it.

Congratulations.
You have just witnessed great wisdom.
I hope.
<((1) + (1)) = [487540509.473574]>
IT IS TRUE!
neevcuber
Scratcher
11 posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Gaz0510 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 71.0.3578.98, No Flash version detected

This bug occurs when I try and move audio into my backpack in the 3.0 editor. It simply displays “Error loading backpack” upon dragging the audio into the backpack.
It started on the 3rd of January 2019, although it may have occurred before this.
It is in the backpack section of the 3.0 editor.
Find an audio file, upload it to Scratch and drag it to the backpack. If it displays “Error loading backpack”, then you have reproduced the glitch.
I would expect the audio file to drop into my backpack for use in other projects, like it did in 2.0.
It displays the message “Error loading backpack” instead.

Thanks, Gaz0510.

i reloaded the page and then it started working
HW_Games
Scratcher
500+ posts

Backpack Glitch in 3.0

Saventa wrote:

Mine does not work even tho I tried
From what I've seen this happens when you try to put too much in the backpack

Welcome to the Scratch forums.