Discuss Scratch

24mstumbo
Scratcher
3 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

When coding, is it possible to make the project part be on the left side instead of the right, like Scratch 2.0?
cuphead_bestgame
Scratcher
4 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

scratch 3.0 is bad, i cant go on any game on scratch and i cant go in editor when i go on any scratch game the screen is just blue and the same thing as in editor please fix it
maciej_sonski
Scratcher
29 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

PacManfan64 wrote:

The highly negative reactions to this update by a few people reminds me of what a handful of GoAnimators back in 2016 did when that website updated. Sure, things in 3.0 may not be good now, but you have to deal with them in the state that they're in at the moment or, heck, just use 2.0's offline editor. That still exists.
Either way there's no need to bash the team that much for changing the program.

We are just passionate about Scratch. Nobody is “bashing” anybody.

The reason many people code their project online is that you can publish it; give back to the community. Hence, not many people want to use an outdated version.

Also, we are definitely not going to just “deal with it”, I presume many people already left Scratch entirely or are just about to leave seeing that we still haven't received any notice from the team regarding the honest feedback from the community.
ariellazebra
Scratcher
52 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

scratch 3.0 is awesome! I don't get the ones who think it's not. Well, the main reasons are
empty backpack
looks different
problems with the new stuff

once 3.0 is launched, someone invited me to a hate 3.0 studio. I wondered if there were probably a lot of these studios. So I searched 3.0 and if I did popular or trending a studio called https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5013887/ shows up! So then I wondered how many of these studios there are so I searched hate 3.0. Well, there were only 2 studios there so I looked at both of them. the first one is https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5759706/ well, I saw that it was all 3.0 haters. In 3.0 I made a project! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/276683984/ it's called 3.0 is awesome! It's a small animation. Then I put it on the 3.0 haters studio! And I don't care if they report me or not but I want them to know that 3.0 is good and they should like and appreciate it! I'm fine with them saying it but would they mind saying that in their head? And I posted some comments. https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5759706/comments/ (if you want to see the comments) Also someone said that they will quit scratch because of 3.0! I wrote a long paragraph of that 3.0 is awesome! I don't care if that person reports me or not but he has to know that he should appreciate it! So then I checked out the other studio! It looked kind of old so I didn't do anything.
weegaweek
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

its still a bit buggy but it works much better than the dreaded flash player

(((((Do you have any spare poping tonic? I drank too much pushing potion, and now I'm stuck a few layers of parenthisis too deep.
professorgaspar
New to Scratch
5 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

I loved the scratch 3.0 but when tried to give a class with it i almost died. I was working with imacs, osx 10.6.8, and it started to crash and didn´t load most of the pages, just stayed blue and nothing more happens. I need to work with it in classes. Do you know what happened? The scratch 2.0 was loading really ok before this update.

2Amateurs
Scratcher
31 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

Thanks so much for all your hard work on 3.0! It's great! However, my project graphics look really unclear and foggy, especially in full screen. This is not the case in the costume editor mode. I have this problem with any project I own, view, or create. Scratch team, please fix this problem, as it makes my graphics look horrible, and tons of other people experience this too!
Paulor94
Scratcher
14 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

Well I think 3.0 is kinda good though but yeah they are still a lot of stuff that need to be fix right? Well ok I will wait.
BudgetMovies
Scratcher
1 post

Scratch 3.0 is here!

im gonna be real honest, i liked scratch 2.0 better than 3.0
things were a lot more simple on 2.0
i'll try to get used to the new format.

Last edited by BudgetMovies (Jan. 3, 2019 15:56:10)

AwesomeAuttie
Scratcher
1 post

Scratch 3.0 is here!

I really never tried the Camera or the pen setting in scratch, so for this year, I an going to try it in Scratch 3.0!
abhijato_scratch
Scratcher
18 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

Tobyvenom wrote:

i need help i when ever i put something in my backpack well it doesn't work it says error while loading backpack
same with me.
go to the backpack forums. I started it with this problem.

Last edited by abhijato_scratch (Jan. 3, 2019 16:02:15)

sylveonsweetie987
Scratcher
56 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

It's harder to make art with this weird new setup. I can't hold two colors at once, switch between sprites easily, or fill in clear. Please, Scratch, right this wrong.

Hoi! I'm Sylveon, an aspiring artist. Glad to see you!
There's a button on my profile that's blue. I'm not a fan of blue though, maybe you can turn it gray?
Psst- I'm weird sometimes. Just don't mind me.

Bye!
imdarealboss
Scratcher
11 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

on my computer i cant even ply its so laggy i cant even make a progect without it saying cant save i cant love it im not plying a lot not >

IMDAREALBOSS
|Dont forget to check out my profile and look at my projects|
https://scratch.mit.edu/
coolpapyrus96
Scratcher
2 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

My friend THE1234567890one is having trouble in the editor it will glitch out and he wont be able to see what hes coding can someone please fix that bug
i would very much appreciate it so my friend can make projects again
2Amateurs
Scratcher
31 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

BudgetMovies wrote:

Yes, Scratch 2 looked better in my opinion. But I guess we just have to get used to 3.0
imdarealboss
Scratcher
11 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

BudgetMovies wrote:

yes hes rit 3.0 stankz

IMDAREALBOSS
kirbyzaz
Scratcher
53 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

this community is concerning to me. Already im seeing many people bringing hate to you guys on how horrible your website is. Im having the same problem but since it has gone too far for me watching the pchaos unfold here. I have decided to quit scratch. Many scriots broke for almost all my projects. I have saved my backpack already but I see one of my followers @coppertale just had enough after not knowing about this he posted a message in rage that he quit because of it which scared me. But seeing many messages about projects not working isnt good. I expected this update to be god towards everyone but i guess rarely anyone enjoys it. I lost many good friends in my followers that i have made from the past and it hurts that they are gone. Please if you guys are able to do something to fix these problems on this update and to calm down this community's hate against scrstch team, it would be nice. thank you for releasing it anyways.

Last edited by kirbyzaz (Jan. 3, 2019 16:06:56)

imdarealboss
Scratcher
11 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

2Amateurs wrote:

Thanks so much for all your hard work on 3.0! It's great! However, my project graphics look really unclear and foggy, especially in full screen. This is not the case in the costume editor mode. I have this problem with any project I own, view, or create. Scratch team, please fix this problem, as it makes my graphics look horrible, and tons of other people experience this too!
scratch team can u plz fix the lag!!!!!!!!

IMDAREALBOSS
Mima-Explorer
Scratcher
10 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

when day is 2.1.2019.
set [Scratch v] to [2.0]
wait (13.00) secs
set pen color to [#0]
go to x: (0) y: (0)
say [Scratch 3.0 is here!] for (2) secs

Last edited by Mima-Explorer (Jan. 3, 2019 16:05:56)

abhijato_scratch
Scratcher
18 posts

Scratch 3.0 is here!

when flag clicked
clicked backpack
if<error loading backpack>then
go to the bugs and glitches forums and comment on the backpack part.
end

Last edited by abhijato_scratch (Jan. 3, 2019 16:08:37)