Discuss Scratch

BoronShokwaveGambit
Scratcher
37 posts

[SOLUTION] Collaborations

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip
There is a maximum number of 2 people allowed to work on a project at a time. That is, you can only send an invite to one other person. This way we don't have any games of “owner keep-away” where 3 other people send “It's your turn” messages to each other, and not the project owner. Doing this would also eliminate any use of “invite everyone” projects, which could just get confusing.

-snip
Maybe the Project owner can STEAL anybody else's turn so their turn would end early, so that there would be no owner keep-away
(sorry if someone else suggested this, too lazy to look)
Edt: added quote

Last edited by BoronShokwaveGambit (Feb. 21, 2024 01:21:01)

when green flag clicked
if <[forum post v] is [good v] ::sensing> then
repeat until <[forum post v] is [bad v] ::sensing>
edit post ::pen
end
end
previous signature deleted by ST lol
BoronShokwaveGambit
Scratcher
37 posts

alulatu wrote:

Suggestion: Make it so that there aren’t ‘turns’, but instead both people could work on it at any time. Also, when you close the project, you could have a ‘copy project’ button pop up, in case you want a private version of the project.

RejecteSujestions wrote:

2.1 Adding users to work on projects
Having multiple Scratchers work on the same project would be difficult to moderate not only due to technological limitations but also because it could lead to private messaging; for more information, see #7.1 on this list. This suggestion includes live editing (similar to Google Docs) and other forms of private collaboration. If you would like to work on a project with another Scratcher, you can remix each others' projects.

At the moment, a turn-based collaboration system for shared projects is NOT rejected; you can discuss it on this topic.

when green flag clicked
if <[forum post v] is [good v] ::sensing> then
repeat until <[forum post v] is [bad v] ::sensing>
edit post ::pen
end
end
previous signature deleted by ST lol
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

What would happen if something inappropriate was added? Who would get in trouble?

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

What would happen if something inappropriate was added? Who would get in trouble?
to fix this issue, you should be able to report the project version of the user before you. once you save changes to the project, the report button goes away (the one on the project page is still there of course)

Disclaimer: I can be extremely stupid at times
14 | Professionally soading since 1998™ | Can't view/post images | Useful forum posts | internetometer | weird notebok | 100th post | tax evasion clicker | RIP | 500th post | forum post hall of fame (#2) | 1000TH POST!! | Evolution of the Electric Guitar (essay)

get games off the trending music category!

a cool thing I found: if you type “(c​)” it will show up as ©

I decided to stop using the support convention

give me song suggestions on my profile (I mostly listen to rock and metal)

when tuned to [drop c v] :: hat events
repeat until <drenched in sweat? :: sensing>
blast some epic [system of a down v] riffs :: motion
end

iiii];​)
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bumper karts

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

A_Nyan_In_Space
Scratcher
100+ posts

BoronShokwaveGambit wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip
There is a maximum number of 2 people allowed to work on a project at a time. That is, you can only send an invite to one other person. This way we don't have any games of “owner keep-away” where 3 other people send “It's your turn” messages to each other, and not the project owner. Doing this would also eliminate any use of “invite everyone” projects, which could just get confusing.

-snip
Maybe the Project owner can STEAL anybody else's turn so their turn would end early, so that there would be no owner keep-away
Also, maybe, the owner has ALL THE POWER so the owner can decide who gets turns when
Gaber7777777
Scratcher
15 posts

I 100% support this idea i want this fight collabs would be so much easier and colaboration could mean better and bigger projects

Last edited by Gaber7777777 (Feb. 22, 2024 15:19:24)

chaos
when this sprite clicked
broadcast [Launch Codes v]

I am volatile
A_Nyan_In_Space
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip

-snip
There could be a message like “@CollaborationOwner has stolen your turn!”
forkmanb
Scratcher
100+ posts

A_Nyan_In_Space wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip

-snip
don't you think the word “steal” is a bit too mean? like, how would you feel if you got a message stating that someone had “stolen” your turn? probably not that good.
A_Nyan_In_Space
Scratcher
100+ posts

forkmanb wrote:

A_Nyan_In_Space wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip

-snip
don't you think the word “steal” is a bit too mean? like, how would you feel if you got a message stating that someone had “stolen” your turn? probably not that good.
Not really, I mean would “claimed” be better?
Boss_1s
Scratcher
100+ posts

A_Nyan_In_Space wrote:

forkmanb wrote:

A_Nyan_In_Space wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip

-snip
Not really, I mean would “claimed” be better?
Probably?
In my opinion, I would do “@owner1 has withdrawn your turn” to the person who originally had the turn, and to the rest of the collaborators, “@owner1 has taken @user1's turn” or something like that.

Do <Highlight+shift+down arrow ::sensing> to see the rest of my signature. ::hat :: events

Generation 11: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

Blocks Scratch should have:
substring [letter#1] [letter#2] [string] ::operators //finds the string between a string
pause [this script v] for (1) seconds ::control
(() or ()::operators)
(() and ()::operators) //same as the boolean, but for reporting
<my boolean ::variables> //only stores true or false
show all variables::variables
hide all variable::variables
show all lists::list
hide all lists::list
…and more!

Alt accounts: @Boss_1sALT(for cloud testing and other stuff), @Boss_1sARCHIVE(Archive of older game versions)

Hi, my name is @Boss_1s!
I'm 12 years old, and I joined Scratch to relearn block coding.
Other projects:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/869604293/ - cool MMO platformer
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/792424859/ - This is my first ORIGINAL game.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/914686250/ - NEW! Remixed an RPG from Griffpatch, though it's pretty boring right now…
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/895107188/ - NEW! Safe chat with anyone on Scratch, whitelist is present
Secret Special Advanced Project (SSAdP): COMPLETED!!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/946720515/

Predominant Languages:
I speak American English and Chinese.
我說美文和中文。

That's all for my signature, folks! cya!
Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Boss_1s wrote:

-snip-
Probably?
In my opinion, I would do “@owner1 has withdrawn your turn” to the person who originally had the turn, and to the rest of the collaborators, “@owner1 has taken @user1's turn” or something like that.
maybe “@owner has changed your turn” and “@owner changed @user's turn”

14 | Professionally soading since 1998™ | Can't view/post images | Useful forum posts | internetometer | weird notebok | 100th post | tax evasion clicker | RIP | 500th post | forum post hall of fame (#2) | 1000TH POST!! | Evolution of the Electric Guitar (essay)

end

iiii];​)
Boss_1s
Scratcher
100+ posts

Xzillox wrote:

Boss_1s wrote:

-snip-
Probably?
maybe “@owner has changed your turn” and “@owner changed @user's turn”
(whatever happened when I was trying to think of the right word?)
Yeah, that might work better than my suggestion.

Do <Highlight+shift+down arrow ::sensing> to see the rest of my signature. ::hat :: events

Generation 11: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

substring [letter#1] [letter#2] [string] ::operators //finds the string between a string
…and more!

Alt accounts: @Boss_1sALT(for cloud testing and other stuff), @Boss_1sARCHIVE(Archive of older game versions)

Hi, my name is @Boss_1s!
Other projects:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/914686250/ - NEW! Remixed an RPG from Griffpatch, though it's pretty boring right now…
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/895107188/ - NEW! Safe chat with anyone on Scratch, whitelist is present
Secret Special Advanced Project (SSAdP): COMPLETED!!! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/946720515/

Predominant Languages:
我說美文和中文。

_WOFDOG_
Scratcher
100+ posts

LuckyLucky7 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

I deleted some of it, its the first post.
It should have a circle like this:

user1 -> user2 -> user3 -> user4 ->
current turn: user2

If a new user is added in this senecio, they would either be added at the end (after user4) or last (after user1).

You can only give the turn to the next person (so user1 could only give it to user2, user2 could only give it to user3, etc.)

~ Welcome to my siggy! ~ Right click on this text and then hold shift + down arrow to see the rest! ~
<(EVIL KUMQUATS WELCOME :: #000eff) [WARNING: EVIL KUMQUATS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THIS. I HAVE GUARDS. (AT BOTTOM OF SIGNATURE)] :: #ff0000>
I play minecraft, here are some skins:
1. My favorite youtuber (grian) and his head

2. Invisible with blue eyes (bedrock only)

guard housing ⠀ ⠀  ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ :: #000eff hat
(-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) :: #000eff

(•_• :: #ff0000)

_WOFDOG_
Scratcher
100+ posts

SUGGESTION: when getting a request, you would be able to see what it is. This is so you don’t end up just joining a random thing.

~ Welcome to my siggy! ~ Right click on this text and then hold shift + down arrow to see the rest! ~
<(EVIL KUMQUATS WELCOME :: #000eff) [WARNING: EVIL KUMQUATS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EAT THIS. I HAVE GUARDS. (AT BOTTOM OF SIGNATURE)] :: #ff0000>
I play minecraft, here are some skins:
1. My favorite youtuber (grian) and his head

2. Invisible with blue eyes (bedrock only)

guard housing ⠀ ⠀  ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ :: #000eff hat
(-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) (-_- :: #ff0000) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) :: #000eff

Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_WOFDOG_ wrote:

SUGGESTION: when getting a request, you would be able to see what it is. This is so you don’t end up just joining a random thing.
you can just ask the person who sent the request on their profile, though i would imagine the project is already shared before being able to send a request

end

iiii];​)
The-Sushi-Cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Another question:

If User 1 removes User 2, then could they invite another user?

What would happen if the project was unshared? Would user 2 be removed from the collab? Or would it be unable to be unshared if there was a collab?

Making a counterargument? Look here first!
An evil kumquat ate my first username lol

Call me Sushi!

They/He/It/She in order of preference

A little part of me dies inside when someone says, “He/She” instead of just using they-

Try to refrain from saying, ‘No support’. It comes off as extremely negative. “The forums are for criticism! Don't post it you don't want it!” Agreed. But I never said that you should agree with everyone. No suggestion will ever be perfect
What sounds more constructive?
“No support, people would spam with it”
“This would lead to a lot of spam, since people can't get away from it. Not to mention, it might upset a few people with the way it's implemented”

In #1, you didn't help OP at all. You said you didn't like it, and why. Nothing else. Not even what was causing the issue of spam
In #2, you pointed out the flaws and the root causes of them. Flaws shouldn't always get a suggestion absolutely ignored

And simply supporting doesn't always help either. It's not a voting system, it's improving your ideas. There's going to be cons, there's going to be flaws, and that's the point of the suggestions. No suggestion is ever 100% perfect in any way
Here are some things you can look out for:
-Are there any flaws/cons that haven't been addressed or fixed?
-Is this idea fully flushed out? Or are there some questions you can ask?
-Are there any flaws that you know how to fix or do you know how to flush something out a bit more?
-Is there anyone else who is confused and needs some clarification?

If you don't have to do any of these, then you can move on!

Is a suggestion unable to be added because it's just impossible? Point out why and have them decide what to do next
But still, try not to say ‘no support’
Boss_1s
Scratcher
100+ posts

The-Sushi-Cat wrote:

Another question:

If User 1 removes User 2, then could they invite another user?

What would happen if the project was unshared? Would user 2 be removed from the collab? Or would it be unable to be unshared if there was a collab?

1. Yes and no. They can only invite for a certain amount of time, so as to avoid spamming.
I.E. User1 repeatedly adds then removes User2. After times, the Scratch moderator robot thingie picks it up and blocks User1 from inviting anyone for the next (5 min. increments). Kinda like the comments.

2. My opinion for that is to also add the project into User2's MyStuff, so that they can still work on it unshared. If User1 removes User2, then User2's MyStuff won't have the project in it.

…and more!

Hi, my name is @Boss_1s!
Other projects:

Predominant Languages:
我說美文和中文。

Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Boss_1s wrote:

2. My opinion for that is to also add the project into User2's MyStuff, so that they can still work on it unshared. If User1 removes User2, then User2's MyStuff won't have the project in it.
the project has to be shared at all times to prevent private messaging and so people can report any inappropriate changes made to the project

end

iiii];​)
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Xzillox wrote:

(#519)

Boss_1s wrote:

the project has to be shared at all times to prevent private messaging and so people can report any inappropriate changes made to the project
Once the collab is disabled, it should be able to be unshared.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more