Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♪ ♬ ~ вυzzy вee вannerѕ ~ a ѕнop ғor вee-υтιғυl вannerѕ ~ we can вυzz or we can creaтe, leт υѕ ĸnow wнaт acтιon тo тaĸe ~ ♬ ♪ [RSS Feed]
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

♪ ♬ ~ вυzzy вee вannerѕ ~ a ѕнop ғor вee-υтιғυl вannerѕ ~ we can вυzz or we can creaтe, leт υѕ ĸnow wнaт acтιon тo тaĸe ~ ♬ ♪

LotusLavender wrote:

redglitter wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

I think the topic title tends to get overlooked. Change it, maybe?

sti_scratch
Queen Bee's Deputy and Banner Teacher
What change do you propose? “Buzzy Bee Banners- A Brilliant Shop for Beautiful Banners”?
That's great - you could sneak a pun into there, like bee-utiful banners.
Nice! I’ll update soon
You should probably see what sti_scratch thinks though too.

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

♪ ♬ ~ вυzzy вee вannerѕ ~ a ѕнop ғor вee-υтιғυl вannerѕ ~ we can вυzz or we can creaтe, leт υѕ ĸnow wнaт acтιon тo тaĸe ~ ♬ ♪

redglitter wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

redglitter wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

sti_scratch
What change do you propose? “Buzzy Bee Banners- A Brilliant Shop for Beautiful Banners”?
Nice! I’ll update soon
Yep. Sti-Bee, what’s your thoughts? Anything to add?

My Profile || Contact me if you need any help or have any questions! || Buzzy Bee Banners ||

clove-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

clove- wrote:

Username/s: clove-
Why do you want to join the hive?: I love making banners for people, and want to be able to do it for more people than know about my own shop!
Postition you want: any (maker or teacher?)
Activity (daily? weekly?): 6/10 on week days, 9/10 on weekends
Banner Example (the more the better!):
Preferred Banner Type (shop, signature, etc): any
Banner-Making Program (canva?): canva
Have cubeupload or other image hosting site?: yup - cupeupload
Following Topic?: yup!
You are accepted as a worker bee, with the position of banner maker. Your example is promising enough, though there are things that can be improved. I will teach you tips for making banners soon, as I am a banner teacher. For now, please take and complete all untaken orders.

sti_scratch
Hi, thanks! I'll look forward to hearing your tips. Sorry I didn't get back to you, I've been sick this week.

former owner of buzzy bee banners and host of bbbb & src
soon-to-be college student in pennsylvania (studying math, education, & politics)
photography & ceramics enthusiast

pro-choice, pro-queer rights. always.

(she/they)

updated as of june 6, 2024.
LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

clove- wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

clove- wrote:

Why do you want to join the hive?: I love making banners for people, and want to be able to do it for more people than know about my own shop!
You are accepted as a worker bee, with the position of banner maker. Your example is promising enough, though there are things that can be improved. I will teach you tips for making banners soon, as I am a banner teacher. For now, please take and complete all untaken orders.

sti_scratch
Hi, thanks! I'll look forward to hearing your tips. Sorry I didn't get back to you, I've been sick this week.
Oh no! Hope you are better. You’ll be taught our tips soon

My Profile || Contact me if you need any help or have any questions! || Buzzy Bee Banners ||

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Buzzy Bee Banners Staff Training: Assignment 1
Read this text fully:
Banner-making Rules

Here are rules for our banner maker bees to make your banners more appealing to those who lay their eyes on any of them. These rules are important since the banner would be the first thing a person sees about a lot of things, especially shops.

1 Make sure you drag the viewer's eyes to the right spot; as an example, when making a shop banner, make sure the shop name is more appealing than the background. (All banners)

2 Do not put pictures with non-transparent backgrounds on the banner except when the whole background of the banner is covered in the picture, or maybe more than one picture. (All banners)

3 Make sure you have a color palette in mind, and keep with it for every banner related to what it relates to (e.g. a shop); ask for a color palette from the orderer. Convey to the customer that using generic colors such as the #FF0000 red and the #FFFF00 yellow. (All banners)

4 Make sure you keep to a certain theme in which the whole banner follows. As an example: When using a handwriting font in a medieval-themed banner, use a handwriting font where it looks like the text has been written with a quill and make sure that the handwriting style is an old writing style. (All banners)

-sti_scratch

Last edited by sti_scratch (Dec. 11, 2018 07:12:29)

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

redglitter wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

redglitter wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

sti_scratch
Nice! I’ll update soon
Yep. Sti-Bee, what’s your thoughts? Anything to add?
I think this would be nice: [BEE-UTIFUL BANNERS] Buzzy Bee Banners | We can buzz or we can create, let us know what action to take

-sti_scratch

Last edited by sti_scratch (Dec. 10, 2018 05:36:53)

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I decided to make another banner for the shop:

[img]http://u.cubeupload.com/redglitter08/c2IHz8.png[/img]
(P.S sorry about the watermark )

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

redglitter wrote:

<33 it so much! Sweet!
The watermark is really useful - means people can’t forget to credit. May I use it maybe?

clove-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

clove- wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

clove- wrote:

sti_scratch
Oh no! Hope you are better. You’ll be taught our tips soon
Thanks! Yeah, I'm feeling mostly better :)

soon-to-be college student in pennsylvania (studying math, education, & politics)

(she/they)

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

redglitter wrote:

<33 it so much! Sweet!
The watermark is really useful - means people can’t forget to credit. May I use it maybe?
Thanks so much, and of course! (You don't have to credit me, because of the watermark )

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

clove-
Phew! Oh btw, your super-quick starter course has started. It’ll work at your pace but you are trainee until you have completed it. It’s pretty quick- I run mine as basics post, 3 practice assignments with feedback then another to consolidate if necessary.
redglitter
Thank you! I may use it but I’ll be adding a new one soon after sorting the sizing (thanks for that too!). Also, loving the new siggy too!

clove-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

clove-
Phew! Oh btw, your super-quick starter course has started. It’ll work at your pace but you are trainee until you have completed it. It’s pretty quick- I run mine as basics post, 3 practice assignments with feedback then another to consolidate if necessary.
redglitter
Thank you! I may use it but I’ll be adding a new one soon after sorting the sizing (thanks for that too!). Also, loving the new siggy too!
cool! accepted the invite to the studio, and did/read 1st assignment

(she/they)

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shall I make a new assignment?
LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

Yep! Put it in the studio though

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

As a project?

P.S. Am I supposed to be a manager in the studio?

Last edited by sti_scratch (Dec. 11, 2018 06:40:34)

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

As a project?

As a comment. You could do projects if it worked better but after the basics I was just going to do practice assignments and feedback.

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

LotusLavender wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

As a project?

As a comment. You could do projects if it worked better but after the basics I was just going to do practice assignments and feedback.
It works better as a forum post, so as a forum post then. It's easier to post banners there and the formatting tools are way better.

Last edited by sti_scratch (Dec. 11, 2018 07:02:53)

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Buzzy Bee Banners Staff Training: Assignment 2
One of my jobs are to teach you based on how much you know, filling in the gaps in your knowledge and progressing afterwards. To achieve this, I am creating an assignment. Here are the steps:
1 Create a banner for this shop that includes “a shop for bee-utiful banners” in it. Play with lines, shapes, and fonts, and make it as appealing as possible. It is to be completed and submitted by 11:59 PM, December 15, 2018 UTC. Submit it by going to the official training studio and post the link for the image (uploaded via an image hosting site) in a comment.
2 If you have submitted it, wait for the grading results that will come before 11:59 PM, December 18, 2018 UTC. The grades are as follows:
O: Outstanding! This means that you have made your banner appeal more than even the existing shop banner, and your banner would excellently replace it! In fact, a grade like this means the banner would replace the existing one. Well done to anyone who reaches this score.
E: Excellent. This means that your banner is a banner that would appeal to people and drag them to this shop.
A: Alright. This means that your banner slightly appeals to people though would take a longer time to drag them to this shop than banners graded E or O.
U: Unappealing. This means that your banner does not appeal to people.
ZackandIvy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banner Type: I need one to put in my forum thread for my roleplay
Banner Maker: I don't care, as long as I'm able to put it in a forum thread
Colors: Blue for the ocean, and an orange-pinkish sunset sky
Text: Pirates of the Barbary Coast
Fonts: Papyrus, unless you can find a more pirate looking font
Pictures: Ships on the ocean in a sunset, maybe some fire because of a battle, and the text
Size: Something that will fit on the forums, about the size of the banners you have on this forum
Other details: Maybe add some objects to show there is a battle

Thank you! No rush, just tell me when you finish!

Projects:
Grand Strategy Pen

LotusLavender
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZackandIvy wrote:

Banner Type: I need one to put in my forum thread for my roleplay
Banner Maker: I don't care, as long as I'm able to put it in a forum thread
Colors: Blue for the ocean, and an orange-pinkish sunset sky
Text: Pirates of the Barbary Coast
Fonts: Papyrus, unless you can find a more pirate looking font
Pictures: Ships on the ocean in a sunset, maybe some fire because of a battle, and the text
Size: Something that will fit on the forums, about the size of the banners you have on this forum
Other details: Maybe add some objects to show there is a battle

Thank you! No rush, just tell me when you finish!
Taken!

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ♪ ♬ ~ вυzzy вee вannerѕ ~ a ѕнop ғor вee-υтιғυl вannerѕ ~ we can вυzz or we can creaтe, leт υѕ ĸnow wнaт acтιon тo тaĸe ~ ♬ ♪ [RSS Feed]