100+ posts

The THIRD OLD Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

I really like the character design in Sonic
Oh, which? Sonic 1/CD/2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure (all upgrades), Sonic Adventure 2 (all upgrades), Sonic Heroes, Sonic '06, or Unleashed/Colors/Generations/Forces?
Well I generally prefer the classic designs (Classic Amy Rose is my favorite) but really just all the games (except for 06, nothing good came out of it except for the music) have nice character design to me
I prefer SA2, Unleashed, and the '06 designs for Sonic and Shadow, at least for the in-game models. For promotional art and stuff like that, I like Sonic, Shadow, and Silver.
I like the Unleashed models because they are really smooth and nice and the SA2 promo art is probably my favorite
I do too. The Unleashed models still look good after 12 years. That may be due to the Hedgehog Engine working so well.

Sonic the Hedgehog wrote:

Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.

—————————————————————————————
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan! Make sure to check out my projects, and follow me!
Dolphins989
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

Oh, which? Sonic 1/CD/2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure (all upgrades), Sonic Adventure 2 (all upgrades), Sonic Heroes, Sonic '06, or Unleashed/Colors/Generations/Forces?
Well I generally prefer the classic designs (Classic Amy Rose is my favorite) but really just all the games (except for 06, nothing good came out of it except for the music) have nice character design to me
I prefer SA2, Unleashed, and the '06 designs for Sonic and Shadow, at least for the in-game models. For promotional art and stuff like that, I like Sonic, Shadow, and Silver.
I like the Unleashed models because they are really smooth and nice and the SA2 promo art is probably my favorite
I do too. The Unleashed models still look good after 12 years. That may be due to the Hedgehog Engine working so well.
Yeah, although I do very much prefer the classic designs because they have a nostalgic feeling to me

I don't give a hee ho- Abraham Lincoln
sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

Dolphins989 wrote:

Yeah, although I do very much prefer the classic designs because they have a nostalgic feeling to me
The art work by Nato Oshima (for the Classic designs) are good, but the western ones… ehhhhhhh. Yuji Uekawa's art designs (for the Adventure designs) are also really good. And thankfully, they weren't redone for the west!

Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.

ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

technoguyx wrote:

I really like the stills they drew for each character in Sonic Adventure, the artists managed to make each character just exude personality and energy and aaaaaaaaaaa

just
Snip, see here

I read somewhere that they were inspired by street art/graffiti style. I wish the 3D models did them as much justice though
Honestly, my favorite two Sonic designs are SA1/2's Artwork, and Advance's Artwork

Welcome! This is my forum signature!

<<Favorite game?> Kinda hard to decide, maybe Smash Ultimate, maybe Mario Super Sluggers, etc.>
<<How active are you?> Forums and comments are pretty high, but the rate that projects get shared is low for now.>
<<How finished is this signature?> As you can tell, I'm kinda running out of ideas *And space!*. I'll add more later.>

Piglin D A N C E

Quagsire
McScreamyBear
Scratcher
100+ posts

Has anyone beaten SA1 before? i mean beating perfect chaos?

sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

McScreamyBear wrote:

I've gotten through Sonic's Story, Tails' Story, Knuckles' Story, Amy's Story, and E-102's Story before I got mods. Then my progress got deleted.

silvxrcat
Scratcher
90 posts

*boop*

I have changed from @DabDatBass

I am now a true sonic fan
more of a tails/silver fan tho

you: dont eat my siggy
me: *consumes*
me again: what is this “siggy” you speak of
aahilahsan
Scratcher
36 posts

McScreamyBear wrote:

i beat it

Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

aahilahsan wrote:

McScreamyBear wrote:

i beat it
Me too! It was so awesome!!

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

Least favorite Zone, everyone? For me, it would be Titanic Monarch Zone from Sonic Mania. I thought, as a final zone, it was awful and lifeless of any action or excitement.

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
silvxrcat
Scratcher
90 posts

StarDude3 wrote:

Least favorite Zone, everyone? For me, it would be Titanic Monarch Zone from Sonic Mania. I thought, as a final zone, it was awful and lifeless of any action or excitement.
OH MY GOSH THE FLYING BATTERY ZONE IS HARD IT TOOK ME A WEEK TO FINISH SO THAT'S MY LEAST FAVORITE

you: dont eat my siggy
me: *consumes*
me again: what is this “siggy” you speak of
sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

silvxrcat wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

OH MY GOSH THE FLYING BATTERY ZONE IS HARD IT TOOK ME A WEEK TO FINISH SO THAT'S MY LEAST FAVORITE
Flying Battery is kinda hard, but for me, what really stung was the boss in the Mania recreation.

sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

StarDude3 wrote:

Least favorite zone, hmm… Metropolis Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Little fun fact, did you know that Mirage Saloon Zone from Mania, was actually based off of Sand Hill Zone from Sonic 2? Unfortunately, this stage was cut from the final game.
Did you know that there was gonna be a stage in Sonic 2 called Genocide City Zone?

Sastalkham
Scratcher
100+ posts

what is the worst sonic related thing you have seen?

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is the best Game Boy Advance game, you cant convince me otherwise!

13 years of searching has come to an end! I found the most mysterious song on the internet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXHyS9DoWM
codesysy
Scratcher
14 posts

I havent seen any of the movies yet which one do you recommend me to read first
Sastalkham
Scratcher
100+ posts

codesysy wrote:

What? I can't understand what your trying to say.

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga is the best Game Boy Advance game, you cant convince me otherwise!

13 years of searching has come to an end! I found the most mysterious song on the internet! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXHyS9DoWM
sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

codesysy wrote:

Do the 2020 movie, then the 1999 OVA.

Sastalkham
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonic__fan wrote:

codesysy wrote:

I thought the new movie came out in 2019?!

sonic__fan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Sastalkham wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

codesysy wrote:

No, it was delayed for Valentine's Day 2020.

aahilahsan
Scratcher
36 posts

sonic__fan wrote:

Sastalkham wrote:

sonic__fan wrote:

codesysy wrote:

No, it was delayed for Valentine's Day 2020.
yeah. the sequel is coming on April 8th 2022

Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets