Discuss Scratch

StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

ComixMaker wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

sakf504 wrote:

Which do you all think is the weakest Sonic game of the Classic era? IMO Sonic CD is, i replayed it plenty of times and i always thought that it had a poor level design, don't working well with neither the exploration and the speed.
Are we talking just the mainline series on the Genesis or any Sonic game from the early to mid 90s? If the latter, I'm sure there's something a lot worse than Sonic CD from that era
I could make a list:

The racing games are okay, but the modern ones do it much better because of better hardware and a bigger screen.

Knuckle's Chaotix: Fun concept, doesn't really work well with Sonic. Not a bad game, just the tether mechanic kinda ruins it all.

Sonic CD: Not a bad game at all, just the weakest mainline classic game. Time travel is the main mechanic, so the level design had to be built around it, making the game play very slow. Most of the stages colors (wacky workbench) clash way to much, and most of the bosses are baby easy level.

Sonic Labyrinth: When you look at it as a normal game, it's a pretty meta puzzle game. That just makes me wonder, why sonic? (I wonder if this was skinned as a sonic game to push up sales.)

Sonic Blast: Absolutely awful. Bad level layouts, 3d graphics don't work well on the game gear. Mediocre soundtrack; most of the music is repetitive. Crown to the single-worst sonic stage–and dare I say game stage–has to go to blue marine zone. Pure trash. You just have to experience the trash that ruined a mediocre to awful game to pure garbage yourself. Not it's fault though, it was rushed to promote the 3 game release they were doing with Sonic 3D and the (cancelled) Sonic X-treme.
True, CD's bosses were absolutely PATHETIC.

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

OK, related to @sakf504's question: Which do you think is the STRONGEST game from the classic Sonic era? For me it would probably be either Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (& Knuckles) or Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear) Sonic 2 on the Game Gear is very underrated.

-Patrick Star
ComixMaker
Scratcher
100+ posts

StarDude3 wrote:

OK, related to @sakf504's question: Which do you think is the STRONGEST game from the classic Sonic era? For me it would probably be either Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (& Knuckles) or Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Game Gear) Sonic 2 on the Game Gear is very underrated.
Sonic 2, 3,Sonic 1 SMS or Triple Trouble, wish they ported it to SMS.

Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."
-Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991
If you want, you could give me an internet here.
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

ComixMaker wrote:

StarDude3 wrote:

Sonic 2, 3,Sonic 1 SMS or Triple Trouble, wish they ported it to SMS.
Honestly Sonic 1 on the SMS was good, but a bit easy. Not too easy though.

-Patrick Star
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

hey everyone, im yaov_1991 just on a new account. ive come back to say that ive been making a fangame through this time.

its called sonic havoc, have this (slightly outdated) mockup. please note things are subject to change!

if you have any questions you may ask. since i barely use scratch anymore i may take some time to respond.
you made me want to remake sonic blast but…
i'm split on advance style or game gear style
so i made 2 mockups
which one looks better

StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

hey everyone, im yaov_1991 just on a new account. ive come back to say that ive been making a fangame through this time.

its called sonic havoc, have this (slightly outdated) mockup. please note things are subject to change!

if you have any questions you may ask. since i barely use scratch anymore i may take some time to respond.
Really cool! Did you design the sprites as well? Also where are you going to make it?

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

so i made 2 mockups
which one looks better

The Game Gear style looks better. It would fit well too, since the original Sonic Blast was on Game Gear.

Last edited by StarDude3 (Oct. 20, 2020 16:31:30)

-Patrick Star
DaJumpJump
Scratcher
4 posts

StarDude3 wrote:

DaJumpJump wrote:

Really cool! Did you design the sprites as well? Also where are you going to make it?
yep, all the sprites were made by yours truly. also i have already said its going to run on gamemaker studio 1.

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

DaJumpJump wrote:

so i made 2 mockups
which one looks better

i recommend making new assets, in the typical sonic game gear style.

dajumpjump (awesome!!)#1998
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You can use Vocodes to generate an AI text-to-speech impression of Ciwei Sounike!!!

(WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. CUBEUPLOAD IS DOWN. MEANWHILE, ENJOY THIS:)

Hmmm…
Thejaysonicdude2
Scratcher
21 posts

I am bacc
TryyalAzureboarder
Scratcher
100+ posts

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

You can use Vocodes to generate an AI text-to-speech impression of Ciwei Sounike!!!
Uh-oh. Brace for impact!! Incoming "Please, SEGA, don't turn me into " memes!!!

Gotta go fast!
-TryyalAzureboarder-
DabDatBass
Scratcher
500+ posts

oh wow found this

HELLO!
Welcome to my siggy! CTRL + SHIFT + DOWN to see more of it

My Siggy Protectors: (o_o :: #ff0000) (0w0 :: #00aaff) ($ o $ :: #adadad) (q-q :: #00abbb) (uwu :: #aaffba) (:3 :: #FFA500) (l - l :: #0FBD8C):: custom
Undermemes
Scratcher
500+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

Oh my gosh! i am loving this mock up! but then again i absolutely love how you use pixel art so yeah!

i am not making projects anymore but i am very active in the forums so meet me there
The forums i am on
The beepbox.co forum
The mother/earthbound forum
The undertale forum
The deltarune forum
The sonic the hedgehog forum
The Bosca Ceoil forum… ya thats about it… Topic's that i made The BassoonTracker Topic
Thejaysonicdude2
Scratcher
21 posts

So uh.,.Anybody wanna talk?
ComixMaker
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thejaysonicdude2 wrote:

me

Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets."
-Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991
If you want, you could give me an internet here.
Thejaysonicdude2
Scratcher
21 posts

ComixMaker wrote:

Thejaysonicdude2 wrote:

me
Alrighty then
Thejaysonicdude2
Scratcher
21 posts

Nothing much so have this.
Ian123asd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Heya! Just returning to Scratch! What did I miss?

Also, here's a fangame I'm working on.
Thejaysonicdude2
Scratcher
21 posts

Ian123asd wrote:

Heya! Just returning to Scratch! What did I miss?

Also, here's a fangame I'm working on.
You missed a lot buddy, also noice fangame.
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thejaysonicdude2 wrote:

Nothing much so have this.

nothing much so here's a WIP design of fox sonic for a project i'm working on

DabDatBass
Scratcher
500+ posts

can somebody get me a ripped eukawa sonic sprite pls

HELLO!
Welcome to my siggy! CTRL + SHIFT + DOWN to see more of it

My Siggy Protectors: (o_o :: #ff0000) (0w0 :: #00aaff) ($ o $ :: #adadad) (q-q :: #00abbb) (uwu :: #aaffba) (:3 :: #FFA500) (l - l :: #0FBD8C):: custom