StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

arogix342 wrote:

successgamer wrote:

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

snip
I love sonic! It has interesting games and others!

when green flag clicked
say Sonic Rocks! for (2) secs
uh you didn't have to copy the ENTIRE header…
Exactly. In this case, just leave a post.

Last edited by StarDude3 (Oct. 14, 2020 12:09:20)

And now, some wise words…

“Is Mayonnaise an instrument?”

-Patrick Star
arogix342
Scratcher
100+ posts

478 pages. cool.

your resident sega fan. i also animate from time to time

SONIC ADVENTURE 3 2021 LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
define my self esteem
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

arogix342 wrote:

478 pages. cool.
WAAAAAY past cool!

Last edited by StarDude3 (Oct. 16, 2020 12:33:08)

-Patrick Star
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*has been sayd for a year because there has been no whisper the wolf plush*

*searches up “whisper the wolf plush”*

*finds out fans have made whisper plushes for themselves*

*me right now*

(WE ARE HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. CUBEUPLOAD IS DOWN. MEANWHILE, ENJOY THIS:)

Hmmm…
sakf504
Scratcher
100+ posts

Which do you all think is the weakest Sonic game of the Classic era? IMO Sonic CD is, i replayed it plenty of times and i always thought that it had a poor level design, don't working well with neither the exploration and the speed.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sakf504 wrote:

Which do you all think is the weakest Sonic game of the Classic era? IMO Sonic CD is, i replayed it plenty of times and i always thought that it had a poor level design, don't working well with neither the exploration and the speed.
Are we talking just the mainline series on the Genesis or any Sonic game from the early to mid 90s? If the latter, I'm sure there's something a lot worse than Sonic CD from that era
ComixMaker
Scratcher
100+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

sakf504 wrote:

Are we talking just the mainline series on the Genesis or any Sonic game from the early to mid 90s? If the latter, I'm sure there's something a lot worse than Sonic CD from that era
I could make a list:

The racing games are okay, but the modern ones do it much better because of better hardware and a bigger screen.

Knuckle's Chaotix: Fun concept, doesn't really work well with Sonic. Not a bad game, just the tether mechanic kinda ruins it all.

Sonic CD: Not a bad game at all, just the weakest mainline classic game. Time travel is the main mechanic, so the level design had to be built around it, making the game play very slow. Most of the stages colors (wacky workbench) clash way to much, and most of the bosses are baby easy level.

Sonic Labyrinth: When you look at it as a normal game, it's a pretty meta puzzle game. That just makes me wonder, why sonic? (I wonder if this was skinned as a sonic game to push up sales.)

Sonic Blast: Absolutely awful. Bad level layouts, 3d graphics don't work well on the game gear. Mediocre soundtrack; most of the music is repetitive. Crown to the single-worst sonic stage–and dare I say game stage–has to go to blue marine zone. Pure trash. You just have to experience the trash that ruined a mediocre to awful game to pure garbage yourself. Not it's fault though, it was rushed to promote the 3 game release they were doing with Sonic 3D and the (cancelled) Sonic X-treme.

Last edited by ComixMaker (Oct. 17, 2020 05:30:35)

“Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.”
-Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991
ComixMaker
Scratcher
100+ posts

I bet that by the time we reach 500 pages, Sega will have announced the next mainline sonic game(s).

“Don't just sit there and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, do it right away. Do it when you can. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.”
arogix342
Scratcher
100+ posts

sakf504 wrote:

sonic the hedgehog 3, i like what they did with knuckles but one you know he turns good in the sequel, and it just seems thrown together.
also sonic cd is best sonic game ever

define my self esteem
arogix342
Scratcher
100+ posts

ComixMaker wrote:

I bet that by the time we reach 500 pages, Sega will have announced the next mainline sonic game(s).
at the rate it's going, i could bet on that.

define my self esteem
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

arogix342 wrote:

ComixMaker wrote:

imagine a sega employee being on this topic and noone knows, and when it hits 500 pages they just yell “WE CAN ANNOUNCE THE NEW SONIC GAME NOW”

Annihimations
Scratcher
25 posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

arogix342 wrote:

ComixMaker wrote:

imagine a sega employee being on this topic and noone knows, and when it hits 500 pages they just yell “WE CAN ANNOUNCE THE NEW SONIC GAME NOW”
Scratch is getting big enough to the point where we can actually say that.
DaJumpJump
Scratcher
4 posts

hey everyone, im yaov_1991 just on a new account. ive come back to say that ive been making a fangame through this time.

its called sonic havoc, have this (slightly outdated) mockup. please note things are subject to change!

if you have any questions you may ask. since i barely use scratch anymore i may take some time to respond.

dajumpjump (awesome!!)#1998
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

hey everyone, im yaov_1991 just on a new account. ive come back to say that ive been making a fangame through this time.

its called sonic havoc, have this (slightly outdated) mockup. please note things are subject to change!

if you have any questions you may ask. since i barely use scratch anymore i may take some time to respond.
what software you using?

sakf504
Scratcher
100+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

It looks quite nice even if the mockup is outdated
DaJumpJump
Scratcher
4 posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

what software you using?
the game is going to run on gamemaker studio 1. it wont use any pre existing sonic frameworks due to there not being any master system/game gear sonic engines.

ComixMaker
Scratcher
100+ posts

DaJumpJump wrote:

For some reason I can't see the image, and when I tried to visit the url I got a 404.

DaJumpJump
Scratcher
4 posts

your problem then :trolled:

MeIzAwezomeDede
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonic on his way to send you to minecraft:

So phil, is it?
StarDude3
Scratcher
100+ posts

sakf504 wrote:

TBH kinda true. I like it but I always found it kinda overrated in my opinion.

-Patrick Star