ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Do I have a problem for seeing the Classic fanbase as closed-minded and kind of spoiled?
I know that isn't everyone who enjoys Classic Sonic, but they just seem to like ignoring the problems with their own games so as to set them on a pedestal, while still criticizing anything that isn't either a Genesis game or Mania.
I get that critizing any 3D Sonic game just because it isn't Genesis is a bit harsh. But Sonic 2006, Sonic Boom; Rise of Lyric, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces were bad, and they were all 3D Sonic games, so anyone who liked the 2D Sonic games thought they had an edge.

It's like when Waluigi got revealed for Smash Ultimate as an assist trophy, some people posted offensive memes, and several news articles chewed them out. Nintendo fans went ahead and chewed out ANYONE who complained that their favorite character is an Assist Trophy.
Well the Classic Sonic era has Sonic Labyrinth so yeah
Exactly. Classic Sonic had bad games like 3D Blast and the Sonic 1 GBA port. But do they care? No.
Ok i think they all agree that Sonic 1 GBA is horrible

Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Do I have a problem for seeing the Classic fanbase as closed-minded and kind of spoiled?
I know that isn't everyone who enjoys Classic Sonic, but they just seem to like ignoring the problems with their own games so as to set them on a pedestal, while still criticizing anything that isn't either a Genesis game or Mania.
I get that critizing any 3D Sonic game just because it isn't Genesis is a bit harsh. But Sonic 2006, Sonic Boom; Rise of Lyric, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces were bad, and they were all 3D Sonic games, so anyone who liked the 2D Sonic games thought they had an edge.

It's like when Waluigi got revealed for Smash Ultimate as an assist trophy, some people posted offensive memes, and several news articles chewed them out. Nintendo fans went ahead and chewed out ANYONE who complained that their favorite character is an Assist Trophy.
Exactly. Classic Sonic had bad games like 3D Blast and the Sonic 1 GBA port. But do they care? No.
TBH, the 3D games are more likely to be mediocre. Also 3D Blast was by a different developer. I like the classic style much more than any of the 3D games. (MASSIVE TANGENT AHEAD) I don’t like Sega giving Sonic a huge story. He’s a cartoon hedgehog made to rival an overweight plumber. Have fun with it.

SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

TBH, the 3D games are more likely to be mediocre. Also 3D Blast was by a different developer. I like the classic style much more than any of the 3D games. (MASSIVE TANGENT AHEAD) I don’t like Sega giving Sonic a huge story. He’s a cartoon hedgehog made to rival an overweight plumber. Have fun with it.
It could be because I like 2D platformers a lot more than 3D platformers. BTW, I’m not saying that 3D Sonic is all bad. You had Adventure 1&2, Colours and Forces was slightly better than average.

SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here’s an unpopular opinion!
Greg Martin’s Sonic is a great design for the classic period.

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

unpopular'nt opinion

stats / profile / 500+ posts
smm2 maker id: K6F-6XK-B2H
ywot / scratch wiki
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

Can we have a discussion on that port?

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 1500 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

I had it once. It was horrible.

SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

unpopular'nt opinion
Wait! People actually agree?

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

what about the sonic 1 mobile port and the horrible curse of the sega forever program

ywot / scratch wiki
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

Not a fan of how it sounds and how little of the stage you can see

Booking tickets to LA so I can join the boys when we go to Area 51
Smash Ultimate Mains: Joker (71), Peach (13) / Daisy (13ϵ) | 10.9K+ posts

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Honestly, if I were to make my own Sonic game I wouldn't be able to decide on a gameplay style.
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

what about the sonic 1 mobile port and the horrible curse of the sega forever program
All of Sonic’s mobile ports are great! Christian Whitehead is the G.

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

no, im talking about the mobile port selling its soul to the sega forever thing

ywot / scratch wiki
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

no, im talking about the mobile port selling its soul to the sega forever thing
Yeah where's our Sonic 3 Mobile Port?

Booking tickets to LA so I can join the boys when we go to Area 51
Smash Ultimate Mains: Joker (71), Peach (13) / Daisy (13ϵ) | 10.9K+ posts

Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

what about the sonic 1 mobile port
The mobile ports were fine. It's just the presentation that's the problem.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 1500 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

I got a Rom for it and loaded it in VBA, and it had the Health and Safety Startup unlike any of the other Roms i ran.
Now i see why.
THE MUSIC WILL DRIVE YOU INSANE
Take a listen.
Gotta say, though, I do like the idea of having Labyrinth Zone played with a guitar.

Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
tenzinmishti
Scratcher
500+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

o h l o r d t h a t d e s i g n

this one is way better

please check out this animation i made
please vote: https://strawpoll.com/8h251ksh
countryhumans and countryballs are both equally good. well, in the future, they'll be. but it won't happen unless we change the countryhumans fandom. my dream is to change the said fandom into something that won't be looked down on. i hope more people join the effort as well.

yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

tenzinmishti wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

o h l o r d t h a t d e s i g n

this one is way better
no, greg martin sonic is the true classic sonic

ywot / scratch wiki
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

im talking about the sega forever versions
full of ads

ywot / scratch wiki
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

yaov_1991 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

ScratchCatBoo wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Yup.

im talking about the sega forever versions
full of ads
It was worse when it started using ads then it is now.
Originally, it was hard to see the character options the ads were so large.

Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!