Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Do I have a problem for seeing the Classic fanbase as closed-minded and kind of spoiled?
I know that isn't everyone who enjoys Classic Sonic, but they just seem to like ignoring the problems with their own games so as to set them on a pedestal, while still criticizing anything that isn't either a Genesis game or Mania.

In our minds, we all have a game with the power of a thousand Cave Stories.
But true power is to make just one.

-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
You can check some of them out here, & Knuckles.
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Do I have a problem for seeing the Classic fanbase as closed-minded and kind of spoiled?
I know that isn't everyone who enjoys Classic Sonic, but they just seem to like ignoring the problems with their own games so as to set them on a pedestal, while still criticizing anything that isn't either a Genesis game or Mania.
i can respect that
im a quite out there fan and can see your reasoning
classic sonic is my fav still
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And yes, I am playing Mania. The one thing I'm expecting from it at this point is good level design.

-Hahasamian
Hey! You into Sonic? I've been trying hard to whip up some really good projects surrounding this blue blur!
Or alternatively, you can check out all my projects by heading right to my profile (here).
dreamlandsonic
Scratcher
500+ posts

Spycapt54 wrote:

dreamlandsonic wrote:

Spycapt54 wrote:

Yesterday I downloaded the BetterSADX mod with the hopes of getting Sonic Adventure to run better on my laptop, but whenever I tried to adjust my control mapping or exit a mini-game (the mod adds those back in), the game would lock up. There's no way to change the controls outside of the game, unlike vanilla SADX.
R.i.p
And all I had to do in the first place was reduce the game's resolution (screen size/number of pixels). I didn't even need the mod. I did like the Dreamcast Lighting and the improved visuals and the mini games, though. (I uninstalled the mod and the game and re-installed the game when I started having issues with the mod).
I know nothing about what you just said. Xd

Name: Dream
License: Certified Idiot.

You'r Contract has Expired I:3

“You got your soul back! You feel relieved, energized, and just the usual amount of empty!”

“This isn't a sitcom Perry the Platypus, This real life!”
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

We've had the same observation.

Sonic Mania is one of my favorite games of all time, though.
dreamlandsonic
Scratcher
500+ posts

Spycapt54 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

We've had the same observation.

Sonic Mania is one of my favorite games of all time, though.
Oh nice

Name: Dream
License: Certified Idiot.

You'r Contract has Expired I:3

“You got your soul back! You feel relieved, energized, and just the usual amount of empty!”

“This isn't a sitcom Perry the Platypus, This real life!”
ScratchCatBoo
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

To be honest, I'm a classic fan, but i do have some problems with Mania. Because i enjoyed Studiopolis more then, say Green Hill.
They did some pretty neat things with Chemical Plant and stuff, but i really enjoyed the new zones.
They're really going with Nostalgia with Sonic Mania, but the whole “Oh cool haven't seen Angel Island in a while” is really wearing off.
My point is, all the times Classic Sonic appears, he really is locked to a sorta “Genesis Style” thing where he does a lot of stuff from the genesis games (Like, Classic running in the air in Generations like in the genesis games) so, i really want SEGA to do something new with him, not just a Character because nostalgia, but i want him to be a character on his own, more than just “oh yeah Sonic back in the Genesis games”
So, yeah. That's my problems with Modern Classic Sonic. (Also, another thing that bugs me is that he doesn't speak, i know a lot of people have said it, but it just really troubles me, like in the early Archie comics, he talked. In Sonic CD, he talked. In the american cartoons, HE TALKED. Heck, in SegaSonic The Hedgehog, he also talked. I don't mind him being like Mario where he has a voice, he just doesn't speak directly. However, Classic Sonic lacks a voice whatsoever.) Ok, for real this time, these are my problems with Modern Classic Sonic.

Hi! I'm an active forums user, who will probably active in all of the topics below!
Topics I'll be on:
Sonic
Super Cat Tales
Pokemon (Sometimes)
Super Smash Bros.
Super Mario Maker 2
Mega Man
I'm on Roblox as well!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

What about the Dreamcast Sonic fanbase?

Booking tickets to LA so I can join the boys when we go to Area 51
Smash Ultimate Mains: Joker (71), Peach (13) / Daisy (13ϵ) | 10.9K+ posts

Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I get that critizing any 3D Sonic game just because it isn't Genesis is a bit harsh. But Sonic 2006, Sonic Boom; Rise of Lyric, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces were bad, and they were all 3D Sonic games, so anyone who liked the 2D Sonic games thought they had an edge.

It's like when Waluigi got revealed for Smash Ultimate as an assist trophy, some people posted offensive memes, and several news articles chewed them out. Nintendo fans went ahead and chewed out ANYONE who complained that their favorite character is an Assist Trophy.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 1500 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

I get that critizing any 3D Sonic game just because it isn't Genesis is a bit harsh. But Sonic 2006, Sonic Boom; Rise of Lyric, Sonic Lost World and Sonic Forces were bad, and they were all 3D Sonic games, so anyone who liked the 2D Sonic games thought they had an edge.

It's like when Waluigi got revealed for Smash Ultimate as an assist trophy, some people posted offensive memes, and several news articles chewed them out. Nintendo fans went ahead and chewed out ANYONE who complained that their favorite character is an Assist Trophy.
Well the Classic Sonic era has Sonic Labyrinth so yeah

superspongebobbros
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I noticed that with the Sonic Adventure fanbase as well.

Fun Fact: If you are a furry and claim that there is nothing wrong with your fanbase, then you are deluding yourself.
(This game is noice)
(Same with this game.)
Topics I'm likely to be in:
Sonic
Mario
Thing that ruined the Mario fanbase R. I. P.
Other thing that ruined the Mario fanbase

Wario
Baldi

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superspongebobbros wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

I noticed that with the Sonic Adventure fanbase as well.
Well I'm not one of those people. I do prefer SA2 over the other 3D games in its style, but actually I really enjoy Boost games and… Sometimes Classic Sonic. It often feels too bland for me. But as long as it's done well, I enjoy the core gameplay.

Last edited by hahasamian (May 19, 2019 02:32:48)

-Hahasamian
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

What about the Dreamcast Sonic fanbase?
I think the pedestal SA2's story is put on is just as annoying as the pedestal Sonic 3 & Knuckles is put on.

Not gonna lie, I think SA2's story is a big mess and tries way too hard to be dark and edgy.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Got these at Walmart today. Surprisingly cheap! The whole pack was only $6,

(Silvispher drawing has decided to take a temporary stay in my signature. I'm not betraying Silvee and Tanglispher or anything, it just wanted a stay and I was generous.)

It's been over 20 years since Sonic the Hedgehog first burst on the scene in a blur of blue and red. Since that dazzling debut, Sonic has dabbled in all sorts of genres-racing, snowboarding, pinball-but Sonic Mania goes back to where it all started, grabbing rings and racing round loop-the-loops. It has sprite-based graphics, which means it's pixelated like the original Sonic games were, and classic levels like Green Hill Zone return with new twists throughout. Best of all, it has the old crew back together again to stop Robotnik. Along with Sonic Boom: Fire and Ice and a brand new 3-D game [Sonic Forces], there's never a better time to be a Sonic fan.

- Game On! 2018 (pg. 122)
My secret forum weapon (seizure warning)
Hmmm…
Hmmm…
Hmmm…
Shadow is not amused
scratcherjack9000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

Sock the Hedgehog

Over 3000 posts
Where there is not light, there can spider!
Pokemon Showdown-TBG's-Drawception
Give an internetJoin the Chair of Republicpeak performance

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Sock the Hedgehog
Socnic
Shaock
Taisock
Metal Socnic
Super Socnic
& Kunckles

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super Sneaks and Sonic Socks

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
But seriously, Check this out!
berryjam3506
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

Sock the Hedgehog
Socnic
Shaock
Taisock
Metal Socnic
Super Socnic
& Kunckles
But where's Amy Sock
Ryrie36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Exactly. Classic Sonic had bad games like 3D Blast and the Sonic 1 GBA port. But do they care? No.

when green flag clicked
move (2) steps
KABOOM
Nintendo Fan/Forum Hobbit/G-PG humor at the wrong time.
Over 1500 posts and counting.

Check out my second account, BiIvaMunner! It has high quality video game rips!
berryjam3506
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryrie36 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Ryrie36 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Exactly. Classic Sonic had bad games like 3D Blast and the Sonic 1 GBA port. But do they care? No.