Discuss Scratch

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Sonic the Hedgehog Topic

Since the previous Sonic the Hedgehog topic, about 400 pages, was lagging for some people, I decided to start a new one. Here's a link to the first Sonic topic. Second Sonic topic. Below, post anything about Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA's most popular video game franchise and one of the most iconic video game franchises in the world. If you're a Sonic fan, drop in!

Sister topics: If you're about to post about shipping, direct yourself to the Sonic shipping topic. Sonic fan universe content now belong in the Facts/Concepts about your own Sonic universe topic. For general SEGA discussion, come over to the SEGA topic.

What is Sonic the Hedgehog?
Sonic the Hedgehog is a science fantasy platform video game franchise by SEGA. Taking place in a world where humans and anthropomorphic animals (basically Golden Age of Animation styled funny animals with Japanese traits) co-exist, it's about a speedy blue hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, who tries to foils the plans of the vicious mad scientist, Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotik and save animals throughout a speed-based environment. Rings are scattered around and springs are ready to be bounced on! As the series marches on, Sonic approaches more detailed and dangerous stories involving Eggman's new plots and encounters of more animals with unique superpowers including Miles “Tails” Prower, Silver the Hedgehog, and Amy Rose. Despite how tough and difficult the solution is, Sonic never loses!

If you like animals, robots, fast-paced action, and/or anything science fiction, Sonic the Hedgehog is for you!

Is Sonic the Hedgehog age-appropriate?
Yes, yes, of course. Unlike most of other SEGA's games, Sonic the Hedgehog is kid-friendly video game series and suitable for all ages. There's some cartoon violence, such as robots being smashed and Sonic falling with this rings tossed, however it's pretty mild and contains no gore. Some games have darker concepts, for example: Sonic gets killed in Sonic ‘06 and Shadow uses guns in Shadow the Hedgehog; but it’s no big deal. Be careful though, some Sonic fan content are obscene and inappropriate for minors.

Resources for learning about the blue blur
*Those were removed by the mods because they were ticked off by the warning of mature content being located somewhere in the site, so I have added them again but without links.

Things you can talk about or share
  • All of the Sonic games, modern, Dreamcast, or classic
  • Yo' favorite characters, either hero, anti-hero, or villain
  • Catchy Sonic music, with lyrics or not
  • Sonic TV shows (such as Sonic X and Boom)
  • Sonic Moblie apps
  • Sonic comic books (Archie, STC, and IDW)
  • Sonic OVA
  • The upcoming Sonic film
  • The Sonic fandom (fan art, fan fiction, fangames, fan videos, fan music, fan characters, etc.)
  • Sonic memes (such as Sanic and “It's no use”)
  • Sonic merchandise (such as plush, figurines, apparel, and food)
  • Hacks of Sonic games and bootleg games
  • Theories and rumors (headcanons are accepted)
  • Official Sonic events and conventions (such as the Summer of Sonic, Sonic Boom, and E3)
  • Sonic-related news
  • Anything Sonic!

Rules and notices

It's recommended that you learn about Sonic the Hedgehog before jumping into the conversation (visit the links in the resources to receive the gift of hedgehog knowledge), because there might be some aspects which may confuse non-Sonic fans.

Remember, only Sonic stuff in this forum can be in this topic. Any other Sonic topics will be considered duplicates. It's the official rule. The only exception is if it really needs to be discussed outside this topic, such as being a flamebait.

And please follow the community guidelines. Nothing inappropriate or offensive, such as graphic violence and gore, sexually (and obviously) suggestive or explicit things, profanity, discrimination, and usage or encouragement of alcohol/drug abuse. Although Sonic is for kids, the fandom can become REALLY REALLY nasty and produce stuff which NO ONE but them wants to see. (NFE/mild PG-13 content, such as minor bloodshed, is okay if there's a warning. You can mention Sonic fanwork with obscene content, except for egregiously R-rated works or X-rated ones, just don't go into detail.)

Also, be friendly, no flaming. Never be troll Blaze. If you want to criticize something, you can but please do it in a kind and friendly way so everyone will appreciate it. Downright negative will upset some users and no one wants that. Please also refrain from discussing topics that have caused flaming in the past, such as shipping. Don't forget to report any flamebaits that pop up. (SERIOUSLY, the second topic got closed three times due to the blazing flames.)

Please, spam is a NO-NO. You may post a couple of Sonic-related memes and funny content you find on the Internet SPARINGLY as long as you allow us to go with an interesting discussion.

I'm not sure but there might be some spoilers, especially if we're talking about a game we're playing.

Please report any post in which you think might be obscene or harmful.

If you are not interested in Sonic the Hedgehog, do not want to discuss about it, or disagree with these rules, I'll say one word: leave.

FAQ
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/2038456/ (no longer updated, but check it out if you want)

Stay Sonic!

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (May 16, 2019 13:36:18)

On a Sunday, riding my bike,
I notice, I notice, different things that look alike
I notice, I notice, many many things that look alike

Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

hi sonic is gud thx

youtube trends:
first

Last edited by Danny_Shellstar (Nov. 16, 2018 23:18:24)

I LIKE MARSHMELLO
I CAN FLY!! DUUUU DU DU DU DU DU DUDU DUDUDU DU DU DU DU
B EMOJI
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I need to find a way to put Biddy the Traveling Hedgehog, who was an Instagram star, in my Sonic universe.

SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looks like some people need better computers if they’re lagging at only four hundred pages.

Did I mention that I am cool?
THE APOCALYPSE HAPPENS TOMORROW

Alexa, play Space Invaders.
Scooperax
Scratcher
100+ posts

yeet new topic

AAlanScratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This again.

Up on melancholy hill
There's a plastic tree
Are you here with me
Just looking out on the day
Of another dream

Well you can't get what you want
But you can get me
So let's set out to sea
'Cause you are my medicine
When you're close to me
When you're close to me

So call in the submarines
'Round the world will go
Does anybody know her
If we're looking out on the day
Of another dream

If you can't get what you want
Then you come with me

Up on melancholy hill
Sits a manatee
Just looking out for the day
When you're close to me
When you're close to me
When you're close to me
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

Looks like some people need better computers if they’re lagging at only four hundred pages.
I have a good computer, it's my internet connection that's bad

abs(win) | brad | lego yoda death sound | Sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ Sᴇɴsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ | Sword & Shield looks cool ok | nabbit
Pokémon Breathe (connects to Pokémon Sleep) | mine diamonds (parody of take on me) | ok news: Vox deletes Youtube ads
Smash Ultimate Mains: Joker (71), Peach (13) | this signature updates occasionally | 10.2K+ posts

EEEEEE
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

I have a good computer, it's my internet connection that's bad
My Internet connection is so bad that sometimes it drops below DSL levels.

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

My internet connection's not that bad. The old topic didn't really lag for me anyway, it just took a bit longer to load

abs(win) | brad | lego yoda death sound | Sᴏᴜɴᴅᴄʟᴏᴜᴅ Sᴇɴsᴀᴛɪᴏɴ | Sword & Shield looks cool ok | nabbit
Pokémon Breathe (connects to Pokémon Sleep) | mine diamonds (parody of take on me) | ok news: Vox deletes Youtube ads
Smash Ultimate Mains: Joker (71), Peach (13) | this signature updates occasionally | 10.2K+ posts

EEEEEE
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

My internet connection's not that bad. The old topic didn't really lag for me anyway, it just took a bit longer to load
I guess I’m used to lag, then.
friggin’ sixty seconds

superspongebobbros
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Insert witty comment relating to the video topic at hand here

Fun Fact: If you are a furry and claim that there is nothing wrong with your fanbase, then you are deluding yourself.
(This game is noice)
(Same with this game.)
Topics I'm likely to be in:
Sonic
Mario
Thing that ruined the Mario fanbase R. I. P.
Other thing that ruined the Mario fanbase

Wario
Baldi

maxgap12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sorry you didn’t get to do your 420 joke

hey bros i made a baldis basics thread and a mafia city thread
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superspongebobbros wrote:

That should be my new ringtone.

I've seen the Mario one.

maxgap12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1 minute and 44 seconds of pure heaven

hey bros i made a baldis basics thread and a mafia city thread
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think I’m hallucinating. I think I should get to sleep now. *brushes teeth*

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ahh… a fresh new start. How many topics now?

I LIKE MARSHMELLO
I CAN FLY!! DUUUU DU DU DU DU DU DUDU DUDUDU DU DU DU DU
B EMOJI
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

This is apparently the third one, as the old topic was renamed “the second old Sonic the Hedgehog topic”, but I'm sure there's been more

EEEEEE
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

This is apparently the third one, as the old topic was renamed “the second old Sonic the Hedgehog topic”, but I'm sure there's been more
Correction: it’s the third that was made by PPL.
There have actually been four, and I’ve been on all of them.

creeperking0403
Scratcher
100+ posts

SuperDoom wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

their has been many

To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step…"
- Sonic CD box
Facts/concepts about your own Sonic universe.
url=https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/303959/] super smash bros topic .
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperking0403 wrote:

SuperDoom wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

their has been many
well we like to talk about sonic i guess

EEEEEE