bump

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nicknames, a Username Change compromise

Wait did I not post on this yet? Anyway, support. It'll definitely be convenient for those who complain about their username all the time. Or also, it would be a cool feature is for example, we want people to call us A rather than B, etc.

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
Inkulumo
Scratcher
500+ posts

I think this could work similar to the Steam nickname system where you can show Inkulumo (Nickname1337) or rather, with a user set option, just Nickname1337 then hover over it to see the real name. Support if implementation is like this.

Last edited by Inkulumo (Dec. 10, 2018 06:42:36)

student20008931
Scratcher
26 posts

Excellent idea, very well thought out! Support.
Zizzle8383
Scratcher
100+ posts

absolute support, nicknames would be great, because people call me zizzle8383, if you have a nick, people will most likely call you with the nick, eg; Zizz- or Ziz- or zizzle. if any of them are taken, there are many other nicknames to use, i want this,

Hyperbowls will live on!

It's Selltick, PPA.
Scratch_Attacker
Scratcher
87 posts

There are now many new ideas with this compromise, but wouldn’t a “title” of some sort be less confusing?

Example: Scratch_Attacker - The True Bazinga Master -

The name would be on top, with the nickname underneath. New scratchers will only be able to have a single word after the preset “the”. But scratchers would be able to add more like my example. Maybe staff could change it’s color, so it’s more recognizable for new people to find them for help.

i have left scratch. forget about me
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch_Attacker wrote:

There are now many new ideas with this compromise, but wouldn’t a “title” of some sort be less confusing?

Example: Scratch_Attacker - The True Bazinga Master -

The name would be on top, with the nickname underneath. New scratchers will only be able to have a single word after the preset “the”. But scratchers would be able to add more like my example. Maybe staff could change it’s color, so it’s more recognizable for new people to find them for help.
That could work.

StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Thanks for all the thought and attention that you have put into this idea. While we appreciate the effort, we will not be implementing this at this time. primarily because It adds a lot of complexity to the site - both from the coding aspect and from the community usage and moderation aspects.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;