Discuss Scratch

pingasopera
Scratcher
56 posts

Bad Word Detector

laughmaker wrote:

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there
several times I tried to make a comment the Bad Word Detector tells me to chance my comments, even though I used no bad words at all!
e.g. when I am saying about the Vocaloid Song “Fukkireta”, the anime “Kurosh i tsuji” or… I actually wanted to make this comment

These tutorials are very old and I had no clue back then, you shouldn't rely on them. I used UTAU of course, but enveloped a very own voicebank type and created this voicebank on my own, so it's actually a bunch of work.
Also: Did you ever try to load a different voicebank? Because if you use a romaji (english letters) UST on Defoko, who only supports hiragana (japanese letters) CV, it won't work.

I understand that this website needs a bad word detector and I really appreciate this idea, but why does it keep on telling me I am saying bad words when I actually don't?

~ LSG

in fukkireta, the first 4 letters look like the f word and in Kurosh i tsuji, the last 2 letters of Kurosh, the i, and the first letter of tsuji look like…um…well, the word theat starts with the first 2 letters of she and next is the 3rd vowel and ends with T
yeah, the other word for poop.

FREE EVIL KUMQUAT FOOD
maxminecraft111
Scratcher
6 posts

Bad Word Detector

I also had that glitch, but I don't use bad words. I do not like them at all.
amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bad Word Detector

I Tried typing FCC once. (Federal Communications Commission) and it didn't like it!

Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!

When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=

friendship2468
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bad Word Detector

pingasopera wrote:

laughmaker wrote:

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there
several times I tried to make a comment the Bad Word Detector tells me to chance my comments, even though I used no bad words at all!
e.g. when I am saying about the Vocaloid Song “Fukkireta”, the anime “Kurosh i tsuji” or… I actually wanted to make this comment

These tutorials are very old and I had no clue back then, you shouldn't rely on them. I used UTAU of course, but enveloped a very own voicebank type and created this voicebank on my own, so it's actually a bunch of work.
Also: Did you ever try to load a different voicebank? Because if you use a romaji (english letters) UST on Defoko, who only supports hiragana (japanese letters) CV, it won't work.

I understand that this website needs a bad word detector and I really appreciate this idea, but why does it keep on telling me I am saying bad words when I actually don't?

~ LSG

in fukkireta, the first 4 letters look like the f word and in Kurosh i tsuji, the last 2 letters of Kurosh, the i, and the first letter of tsuji look like…um…well, the word theat starts with the first 2 letters of she and next is the 3rd vowel and ends with T
what? Poop?

I love HARRRYYYYY POTTTEEERRRR
I am LGBT, panromantic
I code on my iPad mostly
Melanie
amateurradiogeek15
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bad Word Detector

friendship2468 wrote:

pingasopera wrote:

laughmaker wrote:

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there

~ LSG

what? Poop?

Uh um. Unfortunately, yes. The other word for ah um ahem…..*cough*

Work of @PeaInAPod

Come on down and join us!!

When All Else Fails, There's Amateur Radio!!!
It could save your life!
Proud Member of The Holland Amateur Radio Club.
Thousands of clubs around the planet!
Emergency communications!
Lots of Fun!
Join the Ultra Player Collaboration making a Cloud Multiplayer Game!!!!!
Multiplayer siggy=

abh206
Scratcher
76 posts

Bad Word Detector

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there

~ LSG
Well?

<(y) = (((m) * (x)) + (b))>
friendship2468
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bad Word Detector

amateurradiogeek15 wrote:

friendship2468 wrote:

pingasopera wrote:

laughmaker wrote:

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there

~ LSG

what? Poop?

Uh um. Unfortunately, yes. The other word for ah um ahem…..*cough*

A word? Or feces means poo?

I am LGBT, panromantic
I code on my iPad mostly
Melanie
ShadowFlareX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bad Word Detector

pingasopera wrote:

SuperNicky wrote:

GyroscopeBill wrote:

It's called the Scunthorpe problem: I found a similar thing once when I was typing ‘smash it’ in the project description. I can do it now, though. They used to block ‘skyscraper’, apparently!
I know why its very bad swear word in there
Remove the skys and er from skyscraper and you will see a VERY BAD WORD! :O
i studied very closely, then I saw it… :O
Thats not a bad word
I think you're just overreacting a bit.

just to annoy you I put empty lines here <3

friendship2468
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bad Word Detector

ShadowFlareX wrote:

pingasopera wrote:

SuperNicky wrote:

GyroscopeBill wrote:

It's called the Scunthorpe problem: I found a similar thing once when I was typing ‘smash it’ in the project description. I can do it now, though. They used to block ‘skyscraper’, apparently!
I know why its very bad swear word in there
Remove the skys and er from skyscraper and you will see a VERY BAD WORD! :O
i studied very closely, then I saw it… :O
Thats not a bad word
I think you're just overreacting a bit.
Yeah it's the guy who invented the toilets last name

I am LGBT, panromantic
I code on my iPad mostly
Melanie
Diamond_Projects
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bad Word Detector

laughmaker wrote:

Little_sweet_girl wrote:

Hello there

~ LSG

Actually, the first 6 letters.
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bad Word Detector

Does Scratch have a whitelist or blacklist? Bc a white list would take soooo long.
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bad Word Detector

Haiming wrote:

Does Scratch have a whitelist or blacklist? Bc a white list would take soooo long.
It has both.

It has a blacklist to block bad words, and a whitelist to let certain phrases get around the blacklist (such as the aforementioned skyscraper.)
emememily789
Scratcher
36 posts

Bad Word Detector

I wonder if they have the name Asa blocked… Probably not though
when I receive [ somebody said the boy name Asa v]
broadcast [ totally freak out and say it's a swear word]

Last edited by emememily789 (Nov. 25, 2014 23:50:43)

I make utaus XD I probably already have way too many designs, but I need voicers.

PLEASE VOICE AN UTAU FOR ME IF YOU HAVE TIME PLEEEAASSE

Oh and you can either call me emememily789, emememily, or Emily.
Harakou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bad Word Detector

Yes, our filter is a little oversensitive. It's an unfortunate tradeoff between some false positives and not missing actual bad words. (Especially when someone tries to go around the filter.) At this point though, this thread seems to have turned into people just trying to find out which words you can say, which isn't really the purpose. Closing.