Discuss Scratch

dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

So here's a recap of everything Pokémon-related I did in the last few hours:

I played Akinator and tried to get it to guess certain Pokémon. It guessed all of the Gen VIII starters without fail, but I beat it when trying for Sandy. (That Eevee that Lana owns with the unique hairstyle.)

I was also looking for a few other things to share here, so I found this site. It looks like these are iPhone stickers, so I might get some myself, although I highly doubt it.

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
zaxpo
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

ok, so i got a new 2DS XL cause i accidentally cracked the pen holder, and i need to fold some DS.
i can now play pokemon moon with friends
which i have been doing
also lol i haven't logged onto the forums in so long
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

dual_creator43 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone wants to participate in this challenge, but I guess you could try.
I kinda suck at 3D modelling, but sure. For an extra challenge, I'll do it in Roblox Studio, assuming it doesn't crash my computer again.
You can try it if you want. If Roblox Studio is easier, do it there so that the Pokémon is at least okay. (i.e. doesn't look like this or this)

cheese-duck wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone wants to participate in this challenge, but I guess you could try.

Apparently that’s trending because Japanese CG artists are making fun of a dude claiming you can put all Pokémon in Sword and Shield because it only takes like five minutes to render a Pokémon.
And then it turned into a full-fledged challenge where you tried to render a Pokémon in 5 minutes or less, and now the hashtag exists.
Thanks Internet
i would like to do it but i don't know squat about 3-d models. or twitter, for that matter
But I love when someone says something stupid online and it turns into the whole world making fun of them
If I did do it, I would probably make a model of Mew because I like it more than most and it doesn't seem too hard to model.

sowut123 wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

I think Wooloo's an easy one to do.
People have tried modeling Wooloo before, like right here.

PiinkInkling wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

im still learning blender lol
You can always practice with Pokémon modeling, but I wouldn't recommend doing the 5-minute time constraint.

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

can someone tell me what the challenge is? my computer wont let me go to the page

You have to make a 3D model of a Pokémon in five minutes. It started because Japanese artists wanted to roast a guy who said there was no reason for any Pokémon to be missing from Sword and Shield because it only took five minutes to render a Pokémon.
i dont have any 3D modeling software but i bet i could make voltorb or electrode in 5 minutes lol
You could also try Jigglypuff because it's also somewhat round.
Do Jigglypuff from above.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

dual_creator43 wrote:

So here's a recap of everything Pokémon-related I did in the last few hours:

I played Akinator and tried to get it to guess certain Pokémon. It guessed all of the Gen VIII starters without fail, but I beat it when trying for Sandy. (That Eevee that Lana owns with the unique hairstyle.)

I was also looking for a few other things to share here, so I found this site. It looks like these are iPhone stickers, so I might get some myself, although I highly doubt it.
Akinator can't guess specific Pokémon lol
He can guess Zygarde but not Squishy, Mega Charizard X but not Alain's Charizard
Only exception is that he guesses every specific Pikachu (Ash's Pikachu, Cosplay Pikachu, etc.) instead of just plain old Pikachu.
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

M1mikyu wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

I kinda suck at 3D modelling, but sure. For an extra challenge, I'll do it in Roblox Studio, assuming it doesn't crash my computer again.
You can try it if you want. If Roblox Studio is easier, do it there so that the Pokémon is at least okay. (i.e. doesn't look like this or this)

cheese-duck wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

Apparently that’s trending because Japanese CG artists are making fun of a dude claiming you can put all Pokémon in Sword and Shield because it only takes like five minutes to render a Pokémon.
And then it turned into a full-fledged challenge where you tried to render a Pokémon in 5 minutes or less, and now the hashtag exists.
Thanks Internet
i would like to do it but i don't know squat about 3-d models. or twitter, for that matter
But I love when someone says something stupid online and it turns into the whole world making fun of them
If I did do it, I would probably make a model of Mew because I like it more than most and it doesn't seem too hard to model.

sowut123 wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

You can always practice with Pokémon modeling, but I wouldn't recommend doing the 5-minute time constraint.

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

can someone tell me what the challenge is? my computer wont let me go to the page

You have to make a 3D model of a Pokémon in five minutes. It started because Japanese artists wanted to roast a guy who said there was no reason for any Pokémon to be missing from Sword and Shield because it only took five minutes to render a Pokémon.
i dont have any 3D modeling software but i bet i could make voltorb or electrode in 5 minutes lol
wait actually I just realized I have paint 3D

(they/them)
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

SolarKnight wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

Thanks Internet

sowut123 wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

dual_creator43 wrote:

wait actually I just realized I have paint 3D
ok, I made both electrode and voltorb in 5 minutes. theyre actually both on the same model which idk if its cheating but I don't really care because they both suck anyway lol. I wasted the first 2 minutes and had to restart which might be part of why the textures are so bad

(they/them)
PiinkInkling
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

Was watching a video about pokemon trainers and their favourite drinks and now i like cold hot chocolate
cold hot chocolate is just chocolate milkshake
without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
I know this is a bit of a late reply, but over here in the UK they call chocolate milk ‘chocolate milkshake’
I know the video you’re talking about.
That was N’s favorite.
I was expecting it to be lettuce juice. It’s the second quenchiest (someone please know the reference)

I might try the 5 minute render challenge, but I am still kind of a noob at blender.
fINALLY someone who watched the video (what's the ref?)
also same lol
Edit: has anyone remembered about the existence of Paint 3D?

Last edited by PiinkInkling (June 18, 2019 16:31:24)

(please read this!)
i gave up on my sig
pink
they/them
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

the intro of the Hoenn Dive theme is just asking to be made into a Fresh Prince remix
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

PiinkInkling wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

Was watching a video about pokemon trainers and their favourite drinks and now i like cold hot chocolate
without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
I know this is a bit of a late reply, but over here in the UK they call chocolate milk ‘chocolate milkshake’
That was N’s favorite.
I was expecting it to be lettuce juice. It’s the second quenchiest (someone please know the reference)

I might try the 5 minute render challenge, but I am still kind of a noob at blender.
also same lol
oh I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axrx3LyU9v4
that's pretty good
PiinkInkling
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

cheese-duck wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
That was N’s favorite.

also same lol
oh I found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axrx3LyU9v4
that's pretty good
Ye

(please read this!)
i gave up on my sig
pink
they/them
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

PiinkInkling wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
That was N’s favorite.

also same lol
I used paint 3D in the past but I didn’t like it.
Also the reference is a reference to Avatar the Last Airbender. Cactus juice.
Why am I pretty much the only one here who has seen that.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

M1mikyu wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
That was N’s favorite.

also same lol
i used paint 3D for my electrode and voltorb. its not a good 3D program but uts the only one i have lol

(they/them)
PiinkInkling
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

SolarKnight wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

scratcherjack9000 wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

PiinkInkling wrote:

without the ice cream
its just chocolate milk
That was N’s favorite.

also same lol
i used paint 3D for my electrode and voltorb. its not a good 3D program but uts the only one i have lol
same but with dragonair, togepi and long exeggutor
here it is

(please read this!)
i gave up on my sig
pink
they/them
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

I just found a wicked piano cover of 1+ hour worth of Diamond & Pearl music, and gosh dang I'm jealous of this guy's chops. Those layers in Sunyshore City! He nailed every layer of the intro, every little ornament, the chords were flawless… oh yeah the only thing it's missing is the higher voice in the second repetition of the bridge melody. And I've never heard someone play the bass of Cyrus's theme with such… oomph. GF should hire him to play the piano for Dialga/Palkia's battle theme in the Sinnoh remakes
Also listen to Cynthia's encounter and battle themes, they're….
Go find out for yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5CRNHzGmTY

ok that's enough gushing
too bad he didn't cover the credits theme

EDIT: HE EVEN PLAYED THE TINY LITTLE ECHOES IN THE POKEMON LEAGUE THEME WHAT

Last edited by cheese-duck (June 18, 2019 19:09:28)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

ignore this post, scratch done stupided

Edit: Actually don't; he covered N's battle theme, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-c6XJYw5M
Edit edit: Also Zinnia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGHp2YAfgE
Edit edit edit: “Aw, I wish he covered Iris–” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5AWqArvaA
Edit edit edit edit: Lusamine anyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ahmqtXrcg
Edit edit edit edit edit: I'm glad Pokémon is popular enough for so many people to make so many amazing covers. In other words, I ain't linking all the things I found cause there just too many. Lotsa orchestral covers too. Just look for 'em. Most of the good ones are in Japanese, though.

Last edited by cheese-duck (June 18, 2019 19:24:11)

scratcherjack9000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

cheese-duck wrote:

ignore this post, scratch done stupided

Edit: Actually don't; he covered N's battle theme, too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ-c6XJYw5M
Edit edit: Also Zinnia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGHp2YAfgE
Edit edit edit: “Aw, I wish he covered Iris–” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq5AWqArvaA
Edit edit edit edit: Lusamine anyone https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0ahmqtXrcg
Edit edit edit edit edit: I'm glad Pokémon is popular enough for so many people to make so many amazing covers. In other words, I ain't linking all the things I found cause there just too many. Lotsa orchestral covers too. Just look for 'em. Most of the good ones are in Japanese, though.
how did they stupid
guanglai-kangyi
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

I'm not gonna lie I am not that big of a fan of Dynamax.

It's been so long since I last seen this website lost to that monster, the disinterest behind not posting
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

guanglai-kangyi wrote:

neither am I. its not as cool as the past gimmick things like mega evolution

(they/them)
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

SolarKnight wrote:

guanglai-kangyi wrote:

neither am I. its not as cool as the past gimmick things like mega evolution
ditto. If they put the time, work, and space into the previous Pokémon instead of a gimmick, I'd be happy.
The gimmicks are probably just to keep the public interested, not getting bored of the same old stuff, because if we're to be completely honest, Pokémon is really repetitive. Mega Evolution was cool. Z-Moves not so much. Dynamax is just asking to become a meme.
wait i said i wouldn't talk about what folks call “dexit”
scratcherjack9000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Pokémon Topic

why isn't game freak lowering the amount of polygons in the modes of the swsh pokemon

and they put 800+ pokemon on way less powerful hardware

a