Discuss Scratch

Painttheartistpup
Scratcher
35 posts

Time Traveled Antiques - Coffee Short

This is the second short in the Time Traveled Antiques series! I know the last one was in a project, but this one is longer and deserves a topic! Please enjoy and reply with your thoughts!

Nelly blinked herself awake and glanced at the pocket watch that lay on the nightstand next to her bed. She hauled herself up and padded down the apartment stairs to the store on the lower level. Light pooled underneath the door to the inventory room and she headed behind the counter and nudged it open. Avivi was slumped against the desk, her eyes flickering open as the door squeaked every so slightly.

“Is it morning already?” she managed to mumble out, pushing herself back into a sitting position. Nelly wasn’t sure to laugh or be terrified at how Avivi looked.

“It’s 2 in the morning. How long have you been here?” Nelly asked. “And what have you been doing down here? I just did inventory a few days ago.”

“Yeah, but then I went and got some more items yesterday, remember? So I had to go through and clean and record them.” Avivi managed to get out around a couple of yawns.

“How in the world did you manage to get so much done today on only 3 hours of sleep?” Nelly asked before she heard a soft sputtering sound from behind her. That sound could only belong to the coffee pot and she turned around to see a cup of coffee being finished up. “You’ve only been asleep for like… 2 minutes, haven’t you?”

“I don’t know. I haven’t checked the time in a few hours.” Avivi muttered as she dragged herself over to the coffee maker and balanced the cup of coffee on her nose. She went back over to the table she was recording inventory at and set the coffee cup down, taking a few laps out of it.

“What have I told about living off of coffee?” Nelly asked, cocking her head at Avivi.

“Not to do it?” Avivi offered as she continued to lap up the coffee.

“That’s right. How about you go to bed and I’ll finish the inventory.” Nelly said, attempting to nudge the coffee cup away from Avivi. Avivi looked up sharply and glared at Nelly with such intensity that Nelly backed away a few steps. “Come on. You’ll regret this in a few days.”

“No I won’t.” Avivi barked and Nelly sighed at her antics. She quickly stepped forward and dragged the coffee cup away from Avivi, balancing it on her nose in a few movements. Then, she darted out of the inventory room and back up the stairs to the apartment. She dumped the coffee in the bathroom sink before cutting Avivi off.

“Sleep. Now.” She said, herding Avivi towards the bedroom. “If you really want to get that inventory done, I’ll do it.” Avivi muttered something under her breath, but she must of crashed from the caffeine because she slumped against Nelly and allowed her to guide her to bed.

“I think I’ll finish the inventory in the morning…” Avivi muttered as she practically fell into her bed and curled up into a tight ball. Nelly smiled and dragged a blanket over Avivi before returning to her bed. She curled up and drifted off into a deep sleep, the only sound the soft ticking of the pocket watch.

Thanks for reading!

Looking for a fun, lighthearted series? Check out Time Traveled Antiques, a series by me! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5320264/projects/

I'm also always up for doing design trades and I have monthly adopts out every month, none skipped! Please check those out on my profile!
frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is pretty cool. I do have a question though, does it have any connection to the first one where they found the cup from the 1950s or is it completely different shorts? Other than that, this short seems pretty interesting and I can't wait to read the third one.

★★★★★★★Welcome to Frances2005★★★★★★★★
No F4FSeason 2Proud owner of 100+ Beanie Boos700+ followers450+ Forum PostsOfficial Turtie HelperGame DeveloperSince 4/16/17
hello I don't go on here much anymore or at least for now..
credit to @SuperNautilus for stars,@SolarWind12 for colored text guide, and coolsymbol for symbols
Painttheartistpup
Scratcher
35 posts

Thank you! Actually, it doesn't since the cup was for a customer and this is just a completely different short that I wrote for fun! Hopefully I'll have another one really soon!

Looking for a fun, lighthearted series? Check out Time Traveled Antiques, a series by me! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5320264/projects/

I'm also always up for doing design trades and I have monthly adopts out every month, none skipped! Please check those out on my profile!
ultrayorkie27
Scratcher
8 posts

frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Painttheartistpup wrote:

Thank you! Actually, it doesn't since the cup was for a customer and this is just a completely different short that I wrote for fun! Hopefully I'll have another one really soon!

Np. Okay! Can't wait to read the next one!

No F4FSeason 2Proud owner of 100+ Beanie Boos700+ followers450+ Forum PostsOfficial Turtie HelperGame DeveloperSince 4/16/17
credit to @SuperNautilus for stars,@SolarWind12 for colored text guide, and coolsymbol for symbols
Painttheartistpup
Scratcher
35 posts

ultrayorkie27 wrote:

Thanks!

Painttheartistpup
Scratcher
35 posts

frances2005 wrote:

I'm hoping to have it out soon!

frances2005
Scratcher
500+ posts

Painttheartistpup wrote:

frances2005 wrote:

I'm hoping to have it out soon!
Okay!

Jensenschool
Scratcher
100+ posts

These stories are great! I,personally, have out 15 notebooks and a story going in each one.

Banner by honeybreeze at Buzzy Bee Banners
Painttheartistpup
Scratcher
35 posts

Jensenschool wrote:

These stories are great! I,personally, have out 15 notebooks and a story going in each one.

Thanks so much! I should have a new one out today or tomorrow! And yeah, I have tons of notebooks with all sorts of stories in them!