Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » T.I.P.S. (Team Intelligent Projects Shop) ~since 2018~ [NOW HIRING] We offer everything! ⚡️⚡️ ✅✅ Moved to TIPS 2.0 [RSS Feed]
NinjaCraft16
Scratcher
100+ posts

T.I.P.S. (Team Intelligent Projects Shop) ~since 2018~ [NOW HIRING] We offer everything! ⚡️⚡️ ✅✅ Moved to TIPS 2.0

MasterGenius_Youtube wrote:

Forget my application. This shop is not professional or popular. People talking about memes and math? C'mon guys!
It's who I am. I cannot change.

lol

And why do you care so much about it being so professional or popular? You can't yell at us for doing what we want to. This isn't some kind of real life forum.

Last edited by NinjaCraft16 (Sept. 30, 2018 04:09:50)

Aurafox12
Scratcher
100+ posts

T.I.P.S. (Team Intelligent Projects Shop) ~since 2018~ [NOW HIRING] We offer everything! ⚡️⚡️ ✅✅ Moved to TIPS 2.0

NinjaCraft16 wrote:

legoboy7107 wrote:

OKAY! So everyone, listen up! I have gone through quite a bit of a rough time (outside of this shop mostly for anyone wondering; I won't get into details), and things need to be decided. There is an issue with a meme chat in this shop. It is true that I started this by saying “What's 9 + 10?”, thereby making this issue MY responsibility and no one else's unless they want it to be theirs. I at first didn't see anyone having a problem with it, but then as it grew more and more recently I've seen some people complain and have a serious problem with it, to the point where fights have broken out (hence many of the strikes) and people have decided to leave on account of this place not being serious and professional, not at all beneficial to the shop. On the other hand, I've seen some people that say that it has helped to keep the chat active, and a lot of the over 400 replies and 21 pages are due in part to the meme chat. So, since I started this (kinda unintentionally, but that doesn't matter since I did enjoy it), I want to take a poll, or a vote or whatever. I want to see if more people want the meme chat to stay or if most people want this place serious again. If the former, then, well, let both sides, the meme side and the serious side, just get along and each do their own thing and maybe ignore the other; as long as the memes DO NOT INTERFERE with the serious professional stuff, then both can coexist. If the LATTER however, then I solemnly say that I will not post any more memes and will try to the best of my ability to tone the meme chat down since I started it. I will try to keep people on track as far as the memes are concerned (but I don't have any authority outside of that) and will also try to settle any fights or beginnings of toxicness. I solemnly apologize to anyone that has been offended as a result of this. I do not want this place to turn toxic; I've witnessed for myself other chats in different places taking a bad turn and turning really toxic to the point of death threats, such as the fanbase of Meggy the Inkling from SMG4, and while I don't think this would ever go THAT far (I mean, it's Scratch after all), I still wouldn't want to have the burden of being responsible for anything even remotely close to that on my shoulders.

So here's the vote. I would appreciate it if everyone would reply, although since I don't have any authority over any of you no one is forced to:
If you want the memes to stay or think they're beneficial, reply with the word “stay”.
If you want them to go or think they're detrimental to this shop, reply with “end”.
I want to see what the majority thinks, so if you read this please reply, but also please don't give an answer more than once. If you want to change your answer please edit your old post rather than making a new one, it makes my life easier.

And finally, if it turns out that the vast majority want the memes to go, I ask this specifically and only to @congyingzhou , since he's the one that invited me to this place. If you, @congyingzhou , think it best, and think that I truly have been a pain here and will only continue to be so, and don't deserve a second chance, then if you really think it best, ban me from this shop and delete my meme posts. If not, then I will try my best to fix what I've done here if it really is as big a problem as some are saying it is.

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
Stay: 0
End: 1
Stay
as much as i love memes i want them to go back where they belong and not on a shop so i say they go
Aurafox12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Aurafox12 wrote:

NinjaCraft16 wrote:

legoboy7107 wrote:

OKAY! So everyone, listen up! I have gone through quite a bit of a rough time (outside of this shop mostly for anyone wondering; I won't get into details), and things need to be decided. There is an issue with a meme chat in this shop. It is true that I started this by saying “What's 9 + 10?”, thereby making this issue MY responsibility and no one else's unless they want it to be theirs. I at first didn't see anyone having a problem with it, but then as it grew more and more recently I've seen some people complain and have a serious problem with it, to the point where fights have broken out (hence many of the strikes) and people have decided to leave on account of this place not being serious and professional, not at all beneficial to the shop. On the other hand, I've seen some people that say that it has helped to keep the chat active, and a lot of the over 400 replies and 21 pages are due in part to the meme chat. So, since I started this (kinda unintentionally, but that doesn't matter since I did enjoy it), I want to take a poll, or a vote or whatever. I want to see if more people want the meme chat to stay or if most people want this place serious again. If the former, then, well, let both sides, the meme side and the serious side, just get along and each do their own thing and maybe ignore the other; as long as the memes DO NOT INTERFERE with the serious professional stuff, then both can coexist. If the LATTER however, then I solemnly say that I will not post any more memes and will try to the best of my ability to tone the meme chat down since I started it. I will try to keep people on track as far as the memes are concerned (but I don't have any authority outside of that) and will also try to settle any fights or beginnings of toxicness. I solemnly apologize to anyone that has been offended as a result of this. I do not want this place to turn toxic; I've witnessed for myself other chats in different places taking a bad turn and turning really toxic to the point of death threats, such as the fanbase of Meggy the Inkling from SMG4, and while I don't think this would ever go THAT far (I mean, it's Scratch after all), I still wouldn't want to have the burden of being responsible for anything even remotely close to that on my shoulders.

So here's the vote. I would appreciate it if everyone would reply, although since I don't have any authority over any of you no one is forced to:
If you want the memes to stay or think they're beneficial, reply with the word “stay”.
If you want them to go or think they're detrimental to this shop, reply with “end”.
I want to see what the majority thinks, so if you read this please reply, but also please don't give an answer more than once. If you want to change your answer please edit your old post rather than making a new one, it makes my life easier.

And finally, if it turns out that the vast majority want the memes to go, I ask this specifically and only to @congyingzhou , since he's the one that invited me to this place. If you, @congyingzhou , think it best, and think that I truly have been a pain here and will only continue to be so, and don't deserve a second chance, then if you really think it best, ban me from this shop and delete my meme posts. If not, then I will try my best to fix what I've done here if it really is as big a problem as some are saying it is.

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
Stay
as much as i love memes i want them to go back where they belong and not on a shop so i say they end
KDT123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Aurafox12 wrote:

Aurafox12 wrote:

NinjaCraft16 wrote:

legoboy7107 wrote:

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
Stay
as much as i love memes i want them to go back where they belong and not on a shop so i say they end

STAFF MEMBER

I agree. Let’s go back to being more of a shop. Thank you for your understanding.

On a separate note, in my shop I have made the decision not to be active at all on Sunday. This will also apply here too. I’ll still be in Scratch sometimes, but not in shops until Monday. Want to know why? Head over to my shop for the reason. Again, thank you for understanding.

Hello, I’m KDT123. I make a few games which you can find in here. I have worked at TIPS in the past. My favourite colour is red. My alternate account is 321TDK.
KDT123
Scratcher
100+ posts

STAFF MEMBER

By the way, thank you TIPS for partnering. However, I don’t understand the way that you have written down the owners section, saying that you are one of the shop owners. I am the manager of the shop, head of departments and faculties are lower roles than managers (owner).

In addition, I have changed the management system in my shop to have a co-manager (coming very soon).

Thank you! I just am a bit confused, that’s all… I don’t want this post to sound angry so I apologise if it does.

After this post, I plan to almost completely go back to being fully a shop person only, since I think this is the right thing to do.

Hello, I’m KDT123. I make a few games which you can find in here. I have worked at TIPS in the past. My favourite colour is red. My alternate account is 321TDK.
r_hello
Scratcher
90 posts

legoboy7107 wrote:

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
Stay: 1
End: 3
does my vote count as two because I'm the president?
anyway, sorry but end

Hello, this is a Scratcher who refuses to check his messages.
Proof that I have 1600+ messages.
I used to have 2000+ but for some reason…it became 1600+
Alt. Account of @congyingzhou.
It_is_congyingzhou
Scratcher
90 posts

Why is dis getting dramatic sorta

Check out my main account, @congyingzhou!
I'm a whiz at (scratchblocks :: #123456 boolean) :: #098765 hat
*Evil Kumquat Guard (what's a kumquat :: #000000 stack)* :: grey cap
Unbeatable Tic-Tac-Toe AI
aaa253
Scratcher
100+ posts

legoboy7107 wrote:

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
End: 3
Dude, seriously! End.
legoboy7107
Scratcher
100+ posts

It_is_congyingzhou wrote:

Why is dis getting dramatic sorta
Good question.
legoboy7107
Scratcher
100+ posts

r_hello wrote:

legoboy7107 wrote:

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.

Vote Count So Far:
End: 5
anyway, sorry but end
No your vote doesn't count as two because reasons. Sorry, lol.
NinjaCraft16
Scratcher
100+ posts

lel this got deleted by meh

Last edited by NinjaCraft16 (Oct. 1, 2018 23:46:56)

congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

legoboy7107 wrote:

r_hello wrote:

legoboy7107 wrote:

Everyone's solemnly,
Legoboy7107, est. 2013.
Okay, my vote as president (and all of my alt. accounts): end.
We could talk about something else

Vote Count So Far:
End: 5
anyway, sorry but end
No your vote doesn't count as two because reasons. Sorry, lol.
TIPS meme chat opened here.

Last edited by congyingzhou (Oct. 1, 2018 08:47:49)

This is my signature. It appears after I post anything! (I added this for people who thought I was advertising)
and now i have finally removed that line of links, a lot don't work anyway after I unshared a bunch of projects
Oh look a rainbow (I wanted to make my whole signature a rainbow, but busted character limit)
2nd most-poster in Requests (still???), top 20 most-poster overall, 7.3K posts total, 6.5K requests foolproof mind reader??, try to beat the unbeatable tic-tac-toe AI
congyingzhou
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Come and support the TIP SOS ST here!

This is my signature. It appears after I post anything! (I added this for people who thought I was advertising)
and now i have finally removed that line of links, a lot don't work anyway after I unshared a bunch of projects
Oh look a rainbow (I wanted to make my whole signature a rainbow, but busted character limit)
2nd most-poster in Requests (still???), top 20 most-poster overall, 7.3K posts total, 6.5K requests foolproof mind reader??, try to beat the unbeatable tic-tac-toe AI
charlottelucy15
Scratcher
100+ posts

I vote end for the meme thing.

Hey guys, just click on my name to check out my profile which I recommend in my so humble opinion, same with my shop -Diamond Snake- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/311697/?page=1#post-3241067
aaa253
Scratcher
100+ posts

charlottelucy15 wrote:

I vote end for the meme thing.
The new TIPS meme chat was opened I think.
It_is_congyingzhou
Scratcher
90 posts

NO BUMPS SERIOUSLY WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE THE MEME CHAT?!?!
I'm joking I CHANGED A SIGNATURE!!!

Check out my main account, @congyingzhou!
I'm a whiz at (scratchblocks :: #123456 boolean) :: #098765 hat
*Evil Kumquat Guard (what's a kumquat :: #000000 stack)* :: grey cap
Unbeatable Tic-Tac-Toe AI
Alex11345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Big and Bold Bump

pinkiepie710
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: pinkiepie710 (duh?)
Position(s) you are applying for: Chief Voice Actor
Scratcher Status: I’m a scratcher!
Are you following this thread?: Yep!
Example (only needed when you apply for chief): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/241895790/
How active are you (1-10): 8-9, I think. I try to get on as often as possible.
Why should we choose you?: I’ve completed a voice acting order on The Emerald Shop, and many others, I’ve auditioned for many voice acting things in the past, and you need voice actors, XD I’ll be a great and responsible member of your shop!

Last edited by pinkiepie710 (Oct. 2, 2018 16:52:07)

Alex11345
Scratcher
500+ posts

small bump

legoboy7107
Scratcher
100+ posts

It_is_congyingzhou wrote:

NO BUMPS SERIOUSLY WHERE HAVE YOU ALL GONE THE MEME CHAT?!?!
I'm joking I CHANGED A SIGNATURE!!!
It almost seems like the meme chatters vanished overnight……….OOF.
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » T.I.P.S. (Team Intelligent Projects Shop) ~since 2018~ [NOW HIRING] We offer everything! ⚡️⚡️ ✅✅ Moved to TIPS 2.0 [RSS Feed]