Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs!

enricondal wrote:

Hi everyone! I have just found this place and I would like to share my project so you can review it and tell me how it is. Thanks in advance!

Username: enricondal
Name of the project: Dark Zone
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/36723716/
What kind of review you want: Comprehensive review
Brief description of the project: In Dark Zone you take control of a spaceship and you try to survive in space as much as possible by dodging asteroids. To help you there are three different “power-ups” that you'll get for surviving a specific amount of time. The game has also got a cloud-data Hall of fame with the 5 best scores.
Harshness: Say what you have to say, I can handle it
Other notes: The game was published a long time ago but I'm trying to improve it as much as possible and see where it can get. In the Instructions writen part of the project there can be found some more ‘deep’ explanations and in the Notes and Credits one, there are all the updates that have been added, just in case you're curious. One last thing, I would like to get help in the code that makes the spaceship move, because if it's moven very slowly by the player, it seems kinda weird.

Thanks for everything! I appreciate what you are doing!
Taken! A suggestion, make a different project as a copy of this and with powerups appearing more frequently. It's way too difficult. I'll give the final review then. By the way, the mouse problem seems to happen not because of the coding but something else. I don't know much about it, so posting on the Help With Scripts Forum will help.

enricondal
Scratcher
13 posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Taken! A suggestion, make a different project as a copy of this and with powerups appearing more frequently. It's way too difficult. I'll give the final review then. By the way, the mouse problem seems to happen not because of the coding but something else. I don't know much about it, so posting on the Help With Scripts Forum will help.
You mean that you'll review the game is created now (Dark Zone) or the one I'll create (Dark Zone 2, I guess)? Because if it's the one I have to create, it may take me some time and now I don't have too much of that. Thanks for the tips on the mouse problem by the way!
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

enricondal wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

You mean that you'll review the game is created now (Dark Zone) or the one I'll create (Dark Zone 2, I guess)? Because if it's the one I have to create, it may take me some time and now I don't have too much of that. Thanks for the tips on the mouse problem by the way!
Okay, I'll review it in 1 hour.

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

enricondal wrote:

Hi everyone! I have just found this place and I would like to share my project so you can review it and tell me how it is. Thanks in advance!

Username: enricondal
Name of the project: Dark Zone
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/36723716/
Brief description of the project: In Dark Zone you take control of a spaceship and you try to survive in space as much as possible by dodging asteroids. To help you there are three different “power-ups” that you'll get for surviving a specific amount of time. The game has also got a cloud-data Hall of fame with the 5 best scores.
Harshness: Say what you have to say, I can handle it
Other notes: The game was published a long time ago but I'm trying to improve it as much as possible and see where it can get. In the Instructions writen part of the project there can be found some more ‘deep’ explanations and in the Notes and Credits one, there are all the updates that have been added, just in case you're curious. One last thing, I would like to get help in the code that makes the spaceship move, because if it's moven very slowly by the player, it seems kinda weird.

Thanks for everything! I appreciate what you are doing!
Dark Zone
Graphics 6/10 Great Job! Powerup effects are good but the try changing the menu screen
Gameplay 7/10 Solid concept but too difficult.
Difficulty 3/10 Yeah, I couldn't get past 18 seconds. I tried changing the powerups to come sooner but there are just too many meteors and they move too fast. 4-5 meteors will be good.
Engagement 7/10 Cloud High Score leaderboards are great but the insert coin loses its fun after too many tries. Try making it go back to the menu screen after you die.
Sound 7/10 Nice music! Some other sounds would be good.
Creativity 7/10 Great job, but feels a bit bland.
Instructions 8/10 Love the Version History! Instructions are well explained.
Storyline N/A this will be set to the average of other scores.
Bugs/Glitches 9/10 I know you are working on the mouse movement.
Animations/Transitions 8/10 Great! Dying effect and powerups are really cool.
Overall Score 69/100 Great job! Fix the difficulty and you'd be on your way to a really solid game with a lot built on it!

Last edited by AfraidRacer (Aug. 17, 2018 12:19:17)

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey, would you review a whole series of projects or is that asking too much?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Congratulations!!

Your shop has successfully joined Ordercentral!!

Keep in mind that I am the only one able to take orders in the Ordercentral topic, but I'll transfer some orders in your own shop topic for you to complete if your shop is the most suitable for the order.

Also, please, if you can, provide a banner.
If you decide to get it from a shop, it's okay. You just need to give credit and tell me what shop made it, and also the employee of the shop who made it.

But it's okay, you're not an art shop anyway.
Thanks! Just one question, I need people to specify the kind of review they want. How is that going to work out?

Don't you think the ‘this shop joined in the end because of an incomplete order’ is a bit harsh?
Oh yeah you're right, kind of harsh. Lemme change that (tbh i like to be harsh when its the truth but ill change that for the sake of Ordercentral)

And what do you mean the kind of review they want?

Last edited by sti_scratch (Aug. 16, 2018 19:24:39)

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Hey, would you review a whole series of projects or is that asking too much?
Yeah, why not. You'll need to give me some time though. Do you want a review for the whole series or each project?

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Congratulations!!

Keep in mind that I am the only one able to take orders in the Ordercentral topic, but I'll transfer some orders in your own shop topic for you to complete if your shop is the most suitable for the order.

If you decide to get it from a shop, it's okay. You just need to give credit and tell me what shop made it, and also the employee of the shop who made it.

Thanks! Just one question, I need people to specify the kind of review they want. How is that going to work out?

Don't you think the ‘this shop joined in the end because of an incomplete order’ is a bit harsh?
Oh yeah you're right, kind of harsh. Lemme change that (tbh i like to be harsh when its the truth but ill change that for the sake of Ordercentral)

Y'know, Comprehensive Review, Custom Review, Short Review etc. Check on the OP.

ProLabs
Scratcher
36 posts

Username: ProLabs
Name of the project: Twin Spheres
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239197998/
Brief description of the project: The goal is to protect the Earth with two spheres revolving around it. You can upgrade each of your spheres with the cash you get by destroying the ennemies.
Harshness: Be perfectly honest. I want to make my game better!
Other notes: Hope you enjoy this game!

Thanks a lot!

Essayez mes jeux! Tout commentaire est le bienvenu!

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

ProLabs wrote:

Brief description of the project: The goal is to protect the Earth with two spheres revolving around it. You can upgrade each of your spheres with the cash you get by destroying the ennemies.

Thanks a lot!
Taken! Give me some time, maybe 2-3 hours.

smartzx
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

ProLabs wrote:

Thanks a lot!
Taken! Give me some time, maybe 2-3 hours.
Oh, you took it? (I already started writing my review, but it's alright, take it.)

Last edited by smartzx (Aug. 17, 2018 02:58:52)

Does anyone know where I can find an ACTIVE Big Brother AUDITION studio? Pweeez tell me. (I'm also find with the Amazing Race, but not Survivor)
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

Are you looking for staff? This looks like something I'd be interested in working for!
sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Congratulations!!

I think everyone would want a comprehensive review… The form I put at Ordercentral is for comprehensive review.

Last edited by sti_scratch (Aug. 17, 2018 04:12:30)

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

<snip>
Okay, otherwise I'll do a Custom Review.

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

ProLabs wrote:

Thanks a lot!
Your order will be completed by smartzx now.

sti_scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

<snip>

Err… that inappropriately snipped quote was meant to be the one listed below, right?

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Congratulations!!

I think everyone would want a comprehensive review… The form I put at Ordercentral is for comprehensive review.

Last edited by sti_scratch (Aug. 17, 2018 04:28:53)

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

<snip>

Err… that inappropriately snipped quote was meant to be the one listed below, right?

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

sti_scratch wrote:

Congratulations!!

Yeah. (Whaddya mean, inappropriately snipped?)

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username: @apgonscratch
Name of the project: “Scratch Cat's Level Editor”

Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/211763687/

What kind of Review you want: Comprehensive, please!

Brief Description of the project: A tile based level editor where the player takes control of Scratch Cat. You can build, play, save or load, and more!

Harshness: Just as harsh as your usual reviews. Just keep in mind that some sprites are placeholder graphics (for now)

Other Notes: none

Thanks!

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

apgonscratch wrote:

Brief Description of the project: A tile based level editor where the player takes control of Scratch Cat. You can build, play, save or load, and more!

Harshness: Just as harsh as your usual reviews. Just keep in mind that some sprites are placeholder graphics (for now)

Thanks!
Taken! Will be done in 1 hour.

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

apgonscratch wrote:

Thanks!
Taken! Will be done in 1 hour.
Thank you!

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]