Discuss Scratch

Alvarae
Scratcher
53 posts

Help me make a horror game for this Halloween!

Well, I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaas gonna implement the jumpscares, very close to, but then its all of a sudden violating the guidlines or whatever that is, so i guess the game jumpscares are being dropped
Alvarae
Scratcher
53 posts

remember, thats the entire reason i had an idea for the game. what horror game doesn't have jumpscares? if it can't have jumpscares, i'll just rework the entire game if you want.
DatStat
Scratcher
100+ posts

I honestly have no clue what to do, my main concern is breaking the SCG. If we can avoid that, then we don't have to remove jumpscares. We could simply just add in a “Game Over” with the sprite standing in the room instead of a jumpscare. Besides, jumpscares are d i f f i c u l t to animate.

DatStat
Director, LYFE Studios
Secretary, UMAC
LGBTQ+ Activist & Advocate
Student of Mental Health & Neurology Studies
Graduate of LLU-SHIELD & LLU-APH

Alvarae
Scratcher
53 posts

Update as of HECKIN DECEMBER 2 months after planned release, 4 months after last post

This may have been a bit too scary after looking back at it. The term “jumpscare” just sounds too scary for me, even. Hopefully you all are still active here…

I might know how to fix the “scare” mechanic. Instead of jumpscares, I'm thinking of a suspenseful stare, or a little pop-up for half a second, and when you die, the said scarer appears infront of you (without noise) and then cuts to black, saying “Game Over, try again? - You were eaten by a Zombie/shot by a Skeleton/incapacitated brutally by an Enderman” instead of, uh, AAAAAAAAAAAAA and then game over. Nothing else should be changed. I think that might fix the whole controversy of the game.

Sorry for the large bump. I just had to remind you that I exist, and nothing is forgotten.
Mr_Krow1239
Scratcher
2 posts

when green flag clicked
move (I need help with coming up with a halloween project) steps
Flamez_Games
Scratcher
26 posts

Hello! i'm Flame.

I'd like to apply to be a pixel artist/animator

15M, 3+ years of experience, (this is my second scratch account, wasn't banned on first, just didn't like the username.) i'm also adept at coding, but would rather do art. i can help if you can't figure out some coding.

i can work evenings on weekdays, and whenever fri-sun.

Last edited by Flamez_Games (Oct. 15, 2023 02:12:49)

andsuper999
Scratcher
100+ posts

Flamez_Games wrote:

Hello! i'm Flame.

I'd like to apply to be a pixel artist/animator

15M, 3+ years of experience, (this is my second scratch account, wasn't banned on first, just didn't like the username.) i'm also adept at coding, but would rather do art. i can help if you can't figure out some coding.

i can work evenings on weekdays, and whenever fri-sun.

This is 4 years old please do not comment on a forum this old, someone should close this forum so nobody else comments, I don't know how to do it

I love making comics, talking in forums and just having a good time… oh wait this isn't a dating app? my bad.
Marvel Brawl Wiki Page