Discuss Scratch

voldechuck
Scratcher
47 posts

MP3 File Quality

Is there a way to have MP3s (and other sound files) have better quality on scratch? Thanks!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
100+ posts

MP3 File Quality

No, at least not at the moment. Audio is currently heavily compressed to save space, but this may change in the future.

DON'T LIKE SCRATCH 3.0? CLICK HERE!!!

ALSO, READ THE STICKIES!!! It will do you good!

You should check out these links: this little forums website or my YouTube channel.

Want to search my posts? Google/click this string: e20d86fdcf45cce5452e5904cf5db7c6 and it might get you somewhere.

Sorry,youhavetowait60secondsbetwee posts.

There's a pirate TV station in my area, I recorded a video about it.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MP3 File Quality

You might want to try a different audio converter, or try an audio editing program like Audacity.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 13 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
100+ posts

MP3 File Quality

LionHeart70 wrote:

You might want to try a different audio converter, or try an audio editing program like Audacity.
That won't help, because all the compression, downsampling, and conversion to mono that destroys the sound quality happens on Scratch's side.

DON'T LIKE SCRATCH 3.0? CLICK HERE!!!

ALSO, READ THE STICKIES!!! It will do you good!

You should check out these links: this little forums website or my YouTube channel.

Want to search my posts? Google/click this string: e20d86fdcf45cce5452e5904cf5db7c6 and it might get you somewhere.

Sorry,youhavetowait60secondsbetwee posts.

There's a pirate TV station in my area, I recorded a video about it.
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MP3 File Quality

Flowermanvista wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

You might want to try a different audio converter, or try an audio editing program like Audacity.
That won't help, because all the compression, downsampling, and conversion to mono that destroys the sound quality happens on Scratch's side.
That's true, but if the audio quality is severely low-quality it can sometimes be a problem with what audio converter you're using. If you're using an average audio converter, the sound shouldn't be too low-quality, as I've found from the sound converter I usually use.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 13 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
100+ posts

MP3 File Quality

LionHeart70 wrote:

Flowermanvista wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

You might want to try a different audio converter, or try an audio editing program like Audacity.
That won't help, because all the compression, downsampling, and conversion to mono that destroys the sound quality happens on Scratch's side.
That's true, but if the audio quality is severely low-quality it can sometimes be a problem with what audio converter you're using. If you're using an average audio converter, the sound shouldn't be too low-quality, as I've found from the sound converter I usually use.
I just realized that audio format conversion isn't necessary in a lot of cases, because Scratch can accept MP3 files and most WAV files, and using the source WAV file instead of converting to MP3 would result in marginally better audio quality.

DON'T LIKE SCRATCH 3.0? CLICK HERE!!!

ALSO, READ THE STICKIES!!! It will do you good!

You should check out these links: this little forums website or my YouTube channel.

Want to search my posts? Google/click this string: e20d86fdcf45cce5452e5904cf5db7c6 and it might get you somewhere.

Sorry,youhavetowait60secondsbetwee posts.

There's a pirate TV station in my area, I recorded a video about it.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile