Discuss Scratch

--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

::NOW HIRING::[{(OPEN)}] >>Atlantis<< [{(OPEN)}]::NOW HIRING::

Jenju wrote:

Username:JENJU
Wanted Position:Artist and Writer
Examples of Work:MY PROJEcts (art) and this: The 2018 Winter Olympics Snowboarding event: Women’s Halfpipe was really fun to watch. All the athletes that was completing in Women’s Halfpipe were amazing but only 3 could get medals.The event begun on Febuary, 11. First, the athletes had to do a Ladies HP Qualification Run 1. 17 year old Chloe Kim from the US gets first in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 with a high score of 91.50! 2nd place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is JiaYu Liu from China with a score of 87.75! 3rd place is Maddie Mastro from the US with a score of 83.75! Last place in Ladies HP Qualification Run 1 is Hikaru Oe , from Japan, which is 24th place with a score of 10.00. Isn’t it a terrible score? Well, yes compared to the athletes but no to normal people. Tell you this, the athletes trained 4 years to make it to the Olympics. Honestly, Hikaru Oe was amazing! In the Ladies HQ Qualification Run 2, 12 people made it to the next round. They are, Chloe Kim from USA, JiaYu Liu from China, Haruna Matsumoto from Japan etc. In the Final Run 1, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! However, there are still 2 more final runs to show the results. This time in the Final Run 2, Chloe Kim, JiaYu Liu, and Kelly Clark got 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place again! Can they defend their scores? Let’s find out! Well, you probably would want to hear the results. Drumroll please! 3rd place is …. drumroll please, Arielle Gold from the US! 2nd place is….. drumroll please, JiaYu Liu from China! 1st place is, (well, you probably already guessed but) the amazing Chloe Kim from the US! We hoped you liked our article!

and

(One report for science class) Introduction
I’ve been researching the Red Panda in Science. It was really hard to decide on which animal to choose. After a lot of time thinking and exploring I chose the Red Panda. I chose this animal because I am interested in learning about the Red Panda. I also decided to research the Red Panda because some Red Pandas live in China and I was born there.

The Red Panda’s Environment
The Red Panda’s ecosystem is the deciduous forest. This ecosystem can be found in the continent, Asia. Those countries in Asia include northern Myanmar, part of China, Nepal, northeastern India, and Bhutan. Red Pandas typically live in habitats with high altitude deciduous forest with tons of bamboo in the Himalayas and tall mountains. The Red Panda mostly lives at places with cool temperatures. Other animals that live in this environment include Giant Pandas, raccoons, opossums, and so much more!

Internal/External Features of a Red Panda
A Red Panda has a face that looks like a cat, with cinnamon red fur, a fluffy tail, 2 small sized eyes, a circular nose, and some small whiskers. The fluffy red tail of the Red Panda helps the Red Panda have balance and protects the Red Panda from very cold temperatures and winds. Red Pandas have an internal feature named gland, which is an organ that processes chemical substances for use in the body. This internal feature is located inside the mouth of the Red Panda.

Issues affecting the Red Panda
Habitat loss is one thing that is affecting the population of the Red Panda. The people who destroy the Red Panda’s habitat use it for livestock, firewood, and farming. When the Red Panda lose their habitat, the population of the Red Panda are declining. The Red Pandas won’t have shelter when they lose their habitat. Clearing out the Red Panda’s habitat makes it difficult to find food for the Red Pandas. We can help the Red Pandas by not cutting down the Red Panda’s habitat. We can also help by reducing human impact , so the Red Pandas won’t have to lose their own habitat.

Conclusion
The Red Panda is currently an endangered species. There are only less than 10,000 individual Red Pandas left living today, but, you can still help Red Pandas. Even if you only help to save one Red Panda, it’ll still make a big difference. I have really enjoyed researching the Red Panda. I really hope that you can learn more about Red Pandas , so you can help to save the Red Pandas. Most of all, I hope you enjoyed my research report and thank you so much!

Resources Used for Research
I used:
https://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/red-panda
http://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/red-panda
https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/red-panda
Google searching

Anything Else:Sorry about the caps
Accepted!

cattygo101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animated Background
Username: cattygo101
What you Want: a background of rain falling, then the rain turns into snow, the snow turns into wind, with lots of leaves flying randomly. the winds stops and a rainbow comes out. the sun shines before melting into the rain again
Anything Else: notify me when done, please make sure you can distinguish all the different weathers (is that a word? xD) from each other, but still make them blend nicely
Preferred Staff Member: –_nova_–, but anyone else is fine

--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cattygo101 wrote:

Animated Background
What you Want: a background of rain falling, then the rain turns into snow, the snow turns into wind, with lots of leaves flying randomly. the winds stops and a rainbow comes out. the sun shines before melting into the rain again
Anything Else: notify me when done, please make sure you can distinguish all the different weathers (is that a word? xD) from each other, but still make them blend nicely
Taken! School has started so it may take a while but I'll try to get it done soon

--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jenju
Scratcher
52 posts

--_Nova_-- wrote:

Hello
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: VideoGamerCanInvent
Wanted Position: Banners/Logos
Examples of Work: This, this, and this.
Anything Else: I own the 3rd Largest Shop on Scratch.

woah, haven't been on here in a while
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--_Nova_-- wrote:

Here!

--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

Username: VideoGamerCanInvent
Wanted Position: Banners/Logos
Examples of Work: This, this, and this.
Anything Else: I own the 3rd Largest Shop on Scratch.
Accepted!

Lion1278
Scratcher
100+ posts

--_Nova_-- wrote:

so sorry i didn't see this sooner, school has just started and I've been mainly too exhausted and stressed to get off the couch, let alone og on scratch so it's okay if you drop my activity level, it may take me a while to get better

Trying to get recognition! I'd love if you checked out some of my original memes and my PMV Forest Fire.
Here's a studio with some of my best projects: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5230559/
I have a topic where you can ask for help with anything you need: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/306188/
--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lion1278 wrote:

--_Nova_-- wrote:

-snip-
so sorry i didn't see this sooner, school has just started and I've been mainly too exhausted and stressed to get off the couch, let alone og on scratch so it's okay if you drop my activity level, it may take me a while to get better
no, it's fine, you responded and gave a reason

wafflelot-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

Last edited by wafflelot- (Sept. 25, 2018 07:09:04)

cattygo101
Scratcher
100+ posts

--_Nova_-- wrote:

cattygo101 wrote:

Animated Background
Taken! School has started so it may take a while but I'll try to get it done soon
Is this still being worked on?

wafflelot-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hi Nova! Was wondering if you wanted to partner shops? Can you get back to me ASAP? Thanks!
ItIsJustMyself
New to Scratch
27 posts

What is a watermark? Like, I know a watermark is like text saying your name that you just put on a picture you took so people know you made it but do you like edit an image and put a watermark with the orderer's name on it?
--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cattygo101 wrote:

--_Nova_-- wrote:

cattygo101 wrote:

Animated Background
Is this still being worked on?
I've got a bunch of competitions I have to do stuff for but I can do it over fall break… Until then you can order from another shop.