Discuss Scratch

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Collaborations(*Too many to count* Supporters)

_Comicfan_ wrote:

Support. Scratch needs a better collab system, the current one is….. How should I say this? Bad.
How? Remixing is actually better than this, as you can see a log of all the variosu changes your collaboration has done. Plus, you have backup versions.

Sigton wrote:

Lythium wrote:

No support
But it's not live editing; it's still the regular form of editing that can be done by multiple users.
I mighta have already done this, but full support!

Sigton
Not at the same time. Scratch cannot handle that.

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Support
It's already been rejected by the sticky.

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

Support
It's already been rejected by the sticky.
Well, for this, everyone can see it.

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
-raspberry_
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support!
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can the other editors remix the project they are collaborating on?

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lythium wrote:

_Comicfan_ wrote:

Support. Scratch needs a better collab system, the current one is….. How should I say this? Bad.
How? Remixing is actually better than this, as you can see a log of all the variosu changes your collaboration has done. Plus, you have backup versions.

Sigton wrote:

Lythium wrote:

No support
But it's not live editing; it's still the regular form of editing that can be done by multiple users.

Sigton

I don't think you understand how the suggestion works. It's not live editing at all.

1. It's sort of like remixing a project, except, you don't have to do that and can add recursive changes.
2. So not only does in general save Scratch space (not that it matters ) but it also keeps one nice clean project., that can be reverted when need be.
3. It doesn't allow 2 peoples to edit the same project, yet however, allows them to edit their own separate versions. The only “live” part about it is that their editing the project in a regular editor.

Full support.

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Gobblesmack
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support - this would improve collabing a ton

#BringBackDiscuss
JACsterandOlibob
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support IF You don't do it this way. What would happen if 2 or more people tried to edit at once? Will it be a bit like G+docs?

f1lip
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support, this has something to do with live editing which is already rejected.
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JACsterandOlibob wrote:

Support IF You don't do it this way. What would happen if 2 or more people tried to edit at once? Will it be a bit like G+docs?
Each editing sension was separate (if you read the topic my friends ), so you could choose which save to use.

f1lip wrote:

No support, this has something to do with live editing which is already rejected.
It's not live editing, you misunderstood the suggestion:

MathlyCat wrote:

Lythium wrote:

_Comicfan_ wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Lythium wrote:

No support

Sigton

I don't think you understand how the suggestion works. It's not live editing at all.

1. It's sort of like remixing a project, except, you don't have to do that and can add recursive changes.
2. So not only does in general save Scratch space (not that it matters ) but it also keeps one nice clean project., that can be reverted when need be.
3. It doesn't allow 2 peoples to edit the same project, yet however, allows them to edit their own separate versions. The only “live” part about it is that their editing the project in a regular editor.

Full support.

Think before you act.

hi there fella
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MathlyCat wrote:

Lythium wrote:

_Comicfan_ wrote:

Sigton wrote:

Lythium wrote:

No support

Sigton

Full support.
Thank you for explaining it to everyone, I don't think they understood.

MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

MathlyCat wrote:

snips
Thank you for explaining it to everyone, I don't think they understood.
It's what happens when people don't read the original post. Honestly, it's literally bashing on an idea.

Think before you act.

hi there fella
ateesdalejr
Scratcher
100+ posts

YEY! Almost like my merge request suggestion! Support! This is almost like github's project management scheme. It would make sticking changes back into the original project so much easier!

Last edited by ateesdalejr (Oct. 17, 2016 13:46:56)

Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. This would make making colab projects way easier.

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
BlazeStudios
New to Scratch
5 posts

Should I bump? Ok bump.

I am a collaboration between @Blaze349 , @SNUGGET ,@mercurytiger and one other.
mr-scratch-cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sounds pretty good. I'm not sure how the ST will feel about this though.

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I haven't supported this yet? Wow, I'll have to get on to that…
Support! This is a really great addition to the website. The ideas are laid out really well, and it's really easy to understand. I can't see any problems with it. Though I may not use it too much, as I prefer the other way of making a bunch of separate stuff, backpacking it and putting it into one main project, and continuing with that process.

Scratch-Adventures
Scratcher
24 posts

Support! Scratch has a terrible collaboration system right now, and nothing has been done about it!

Edit: you could also use a smart system (like GitHub's) to merge changes made at the same time, via storing additions and deletions rather than the new project

Last edited by Scratch-Adventures (Nov. 1, 2017 20:16:57)

Whoops! Only “Scratchers” can post images to the discussion forums. To learn more about becoming a “Scratcher” please visit the FAQ.
elevatorman2007
Scratcher
8 posts

pleeeease make it happen scratch team! please!