Discuss Scratch

Scratch---Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

ceebee wrote:

Found a bug in Scratch 3.0 that you would like to report? Have suggestions you’d like to share? This is the place to do so!
I am sorry. It seems like this topic is supposed to be closed.
If you want to post about Scratch 3.0 Preview, click here.
Click here if you want to view the current version of Scratch 3.
If you want to make a bug report about Scratch 3.0, then click here.
If you want to give suggestions about the current version of Scratch 3.0, then click here or here.
Thanks.

Download Scratch 2.0 | Check your messages | Check my messages
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you want to subscribe to this forum topic, please click the
{} Follow Discussion :: ring sensing
button below this forum post! Thanks!

Maxim-exe
Scratcher
2 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

say [Would it have ready engines?] for (2) secs

Last edited by Maxim-exe (Aug. 5, 2018 07:41:19)

acccode47
Scratcher
9 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Here's what you can do
when green flag clicked
forever
if <Scratch [3.0 v] [released v]> then
say [Hooray! Scratch 3.0 now open]

else
say [Not yet]
wait until <Scratch [3.0 v] [released v]>
end
end
Supper_Alex_man
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Good Afternoon, Scratch team! Scratch 3.0 looks interesting and very good!
But, I want you to let all projects made in 2.0 to be opened in new version with all details including 2.0 features (I mean text in this block
say []
I'll be very pleased.

Thank you
sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Furrhead-Productions wrote:

I repeat to scratch again, pls heed my warnings. marketing for more 3 and 4 year olds to code is just going to drive the majority of ur user base away, which are mainly 10-15 years old. We dont want to work on giant blocks that take space and look kiddy. We also asked u for dozens of features and new blocks over the last couple of years, and this 3.0 satisfies none of them! As well as our projects will break down and stop working due to editing of old functions! I repeat! Stop this! Change it! MArket it properly! Add those feaures and blocks we want! Dont edit current functions! All of those who agree, join my studio called, Stop 3.0!
i am with u bro
Cat_McScratch
Scratcher
3 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

there should be cloud lists!!

add [blah blah] to [cloud list]
MissApple008
Scratcher
74 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Lol 3.0 is going to be released 2 days before my birthday.

3.0 release date: Jan 2, 2019.

My birthday: Jan 4, 2019.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT CALL ME BY MY ACTUAL USERNAME. It is truly abhorrent. Please just call me Apple, or my Discord username, Bread Pudding.

HomieBlueYoshiYT
Scratcher
22 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Scratch
Has
Been
Announced
For
Jan 2019!
greenshaman
Scratcher
26 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

This is kind of random for a complaint… but…
when I receive [scratch3.0 v]
book 8 of Amulet will already have been released (almmost 4 months prior)
I learned about Amulet less than a month ago.
I’m already sick of waiting. I guess I will be sick of waiting for scratch 3.0 months before it’s released.

Last edited by greenshaman (Aug. 6, 2018 22:10:23)

olimpic27yu
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

I think scratch 3.0 should have a currency like “Scratch Points” or “Scratch Coins”.
because I am trying to SELL my ART and instead of using some type of Scratch currency, I have to sell my art by who posts the most COMMENTS people do on my art!!! I just want to have a scratch currency, so we can BUY people's art and other stuff, and earn them by sharing projects, and getting followed.
The reason why I'm mentioning this, is because of THIS STUDIO https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5256273/
idk if the link really works or not, but if it doesn't, then write the link down in the search bar of your computer screen.
And if THAT doesn't work, then idk what will Xd
By the way,idk means "I don't know'
when green flag clicked
say [I think there should be a CURRENCY in Scratch 3.0!] for (5) secs
forever
play sound [dance head nod v] until done
end
sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

olimpic27yu wrote:

I think scratch 3.0 should have a currency like “Scratch Points” or “Scratch Coins”.
because I am trying to SELL my ART and instead of using some type of Scratch currency, I have to sell my art by who posts the most COMMENTS people do on my art!!! I just want to have a scratch currency, so we can BUY people's art and other stuff, and earn them by sharing projects, and getting followed.
The reason why I'm mentioning this, is because of THIS STUDIO https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/5256273/
idk if the link really works or not, but if it doesn't, then write the link down in the search bar of your computer screen.
And if THAT doesn't work, then idk what will Xd
By the way,idk means "I don't know'
when green flag clicked
say [I think there should be a CURRENCY in Scratch 3.0!] for (5) secs
forever
play sound [dance head nod v] until done
end

scratch is for kids 8 and up so some kid wont understand and scratch hates us big kids
Mr-Dave
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

sonicfan4566 wrote:

scratch is for kids 8 and up so some kid wont understand and scratch hates us big kids
I think you're exaggerating. The Scratch team has made 3.0 be more familiar to younger users of Scratch JR but they don't hate big kids.

olimpic27yu wrote:

I think scratch 3.0 should have a currency like “Scratch Points” or “Scratch Coins”….
I don't understand why people keep suggesting some kind of commercialization of Scratch. The moment this web site becomes something more than a purely educational site then the Fair Use Doctrine will no longer apply to use of copyrighted material and the lawyers will line up around the block to sue MIT.
sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

Mr-Dave wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

I think you're exaggerating. The Scratch team has made 3.0 be more familiar to younger users of Scratch JR but they don't hate big kids.

olimpic27yu wrote:

I think scratch 3.0 should have a currency like “Scratch Points” or “Scratch Coins”….
I don't understand why people keep suggesting some kind of commercialization of Scratch. The moment this web site becomes something more than a purely educational site then the Fair Use Doctrine will no longer apply to use of copyrighted material and the lawyers will line up around the block to sue MIT.

u are Right
Furrhead-Productions
Scratcher
80 posts

Scratch 3.0 Preview

I repeat to scratch again, pls heed my warnings. marketing for more 3 and 4 year olds to code is just going to drive the majority of ur user base away, which are mainly 10-15 years old. We dont want to work on giant blocks that take space and look kiddy. We also asked u for dozens of features and new blocks over the last couple of years, and this 3.0 satisfies none of them! As well as our projects will break down and stop working due to editing of old functions! I repeat! Stop this! Change it! market it properly! Add those features and blocks we want! Dont edit current functions! All of those who agree, join my studio called, Stop 3.0!