Discuss Scratch

JCTeam2
Scratcher
4 posts

Scratch 3.0 Suggestions & Bug Reports

Hey, could you guys add friends into Scratch? It would be cool because you could make team projects, or just want to chat with someone.

Heypeoples2
Scratcher
36 posts

JCTeam2 wrote:

Hey, could you guys add friends into Scratch? It would be cool because you could make team projects, or just want to chat with someone.

Good point, but a better idea is that you can make a project, make a button that you can send it to your friends that made a Scratch account and then we can add things to it together!

“Everyone has a talent. It may be hidden deep down inside.”

Sincerely, @Heypeoples2
Heypeoples2
Scratcher
36 posts

correiacai wrote:

On this scratch there is not a brown color. You should add brown to the colors. Also will they still keep this scratch?
Yeah. I want figure this out too!

Sincerely, @Heypeoples2
Scratcher
2 posts

Can there be a
[/save]
flaviohfs
Scratcher
1 post

Someone tried to run Scratch 3 on Chromium browser (Raspberry OS)? Here the CPU usage is around 95% even while just idle /dragging blocks and the stage area doesn't show.
AgressiveAlbus
Scratcher
17 posts

There should be a button on the bottom of projects, as well as a love and fav, a “keep to date,” which when pressed, notifies you when theres an update!
Locness
Scratcher
55 posts

henry27q wrote:

run this script

when flag clicked
hide
pen up
erase all
go to x: 0 y: 0
pen down
forever
turn right 1 degrees
move 1 steps

it makes an octagon.
so annoying, so there's a pen/rotate glitch

Does a circle for me. https://screenshots.firefox.com/1IwhnSLWj68JchNN/beta.scratch.mit.edu

AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
500+ posts

Locness wrote:

henry27q wrote:

run this script

when flag clicked
hide
pen up
erase all
go to x: 0 y: 0
pen down
forever
turn right 1 degrees
move 1 steps

it makes an octagon.
so annoying, so there's a pen/rotate glitch

Does a circle for me. https://screenshots.firefox.com/1IwhnSLWj68JchNN/beta.scratch.mit.edu
That was a fix that I made by reverting a previous Pull Request.

set [variable v] to [true]
if <<I finally learned how to do a signature :: sensing> = <variable :: variables>> then
set [response v] to [YES!!!!!]
end
say (show::looks stack) for (stop [all v]::cap) secs
ChilliDisco21
Scratcher
94 posts

correiacai wrote:

On this scratch there is not a brown color. You should add brown to the colors. Also will they still keep this scratch?
1] You have to create brown. I used Color 7 Saturation 60 Brightness 51 and 2] They will let you download the offline editor for 2.0. Bye!

forever
games :: #3498DB
tutorials :: #F7DC6F
art :: #ff00ff
say [All on ChilliDisco21!] for (2) secs :: #000000
end
Bye!
Scratcher
2 posts

Looks good to me!
Heypeoples2
Scratcher
36 posts

Excuse me, I have a suggestion. I know it's sooo late to give suggestions but I have one.

Can you like, on studios like put your name on the first of the curators/managers list? I find it very frustrating trying to leave a studio like @Will_Wam's fan club, let's get 10,000 managers, etc. I mean, you have to scroll and scroll until ya find ur name.

Sincerely, @Heypeoples2
AdventureMase
Scratcher
62 posts

Could you make it so it gives you a message when someone views your project?

And make it so you can turn on/off all different types of messages?

Hi! I'm AdventureMase! See my stats. I do f4f follow for follow
 =D hat; #000 :: hat :: #000
motion :: motion
variables :: variables
operators :: operators
list :: list
sensing :: sensing
looks :: looks
sound :: sound
pen :: pen
events :: events
custom :: custom
cap :: cap :: operators
EvanatorM11
Scratcher
3 posts

There's a bug with slider variables. If you move the slider and press a button, it will select the slider instead. This prevents anything with a button control from happening.
SuperWhale123
Scratcher
94 posts

correiacai wrote:

Only for offline download, I believe.

Last edited by SuperWhale123 (Sept. 13, 2018 14:58:41)

Keep scratching!
wait (0) secs
go to [Scratch ]
Beware of the non- edible website cookies!
SuperWhale123: I like the whale. Have a whale of a time on scratch!
Did you know? The blue whale is the largest mammal!
MiraculousLover05
Scratcher
20 posts

Would you be able to make it possible to select multiple costumes to add to a sprite? Sometimes there are multiple costumes I want to choose from the sprite library, but since there's so many it takes a while to get all the costumes I need. Thank you!

Hai! My name's Mira, and I try my best to make Scratch an amazing place for other Scratchers. Got any questions? Feel free to ask me on my profile! I might be a little new to the discussions and just barely celebrating my 10 month mark, but I'm still going strong on trying to answer other people's questions. Scratch on!
ChilliDisco21
Scratcher
94 posts

MiraculousLover05 wrote:

Would you be able to make it possible to select multiple costumes to add to a sprite? Sometimes there are multiple costumes I want to choose from the sprite library, but since there's so many it takes a while to get all the costumes I need. Thank you!
In 3.0 you can search for costumes so it's easier. Idk how to fix that problem u have tho.

forever
end
Bye!
chaseracing
Scratcher
24 posts

I quite love the current design and would like to present the idea of scratch theme. We could have one like the current 3.0 design, but frankly I think the scratch 2.0 style is easier to work with because of being more compact. I can see everything I'm working with at once, something the scratch 3.0 lacks. The 3.0 is harder to navigate, it's much brighter, and less appealing. Honestly, if scratch looked like 3.0 I never would have started. However, I think the 3.0 format is a great idea as well. Though it may be less appealing for me, the current generation is growing more and more comfortable with what I call “cell phone style” devices. Therefore, scratch 3.0 would actually be More appealing to the current generation of children. I feel that one of the main reasons people are complaining about the change, is because the scratch 2.0 is a work of art. It's the reason I got into digital editing, coding, and graphic design. Scratch 2.0 is what got me into coding, because of its cozy, compact design. I'm probably just rambling at this point, but i do believe scratch can appeal both sides, by presenting a way to make it look and feel similar to 2.0, or the completely new and modern 3.0 feel. I don't think that we should get rid of 3.0. I also don't want to loose 2.0. I know that 2.0 will become unsupported, but I would like it(or something similar) to live on after. Maybe call it 2.5

Thank you!

I'M HUMBLE!!! ( ͠° ͜ʖ °)
t__
New to Scratch
3 posts

cs1077048 wrote:

Could you make it compatible with more browsers? Less people could be using Scratch if they use browsers other than Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox. Izeriox has vivaldi and opera (which i have honestly never heard of until now) and used the inspect element to delete the “Your browser is not supported” popup and 3.0 worked just fine. Here's some proof:

Izeriox wrote:

i did some testing using vivaldi/opera by inspect-elementing the page and removing the “this browser is not supported” notice and it appears to work perfectly.

even then i don't understand why vivaldi and opera aren't supported because they run using the same engine as chrome.
So could we make Scratch 3.0 compatible with more browsers? (you could keep Internet Explorer not compatible though.)
this please

i like scratch
ChilliDisco21
Scratcher
94 posts

chaseracing wrote:

I quite love the current design and would like to present the idea of scratch theme. We could have one like the current 3.0 design, but frankly I think the scratch 2.0 style is easier to work with because of being more compact. I can see everything I'm working with at once, something the scratch 3.0 lacks. The 3.0 is harder to navigate, it's much brighter, and less appealing. Honestly, if scratch looked like 3.0 I never would have started. However, I think the 3.0 format is a great idea as well. Though it may be less appealing for me, the current generation is growing more and more comfortable with what I call “cell phone style” devices. Therefore, scratch 3.0 would actually be More appealing to the current generation of children. I feel that one of the main reasons people are complaining about the change, is because the scratch 2.0 is a work of art. It's the reason I got into digital editing, coding, and graphic design. Scratch 2.0 is what got me into coding, because of its cozy, compact design. I'm probably just rambling at this point, but i do believe scratch can appeal both sides, by presenting a way to make it look and feel similar to 2.0, or the completely new and modern 3.0 feel. I don't think that we should get rid of 3.0. I also don't want to loose 2.0. I know that 2.0 will become unsupported, but I would like it(or something similar) to live on after. Maybe call it 2.5

Thank you!
If you like 2.0 then you can download the 2.0 offline editor. There's not a 3.0 one yet and you can keep it!

forever
end
Bye!
AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
500+ posts

ChilliDisco21 wrote:

chaseracing wrote:

Thank you!
If you like 2.0 then you can download the 2.0 offline editor. There's not a 3.0 one yet and you can keep it!
Eventually, 2.0 support will end though…

set [variable v] to [true]
if <<I finally learned how to do a signature :: sensing> = <variable :: variables>> then
set [response v] to [YES!!!!!]
end
say (show::looks stack) for (stop [all v]::cap) secs