Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » Programming Class! Now Open! Come now! Now teaching JavaScript and other programming languages! [RSS Feed]
Allcubes2
Scratcher
86 posts

Programming Class! Now Open! Come now! Now teaching JavaScript and other programming languages!

myeducate wrote:

doodthedoodthedood wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Is there going to be any more students?

GLITCH: My browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detected My browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detected

I hope.
I might've found some
Who?

Last edited by Allcubes2 (May 2, 2018 18:48:35)

Visit my art Shop! Or my review shop!
Art: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/296351/ Review: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/296491/?page=1#post-3042899
when I receive [The Message Above]
think [I should do that!]
go to [the forum post and order something]
go to [the shop I help on]
link is here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/293749/ <—- copy it
Coder_Annika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Programming Class! Now Open! Come now! Now teaching JavaScript and other programming languages!

Allcubes2 wrote:

myeducate wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

GLITCH: My browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detected My browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detectedMy browser / operating system: Android Linux 7.0, Chrome 66.0.3359.126, No Flash version detected

I hope.
I might've found some
Who?
Who?

Last edited by Deathbringer (Today, 19:02:47)

myeducate
Scratcher
500+ posts

Coder_Annika wrote:

Allcubes2 wrote:

myeducate wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

I hope.
I might've found some
Who?
Who?

Last edited by Deathbringer (Today, 19:02:47)
nvm

INACTIVE
SPA Member and Assosiate - Creator and overlord of ScratchNetwork - 700+ Forum Posts - Web and Desktop Dev - Fluent in VB, PHP and HTML. I'm okay at CSS and Javascript but am still learning. Sig written in PHP using the picture libary. Firebase is fun.

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

myeducate wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

I hope.
I might've found some
Why was there a color BBCode at the end?Drag your mouse over the space before this.
Who?
Last edited by KajTheModerator on Apr 2, 2017. If you are reading this, please comment on his profile to figure out how to remove this.

Last edited by mrbumppo (May 2, 2018 22:53:06)

mrbumppo
The Internet is a weird place, so don't question it.

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

My username is mrbumppo, not mrbuppo.

mrbumppo

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

My username is mrbumppo, not mrbuppo.
Oops, sorry

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Is this still active?

mrbumppo

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

Is this still active?
Bump that you can't see.
Bomp.

Last edited by KajTheModerator, then by -WaterSpikes-

mrbumppo

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Full Java Course Info:

About
Java is a programming language that was released by Sun. Later, Oracle bought it and became the owner. It is a very powerful programming language, but is also very advanced.

This course will teach you Java from making text apps to windowed apps to servered websites that other people on your network can accsess.

Hardware requirements
You will need access to a desktop computer.
Almost any computer is fast enough for this course.

Software requirements
This course is suitable for Mac, Linux and Windows. Other operating systems should work as well.
You should have a web browser - preferably Firefox or Chrome - installed.
You should also install Eclipse from eclipse.org as well as Java from java.com.

Other requirements
You don't need to have taken any other courses to complete this course, but please make sure you are familiar with the Scratch programming language and HTML markup language. If you want to learn HTML, take the course or go to w3schools.com.
It would be helpful if you have an account with GitHub or ReplIT, but it isn't required.

Classes
#1: Make a hello world app.
#2: Make a simple calculator in a terminal.
#3: Download eclipse and java to your computer and use swing to create a simple calculator.
#4: Use applet to draw a random bar graph.
#5: Learn about JSP and Tomcat.
#6: Set up Tomcat on your computer.
#7: Make a simple java web app using applet and JSP.
#8: Make a website that you can later edit, and embed applets, and create a signup system using a database.
#9: Download android studio and create a simple app for android phones.
#10: Use java to create a Newsletter app for the phone.
#11: The part of tens - Learn about ten tools to make java development easier.
#12: Learn why java even is used.
#13: Java quiz.
#14: Get a Java certificate and help teach Java with a quiz, and make more classes.

mrbumppo

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About
Java is a programming language that was released by Sun. Later, Oracle bought it and became the owner. It is a very powerful programming language, but is also very advanced.

This course will teach you Java from making text apps to windowed apps to servered websites that other people on your network can accsess.

Hardware requirements

Software requirements
This course is suitable for Mac, Linux and Windows. Other operating systems should work as well.

Other requirements
You don't need to have taken any other courses to complete this course, but please make sure you are familiar with the Scratch programming language and HTML markup language. If you want to learn HTML, take the course or go to w3schools.com.
It would be helpful if you have an account with GitHub or ReplIT, but it isn't required.

Classes
#3: Download eclipse and java to your computer and use swing to create a simple calculator.
#8: Make a website that you can later edit, and embed applets, and create a signup system using a database.
#14: Get a Java certificate and help teach Java with a quiz, and make more classes.
Seems fun

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun
Join? I'm happy to teach the first class.

Last edited by mrbumppo (May 3, 2018 20:16:35)

mrbumppo

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump…
If you were smart enough to see this, high-five! My browser / operating system: Chrome / ChromeOS
Drag over the space before this text.
If you see this, good job!

mrbumppo

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun
Why not, I would love to learn.

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
If you were smart enough to see this, high-five! My browser / operating system: Chrome / ChromeOS
I smart

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
I smart
OK, so your first class is to make a Hello world app.

mrbumppo

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
I smart
With each assignment you will have to start with a lesson.

doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
I smart
Lesson 1 - Fundamentals
In this lesson, you will find out how to program Java. In each example, click the Try on ReplIT to try the code and edit it.

Java is OO
Java is object-oriented, which means that all code is contained in a class, like this:
Example Java:
class SomeName {
}
Try on Repl.IT

A few commands to know
import ___: Loads a .jar file into your code for later use. Try on Repl.IT
System.out.println(“___”): Prints text. Try on Repl.IT
int ___ = ___: Creates an integer variable. Only integers(1, 2, 3, etc.) are allowed inside. Try on Repl.IT
___ = ___: Set a variable to a value, but the value must be the correct type. For example, you can't store a string in an int variable. Try on Repl.IT

Assignment/Homework
Make a program that prints “Hello! This is my first Java program.” on the screen and host it on Repl.IT or GitHub. Try it at here.

mrbumppo

jokebookservice1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

^Sorry to jump in here, not my class so feel free to ignore me! but perhaps it would be a good idea to explain what a class (as in oop) is (rather than showing what it looks like); explain what a variable is; what characters can be used in an identifier for a variable; etc.

As a first lesson, therefore, it might be okay to just show how to print a hello world program (or just print a string), because everything else requires a lot of deep explanation in my opinion
doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
I smart
Lesson 1 - Fundamentals
In this lesson, you will find out how to program Java. In each example, click the Try on ReplIT to try the code and edit it.

Java is OO
Java is object-oriented, which means that all code is contained in a class, like this:
Example Java:
class SomeName {
}
Try on Repl.IT

A few commands to know
int ___ = ___: Creates an integer variable. Only integers(1, 2, 3, etc.) are allowed inside. Try on Repl.IT
___ = ___: Set a variable to a value, but the value must be the correct type. For example, you can't store a string in an int variable. Try on Repl.IT

Assignment/Homework
Make a program that prints “Hello! This is my first Java program.” on the screen and host it on Repl.IT or GitHub. Try it at here.
https://github.com/doodthedoodthedood/Java-Assignment1 is my assignment.

mrbumppo
Scratcher
500+ posts

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

mrbumppo wrote:

Full Java Course Info:

About

Hardware requirements

Software requirements

Other requirements

Classes
Seems fun

mrbumppo wrote:

Bump…
I smart
Lesson 1 - Fundamentals

Java is OO
Example Java:
class SomeName {
}
Try on Repl.IT

A few commands to know

Assignment/Homework
https://github.com/doodthedoodthedood/Java-Assignment1 is my assignment.
Um, can you snippet posts by replacing parts of them with -snipped-?

mrbumppo

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » Programming Class! Now Open! Come now! Now teaching JavaScript and other programming languages! [RSS Feed]