Discuss Scratch

WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Define A Block Remix

Mozboz wrote:

EZ-Games wrote:

Not sure if I completely understand, this is what I am getting from this:
You can remake, or merge blocks together somehow, to make one, new, simple block.

No Support for the following reasons:
  1. This pretty much already exists, custom blocks.
You can do the same thing with custom blocks, you just need to define those custom blocks.
I said why in my post that says it's quicker for it to already be there!
I agree, it definitely is quicker.
But how quicker? And is it really necessary? I don't think that adding a new block that doesn't save a lot of time and has very few uses is worth it.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (Oct. 7, 2019 14:00:55)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
Scratcher
100+ posts

Define A Block Remix

No support.
1. Repeat drum block you can make with the following code:
repeat (10)
play drum (1 v) for (0.25) beats
end
2. Move and bounce block you can make with the following code:
move (10) steps
if on edge, bounce

Hello, I am
(8243874::operators)
Mozboz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Define A Block Remix

WindOctahedron wrote:

Mozboz wrote:

EZ-Games wrote:

Not sure if I completely understand, this is what I am getting from this:
You can remake, or merge blocks together somehow, to make one, new, simple block.

No Support for the following reasons:
  1. This pretty much already exists, custom blocks.
You can do the same thing with custom blocks, you just need to define those custom blocks.
I said why in my post that says it's quicker for it to already be there!
I agree, it definitely is quicker.
But how quicker? And is it really necessary? I don't think that adding a new block that doesn't save a lot of time and has very few uses is worth it.
You need advanced My Block skills to do so!

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. Here, have a cure. You can “cure” one friend. But you cannot cure yourself. You may also give people your cures. Be creative, and remember, you can only take one cure from me.
If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.
OC CONTEST, PLEASE ENTER! Puppy Pleasure - please join! (Shift-Down)
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Define A Block Remix

Mozboz wrote:

WindOctahedron wrote:

-snip-
You need advanced My Block skills to do so!
No, you don't need any advanced skills.

Try clicking on those buttons and editing the text until you get what you desire, and click the “OK” button.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (Oct. 7, 2019 15:09:22)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
Mozboz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Define A Block Remix

You know, that isn't learnt when you learn about the My Blocks part!

Last edited by Mozboz (Oct. 7, 2019 19:33:42)

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. Here, have a cure. You can “cure” one friend. But you cannot cure yourself. You may also give people your cures. Be creative, and remember, you can only take one cure from me.
If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.
OC CONTEST, PLEASE ENTER! Puppy Pleasure - please join! (Shift-Down)
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Define A Block Remix

Mozboz wrote:

<snip>

You can try, experiment, and you'll soon learn it.

EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Define A Block Remix

WindOctahedron wrote:

Mozboz wrote:

<snip>

You can try, experiment, and you'll soon learn it.
This is correct, just experiment, and you'll get it. If you want help learning how to use the blocks, search up a tutorial, and get help in the Help With Scripts forum. This is the best way (in my opinion) to learn more about scripting on Scratch.

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.