Discuss Scratch

TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

untitled short story collab thing

fantale wrote:

well if we want to write from an animal's pov then they'll have to be intelligent i guess. but you've got a good point.
probably a bad idea: humans with special characteristics, like a chemical in their blood, that has amazing healing properties for regular humans? and everyone who has that trait has to hide it, because people with different blood chemicals aren't treated as normal humans, but are hunted down by people who want to profit off the healing chemical?

that sounds really good! though we should make it fit into the fantasy genre, maybe we could build off of purebloods and half-bloods like in harry potter?

awesomeyeeness10
New to Scratch
26 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

that sounds really good! though we should make it fit into the fantasy genre, maybe we could build off of purebloods and half-bloods like in harry potter?

thought you didn't like hp ender??

TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

awesomeyeeness10 wrote:

i don't, AWESOME, i was just giving people a reference >:c

isIand
Scratcher
89 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

awesomeyeeness10 wrote:

i don't, AWESOME, i was just giving people a reference >:c

Wait why don't you like it

respect existence or expect resistance
fantale
Scratcher
58 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

fantale wrote:

well if we want to write from an animal's pov then they'll have to be intelligent i guess. but you've got a good point.
probably a bad idea: humans with special characteristics, like a chemical in their blood, that has amazing healing properties for regular humans? and everyone who has that trait has to hide it, because people with different blood chemicals aren't treated as normal humans, but are hunted down by people who want to profit off the healing chemical?

i guess that could work, like the purebloods are fully human (with ordinary blood) and the half-bloods are half-humans and half-magical creatures (with healing blood?)

EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

fantale wrote:

ooh yes
TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

isIand wrote:

harry potter is a terrible protagonist, the first book was * and was something i could read at the age of eight, ginny is a mary sue, need more?

Last edited by TheEnderQueen (March 18, 2018 00:25:04)

isIand
Scratcher
89 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

isIand wrote:

harry potter is a terrible protagonist, the first book was * and was something i could read at the age of eight, ginny is a mary sue, need more?

no lol I get it

EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

isIand wrote:

yeah, hp isn't written very well tbh

okay off topicness
TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

fantale wrote:

i guess that could work, like the purebloods are fully human (with ordinary blood) and the half-bloods are half-humans and half-magical creatures (with healing blood?)

and it doesn't necessarily have to be healing blood- maybe it could be the source of magic? but then that'd mean all our characters would have to be half-bloods and i'd prefer some variety. but that's a really good idea, we could definitely incorporate it in the story

isIand
Scratcher
89 posts

I'll have my main character be fully human.

fantale
Scratcher
58 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

fantale wrote:

and it doesn't necessarily have to be healing blood- maybe it could be the source of magic? but then that'd mean all our characters would have to be half-bloods and i'd prefer some variety. but that's a really good idea, we could definitely incorporate it in the story

ooh yes that's a good idea! there can be some half-bloods, some pureblood hunters and maybe some of the original magic creatures that the halfbloods are descended from? idk if that would work though.

this is simultaneously the most productive and least productive thing i've done - everyone's having great ideas and working together but my assignments are being neglected

EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

isIand wrote:

Same. I'll create a page for her on notebook.ai.
isIand
Scratcher
89 posts

fantale wrote:

this is simultaneously the most productive and least productive thing i've done - everyone's having great ideas and working together but my assignments are being neglected

relatable

TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

isIand wrote:

wait but one second, let's slow down. first of all, does anyone just want to be an editor and provide ideas, and not write? second of all, does the chemical in the blood provide magic, or extra healing abilities? third of all, what will the creatures be, and are they going to be pets, or hunted, or anything else? i was thinking phoenixi (not correct plural but looks cooler), and dragons (nova's participating, ofc we need to add dragons)

Niamh-
Scratcher
100+ posts

so are we having some half-bloods and some human? (the ones with the powers)
TheEnderQueen
Scratcher
500+ posts

EcIipsed wrote:

isIand wrote:

wait let's not jump into characters yet, let's get the world physics all done first

fantale wrote:

omg yes for sure

isIand
Scratcher
89 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

isIand wrote:

wait but one second, let's slow down. first of all, does anyone just want to be an editor and provide ideas, and not write? second of all, does the chemical in the blood provide magic, or extra healing abilities? third of all, what will the creatures be, and are they going to be pets, or hunted, or anything else? i was thinking phoenixi (not correct plural but looks cooler), and dragons (nova's participating, ofc we need to add dragons)

1) I'll be a writer
2) idk
3) Pets + hunted in my opinion

fantale
Scratcher
58 posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

i'd like to write.
i'm not really sure what the magical abilities of the chemical would entail, but i'm open to whatever.
idk if they'd be pets, really - mostly human, but maybe segregated from society and hunted down?

also i definitely support phoenixi as the plural

EcIipsed
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheEnderQueen wrote:

EcIipsed wrote:

isIand wrote:

wait let's not jump into characters yet, let's get the world physics all done first

fantale wrote:

omg yes for sure

okay, but i want to jot down a name

TheEnderQueen wrote:

isIand wrote:

1. Writer
2. ,Magic!
3. Hunted, and the rich have pets